An Attractive Filipina's Experience With Filipino Cupid

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

An Attractive Filipina's Experience With Filipino Cupid

Post by OutWest »

We know this 20 year-old Filipina who posted her profile online. She a go-slow girl looking
for a serious relationship leading to marriage. She is attractive, well educated and very intelligent.
She told us she is getting 2 or 3 hundred emails a day and skims through to pick about 12 she will answer. About a dozen men have traveled to the Philippines to meet her, many offering all
kinds of stuff...money, even a car. She always has a chaperone and will accept nothing that is offered.
She is not for sale. She is looking for an honorable man...with respect...one with a great heart who will not try to buy her. So far she has come up empty, despite getting over 15,000 emails.

We are having a single friend here as a guest in April. He is a great man with a heart of gold.
We are going to make an introduction. I am thinking she will be off the market the day we make
the introduction...time will tell.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

OutWest wrote:We know this 20 year-old Filipina who posted her profile online. She a go-slow girl looking
for a serious relationship leading to marriage. She is attractive, well educated and very intelligent.
She told us she is getting 2 or 3 hundred emails a day and skims through to pick about 12 she will answer. About a dozen men have traveled to the Philippines to meet her, many offering all
kinds of stuff...money, even a car. She always has a chaperone and will accept nothing that is offered.
She is not for sale. She is looking for an honorable man...with respect...one with a great heart who will not try to buy her. So far she has come up empty, despite getting over 15,000 emails.

We are having a single friend here as a guest in April. He is a great man with a heart of gold.
We are going to make an introduction. I am thinking she will be off the market the day we make
Interesting that there have been no additional postings, nor anyone asking how to meet her. Perhaps the line, "She's a go-slow girl looking for a serious relationship leading to marriage" turned everyone off.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

davewe wrote:Interesting that there have been no additional postings, nor anyone asking how to meet her. Perhaps the line, "She's a go-slow girl looking for a serious relationship leading to marriage" turned everyone off.
That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is this:
About a dozen men have traveled to the Philippines to meet her, many offering all
She is not for sale.
It's a man's role to wine and dine. She shouldn't see this as being bought. Even if the cost of a meal is 1 penny, she should let the man pay. To refuse this role is a direct insult, it kill's a man's ego. The description reads like she wants independence. Of course she shouldn't accept gifts from men she is serious about.

Unless the chaperone is her mother or grandmother, they don't belong there.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

drealm wrote:
davewe wrote:
About a dozen men have traveled to the Philippines to meet her, many offering all
She is not for sale.
It's a man's role to wine and dine. She shouldn't see this as being bought. Even if the cost of a meal is 1 penny, she should let the man pay. To refuse this role is a direct insult, it kill's a man's ego. The description reads like she wants independence. Of course she shouldn't accept gifts from men she is serious about.

Unless the chaperone is her mother or grandmother, they don't belong there.
A. Chaparones in the Philippines are traditional, though the tradition is less extensive than it once was.
B. Outwest said she would not accept major gifts from guys who offered her money and cars. This ain't wining and dining behavior. Sounds like a good one to me, and Outwest ought to know.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

davewe wrote:
drealm wrote:
davewe wrote: A. Chaparones in the Philippines are traditional, though the tradition is less extensive than it once was.
B. Outwest said she would not accept major gifts from guys who offered her money and cars. This ain't wining and dining behavior. Sounds like a good one to me, and Outwest ought to know.
I don't know the customs. I guess as long as it's any older female family member I'm okay with that and respect it. It shouldn't be a friend though because they don't have a vested interest in her blood line.

Fair enough money and cars is overboard for a first date.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

davewe wrote:
OutWest wrote:We know this 20 year-old Filipina who posted her profile online. She a go-slow girl looking

Interesting that there have been no additional postings, nor anyone asking how to meet her. Perhaps the line, "She's a go-slow girl looking for a serious relationship leading to marriage" turned everyone off.
Here are the problems I see with this case:

1. She's getting 200+ emails a day. That's over a thousand a week and you said over 15,000 in total! I don't know anyone who ever got hit-up nearly that much on one dating site. Who wants to compete with thousands. I could get that back in USA and some of the girls there are at least better looking.

