Ok, who here is planning to come to the DR?

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Ok, who here is planning to come to the DR?

Post by Dark_Sol »

Just wanting to know who here is planning to come to the DR.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

I am thinking about it. Met some cute young chicas on Latin American Cupid. They are excited to see me.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Just remember, some are hookers and others just want to use you for your money on that site. This place is a pump and dump. Not to be harsh, but it is true. Finding a nice girl is like chasing the dragon.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Ok, sorry. Since living here in Sosua and living around the trash. I have become more of a pessimist. You can find good girls, but be careful. The average age range for a guy to get a girl is around 10 years apart.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Dark_Sol wrote:Just remember, some are hookers and others just want to use you for your money on that site. This place is a pump and dump. Not to be harsh, but it is true. Finding a nice girl is like chasing the dragon.

Maybe you are just encountering Caribbean reality...
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

¡Jo me vendré pa' ya! :-) Ya tu sabe que he planeado un viaje antes de que se acabó el año, paisa.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

I am seeing reality here and it is stressful, but beats the US. Still get laid and have girls talk to me. But in all honesty, Ethiopia was a better place with real honest hardworking people. Here in the DR, the Dominican men are a bunch of bums and the Haitians are the hardworkers. Then the Gringos, connyo, bunch of hypocrites and scum. Might find a good girl, but always remember that they might not be who they are.

Get here quick E Irizarry.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Dark_Sol wrote:Ok, sorry. Since living here in Sosua and living around the trash. I have become more of a pessimist. You can find good girls, but be careful. The average age range for a guy to get a girl is around 10 years apart.
Sosua? U might as well be in Boca Chica. At least you would be very near to a large city with regular people even though the beach city itself is also a bit tourist trap. If u wanna meet regular Domicanas, why don't u choose the capital or perhaps a medium sized town which looks good at least on paper and by reputation? Sosua is ground zero for foreign tourist P4P.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Rock wrote:
Dark_Sol wrote:Ok, sorry. Since living here in Sosua and living around the trash. I have become more of a pessimist. You can find good girls, but be careful. The average age range for a guy to get a girl is around 10 years apart.
Sosua? U might as well be in Boca Chica. At least you would be very near to a large city with regular people even though the beach city itself is also a bit tourist trap. If u wanna meet regular Domicanas, why don't u choose the capital or perhaps a medium sized town which looks good at least on paper and by reputation? Sosua is ground zero for foreign tourist P4P.
@Rock,

Give Dark_Sol another year and he'll pick up some Spanish for him to go out to off the beaten path. He already said "coño" (even though he spelled it as "connyo").

@Dark_Sol,

I'm working on that. ¡En serio!