Five months in Lithuania

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Five months in Lithuania

Post by ***JP*** »

Now that this forum is finally for people who are willing to share their experiences about living abroad troll free I feel like sharing what's been going on in my life so here it goes. As most of you know I've moved to Lithuania 5 months ago to join my wife here. In the five months I've been living here I finally landed a job and things are beginning to look up. I will not lie finding a job in Lithuania is not easy but there is companies willing to hire foreigners. So far life has been good here in Lithuania and I have been meeting new very interesting people including expats from Latin America. The guy from Brazil who I met was the one who got me to work in the same company and at one point we discussed what was wrong both in the US and Brazil and boy I was in for a shock when he told me how the dating situation is in Brazil.

So far that is it for now I will keep updating this forum on how life is going now that we have a troll free section.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Five months in Lithuania

Post by Jester »

***JP*** wrote:Now that this forum is finally for people who are willing to share their experiences about living abroad troll free I feel like sharing what's been going on in my life so here it goes. As most of you know I've moved to Lithuania 5 months ago to join my wife here. In the five months I've been living here I finally landed a job and things are beginning to look up. I will not lie finding a job in Lithuania is not easy but there is companies willing to hire foreigners. So far life has been good here in Lithuania and I have been meeting new very interesting people including expats from Latin America. The guy from Brazil who I met was the one who got me to work in the same company and at one point we discussed what was wrong both in the US and Brazil and boy I was in for a shock when he told me how the dating situation is in Brazil.

So far that is it for now I will keep updating this forum on how life is going now that we have a troll free section.
looking forward to your posts. You are a major success story. Plus a fellow (extreme) fish-out-of-water. Thus worth listening to.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

***JP*** wrote:Now that this forum is finally for people who are willing to share their experiences about living abroad troll free I feel like sharing what's been going on in my life so here it goes. As most of you know I've moved to Lithuania 5 months ago to join my wife here. In the five months I've been living here I finally landed a job and things are beginning to look up. I will not lie finding a job in Lithuania is not easy but there is companies willing to hire foreigners. So far life has been good here in Lithuania and I have been meeting new very interesting people including expats from Latin America. The guy from Brazil who I met was the one who got me to work in the same company and at one point we discussed what was wrong both in the US and Brazil and boy I was in for a shock when he told me how the dating situation is in Brazil.

Look forward to your Lithuania experiences, JP. I'm glad you're happy there with you wife.

BTW, can you discuss the conversation you had with the Brazilian?: I mean, did he really complain about the dating life in Brazil? That kinda' shocked me, tbh.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

yeah I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one as well
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Congrats. Why is finding a job in Lithuania not easy? Couldn't you just teach English there?

Do the help wanted ads have many jobs there?

I love Lithuania. It has such a nice vibe and the girls are so feminine, thin and act humble and modest.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

zboy1 wrote:

Look forward to your Lithuania experiences, JP. I'm glad you're happy there with you wife.

BTW, can you discuss the conversation you had with the Brazilian?: I mean, did he really complain about the dating life in Brazil? That kinda' shocked me, tbh.

Well even though Brazil is a super fast growing economy he was not happy at home including on the dating situation where as usual when a country gets richer everything changes. While he was finishing law school he met a Lithuanian exchange student who eventually became his wife and he moved to Lithuania. They are now expecting a son soon and like me he feels better and happier here even though he's not working as a lawyer.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Winston wrote:Congrats. Why is finding a job in Lithuania not easy? Couldn't you just teach English there?

Do the help wanted ads have many jobs there?

I love Lithuania. It has such a nice vibe and the girls are so feminine, thin and act humble and modest.

Actually Winston many Lithuanian youth speaks english already the new growing trend with young people especially in Kaunas is learning the Spanish language. Finding a job in Lithuania is hard because still to this day many Lithuanians are still migrating out even though the economy here has improved and Euro adoption is happening in January 2015. In a way my friend from Brazil came like a miracle when he told me he was working for a company where they are looking for foreigners. My original plan was to find a job at the US Embassy but so far there have been no job openings so I decided to take this job and see where it takes me. Honestly I feel so much better now cause I'm finally doing something again cause I hate to be doing nothing.