2. She's picking 12 out of 200+ to answer each day. That's 6% or less. Odds are not good that she will even answer a letter.

3. What exactly is an "honorable man...with respect...one with a great heart who will not try to buy her". I know several guys who are like all that. So it seems odd that out of nearly a dozen, none met that simple hurdle.

4. She has to be constantly chaperoned. Now if a girl is a virgin, that's fine and can be respected and honored until after marriage. But before getting married to someone, I think it would be wise to invest plenty of private dating time to get to know the real her. If that is not possible (she always needs to be in presence of third party), then that's a serious barrier. We are not in the 1800s here

5. When someone is billed as 'attractive', a lot depends on the interpreter. We all have our own tastes. So it's hard to be interested in someone before seeing their images at least. Similarly, 'intelligent' is subject to interpretation. And well-educated means what (which schools and degrees)?

6. Last but far from least, he said, "We are having a single friend here as a guest in April. He is a great man with a heart of gold. We are going to make an introduction. I am thinking she will be off the market the day we make the introduction" So it sounds like he's got her lined-up with the right guy already. The post is for information purposes only. He's not offering a chance to others here on the forum.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
davewe wrote:

Here are the problems I see with this case:

1. She's getting 200+ emails a day. That's over a thousand a week and you said over 15,000 in total! I don't know anyone who ever got hit-up nearly that much on one dating site. Who wants to compete with thousands. I could get that back in USA and some of the girls there are at least better looking.

2. She's picking 12 out of 200+ to answer each day. That's 6% or less. Odds are not good that she will even answer a letter.

3. What exactly is an "honorable man...with respect...one with a great heart who will not try to buy her". I know several guys who are like all that. So it seems odd that out of nearly a dozen, none met that simple hurdle.

4. She has to be constantly chaperoned. Now if a girl is a virgin, that's fine and can be respected and honored until after marriage. But before getting married to someone, I think it would be wise to invest plenty of private dating time to get to know the real her. If that is not possible (she always needs to be in presence of third party), then that's a serious barrier. We are not in the 1800s here

5. When someone is billed as 'attractive', a lot depends on the interpreter. We all have our own tastes. So it's hard to be interested in someone before seeing their images at least. Similarly, 'intelligent' is subject to interpretation. And well-educated means what (which schools and degrees)?

6. Last but far from least, he said, "We are having a single friend here as a guest in April. He is a great man with a heart of gold. We are going to make an introduction. I am thinking she will be off the market the day we make the introduction" So it sounds like he's got her lined-up with the right guy already. The post is for information purposes only. He's not offering a chance to others here on the forum.

First, you are quite correct, I am NOT offering her info. We do have an introduction planned after all! She does not NEED a chaperone, she chooses to have one. She figures that is smart when she is meeting men she does not know...and yes...a virgin.

And attractive? I would say so, but petite...5'4"...of course that is subjective, but she 100%
has eyes to die for...with fine features...rather Spanish/Penelope Cruz look I would say.
She did not plan on getting 100s of emails...I did see on day's ...holy crap...of course she can't answer them all.

So..she has concluded that a dating site is not a good route...so? She has handled it pretty well.

I would say there is a class issue here too. Really poor girls often seem easily dazzled.
Men think they can wave some money and they will fold...and often do.
Now in her case, I do not know her exact status except that she is gong to a private college and manages multiple condos that her auntie owns (but is out of the area), so that tells me she is middle class at any rate...parents have a car for example...little details that tell me a lot.

Dave's point about her being seriously interested marriage and hence of little interest
may have some cred to it.

My point was not to be her promoter, but to use her as an example of how quite desirable
girls may not find it easy to meet one they want, and that against the odds, one man that understands what in the hello is going on can swoop in and win the prize of a lifetime.
I have seen this happen repeatedly and it happened to me.

Looks? No, I am not going to post her pic, but I am probably thought of as picky
by men who have long known me, and she would be some mens' 9 and other mens' 7, but she is certainly attractive to a great many men...most I would say...

She does not want any man under 30 and could go up to 50s, the point being, that the chance of a 40 year old men sitting in the USA getting a girl like this is about ZIP,
and yet they would often pick her apart from a distance.

...and no, I did not get any mail about her. She is graduating in a few months with honors from La Salle U with a Business degree.

Outwest
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Outwest, thanks. You are a great guy and positive force on this forum.

It just baffles my mind that any woman would get 15,000 emails on one dating site catering to Filipinas. Was that by chance a western dating site with most people based in a western country including the girls? Because ever girl I've ever asked on Filipina Cupid or even Date in Asia does not get anything close to that volume of letters.

If she's on a Filippina dating site and getting 200-300 emails a day and 15,000 in total within a short period, then she must be off-the-charts stunning to most guys! And with those numbers, she could easily find any man if she employed some friends, classmates, and neighbors to help her filter. It's hard to imagine there not being some guys who meet her simple hurdles out of 15,000. I guess she's early 20s since she's still a student?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:Outwest, thanks. You are a great guy and positive force on this forum.

It just baffles my mind that any woman would get 15,000 emails on one dating site catering to Filipinas. Was that by chance a western dating site with most people based in a western country including the girls? Because ever girl I've ever asked on Filipina Cupid or even Date in Asia does not get anything close to that volume of letters.

If she's on a Filippina dating site and getting 200-300 emails a day and 15,000 in total within a short period, then she must be off-the-charts stunning to most guys! And with those numbers, she could easily find any man if she employed some friends, classmates, and neighbors to help her filter. It's hard to imagine there not being some guys who meet her simple hurdles out of 15,000. I guess she's early 20s since she's still a student?

She turns 21 in October. She says she was on Filipina Cupid and Cherry Blossoms too, both for at least a while. Really, I don't think she "planned" very well- she kind of lit the fuse and did not know what to expect. She is petite- skinny and 5'4" but decently endowed up top...
Yes, I think she has that right "school-boys dream" quality combined with big bedroom eyes.
There ARE girls like her to be found, but I would not at all say they are common.
She will not be some traveler's score, but she WILL end up with a delighted husband.
The good thing is- there ARE girls like her out there, but it takes a lot of looking.
Of course, if one is looking for more Western style dating stuff, sex by the third date or such, then her type is not the right one. You can meet girls like her here in the Philippines, but it is not anything fast to be sure.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Bump for updates... how did it go brother? Was it a love connection? :D
Out in the world living the dream!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

manly5000 wrote:Bump for updates... how did it go brother? Was it a love connection? :D

Hmmm...my wife can likely answer that question better than I can- she is staying at my house with my wife while I am stateside...I guess they are having a good time.

She spent two days around our friend and played it pretty coy while he illustrated as usual that he is an absolute gentleman.(Which DID impress her)

They are in touch by text and email...so things are progressing. He thinks she is a knockout in all ways...

Tell-tale sign: My wife says she is always eager to bring up or participate in any conversation
pertaining to our friend.

My best guess: Despite the cautious start, I would say she will be all his within 3 months.

Cautions: It seems that while her immediate family seems to be middle class, some branches of the family are apparently wealthy. Sometimes the workings within such families can be quite unpredictable. Our friend needs to meet and win over her family most likely.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
manly5000 wrote:Bump for updates... how did it go brother? Was it a love connection? :D

Hmmm...my wife can likely answer that question better than I can- she is staying at my house with my wife while I am stateside...I guess they are having a good time.

She spent two days around our friend and played it pretty coy while he illustrated as usual that he is an absolute gentleman.(Which DID impress her)

They are in touch by text and email...so things are progressing. He thinks she is a knockout in all ways...

Tell-tale sign: My wife says she is always eager to bring up or participate in any conversation

My best guess: Despite the cautious start, I would say she will be all his within 3 months.

Cautions: It seems that while her immediate family seems to be middle class, some branches of the family are apparently wealthy. Sometimes the workings within such families can be quite unpredictable. Our friend needs to meet and win over her family most likely.

Interesting story OW. I am assuming your young friend is of middle/upper middle class lineage and lives in a relatively backwater part of Mindanao (Ozamiz City, Cagayan De Oro?). Do you think her being less exposed to foreigners - not as much as, say, a girl living in Manila or Cebu - might have made her more curious about finding a Western boyfriend than sticking to the local Filipino pool?

From my observation in Davao, all families worth their salt - doctors, lawyers, business owners and politicians - wouldn't consider their daughters marrying a Westerner exactly a scandal, but most would try their best to have them paired with Filipino boys of similar if not superior status by their early 20's, at the very latest. What is, exactly, the difference in mindset between a doctor's family of Davao City and one in Ozamiz City?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Interesting story OW. I am assuming your young friend is of middle/upper middle class lineage and lives in a relatively backwater part of Mindanao (Ozamiz City, Cagayan De Oro?). Do you think her being less exposed to foreigners - not as much as, say, a girl living in Manila or Cebu - might have made her more curious about finding a Western boyfriend than sticking to the local Filipino pool?

From my observation in Davao, all families worth their salt - doctors, lawyers, business owners and politicians - wouldn't consider their daughters marrying a Westerner exactly a scandal, but most would try their best to have them paired with Filipino boys of similar if not superior status by their early 20's, at the very latest. What is, exactly, the difference in mindset between a doctor's family of Davao City and one in Ozamiz City?
Well, the plot thickens...lol. K's roots on one side of the family are in Mindanao and Luzon, but she grew up mostly in Metro- Manila. She shares an apartment with her cousin in Fort Bonifacio not far from where she goes to school. (This is "summer" break)

As far as Mindanao goes, Davao is no. 1 as far as a sense of status goes, and understandably so. Ozamiz City is clearly more "provincial" than Davao and CDO as well.
Ozamiz City is much smaller than CDO, about 1/4th as large, and of course it is tiny compared to Davao.

In this family at least, marriage to a foreigner is quite common, though some of her richer relatives do in fact chide her for being interested in foreigners. She has her reasons though.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:Well, the plot thickens...lol. K's roots on one side of the family are in Mindanao and Luzon, but she grew up mostly in Metro- Manila. She shares an apartment with her cousin in Fort Bonifacio not far from where she goes to school. (This is "summer" break)

As far as Mindanao goes, Davao is no. 1 as far as a sense of status goes, and understandably so. Ozamiz City is clearly more "provincial" than Davao and CDO as well.
Ozamiz City is much smaller than CDO, about 1/4th as large, and of course it is tiny compared to Davao.

In this family at least, marriage to a foreigner is quite common, though some of her richer relatives do in fact chide her for being interested in foreigners. She has her reasons though.

OK...so, to recap, an attractive 20-yo Filipina with a degree, middle class bordering upper middle, an apartment in Fort Bonifacio (and a lot more "in the family")...dating a friend of yours who only had to buy a ticket to Manila to meet and court her.

Perhaps I'm having a tip of envy here but your friend is quite possibly one of the luckiest bastards I've ever heard of! :)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
OutWest wrote:Well, the plot thickens...lol. K's roots on one side of the family are in Mindanao and Luzon, but she grew up mostly in Metro- Manila. She shares an apartment with her cousin in Fort Bonifacio not far from where she goes to school. (This is "summer" break)

OK...so, to recap, an attractive 20-yo Filipina with a degree, middle class bordering upper middle, an apartment in Fort Bonifacio (and a lot more "in the family")...dating a friend of yours who only had to buy a ticket to Manila to meet and court her.

Perhaps I'm having a tip of envy here but your friend is quite possibly one of the luckiest bastards I've ever heard of! :)
LOL...yes, I guess he is...its all of that except he was already in the country for other reasons, and he was an excellent comrade in the past...otherwise I can say...it's GOOD to be on my list, at least in this case.

However, your point is well taken and I will be sure to remind him! Lucky bastard!
K reminds me of a young Penelope Cruz...so my wife has banished me to the States and keeps K at our house where she can keep an eye on her...lol I do not think she will allow me back till she has successfully married her off... :lol: