Best states in the US for dating/friendship

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
hamdizzel
Freshman Poster

Best states in the US for dating/friendship

Post by hamdizzel »

although i do plan on leaving the US for good i have lived in Washington state
my whole life and yes it does have great scenery but its very boring and cultureless
can anyone here tell me any states in the US that have a good dating scene where
women are not snobby and will date a man regardless of race. there has to be some place
in the US that has it. don't really want to leave the US because of the safety net here
there is food stores everywhere provided you have money and clean water
its hard to leave a country like that to go to a well lesser developed (Philippines Belize Costa Rica) country
that is the only real reason that prevents me from leaving.
ok back to my original question i know no place is perfect but anywhere in the US
that is good for a black man seeking white women? or rather where a black man
has a better chance to score white females then Washington (which is an dateless horrible nightmare)
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Dude, I've lived in a lot of places here in the U.S.-New York, New England, Florida, Midwest-and my advice is this: you can either waste years and years searching the U.S. for just one quality woman who reciprocates your feelings, or you can go some place like the Philippines and have 5 new girlfriends in a week. You decide.
hamdizzel
Freshman Poster

Post by hamdizzel »

i can't go to the Philippines just for the women!! what about
clean water healthcare, jobs the Philippines is a third world country
how on earth can you survive. people would think im nuts for
leaving the US
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

hamdizzel wrote:i can't go to the Philippines just for the women!! what about
leaving the US
This site is called Happier Abroad, remember? The Philippines has dirty places and it has clean 1st world-type places. You can live here just like you would in the US, except you would have 5 gf's.

There are 250,000 US citizens living here. Most never want to leave.

If you worry about people thinking that you are nuts for leaving the US, are you sure you want to browse this site?
A site titled something like http://www.HappierintheUS.com should be more apprpriate, don't you think?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

leaving the US
* There are many countries in the world, you don't have to restrict yourself to US or PH.

* You don't have to move abroad long-term to date girls overseas. Many English teachers and exchange students only go abroad for 1 semster to 1-2 years.

* If you want to live in a place where there are no visible slums, you can come to South Orange County here in California, or go to Singapore. Is that your priority? What are your priorities?

* Being black, you'd face some discrimination. But consider, if only a small % of the female population in a given country would date black, but there are almost no black people there, then the ratio actually works to your advancage.

* In East Asia, discrimination against blacks is mostly out of pure ignorance than anything else. Simply because there aren't that many blacks and people have no prior experience dealing with black people. Thus, if you do go there, you should be on your best behavior so you'd leave a good impression on the locals. i.e. if you get into a bar fight, then everyone will assume that all black people are violent.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

leaving the US
I disagree. I know all about the disadvantages of living in the Philippines, but the women make it all worthwhile. Where else on earth could a 41-year-old nerd like me have 21-year-old models throwing themselves at him?

As for the people who'd think you're nuts-screw them.
hamdizzel
Freshman Poster

Post by hamdizzel »

I would be foolish to leave the US without knowing what im getting myself into
but the good way would be to keep my US citizenship that way if things turn sour
i can always come back here. i have another issue i just find it kind of hard to leaving my family
that i have lived with for 18 years i know there comes a time where you have to leave but im just having
a hard time i know its natural but im trying to accept that im a man and i can't depend on my parents
anymore. anyway what you people suggest that i get a job here to live in the Philippines or get
work in the Philippines i know for foreigners its hard to get a job there any ideas on overseas jobs?
thanks
hamdizzel
Freshman Poster

Post by hamdizzel »

my question is how can you make a living in the Philippines or other countries
by that i mean i a steady paycheck that covers your food and housing
this is all i really need to know and im hopping on that plane
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

A lot of members here have recommended getting a job teaching English. Here's another idea: get a job at a North American branch of a European corporation, like I did. Then you'll get a lot more vacation time than you would at an American company, and you can visit the Philippines a couple of times per year, while keeping your home in the U.S. I just started my job and I get 5 weeks of vacation time per year already, and when I get more seniority that amount will go up to 6 weeks.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

hamdizzel,
It sounds like you're living in fear. The Philippines may be inferior in some things, but there are modern conveniences. You may not be able to drink the tap water, but you can shower in it. And there are many water stations that serve you filtered water for really cheap. Healthcare is cheaper here too. It's livable and doable. You are worrying too much and think that outside the US everything is chaos. It's not really true.

Remember, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

hamdizzel wrote:my question is how can you make a living in the Philippines or other countries
by that i mean i a steady paycheck that covers your food and housing
this is all i really need to know and im hopping on that plane
Check Dave's ESL Cafe for jobs overseas.

You can also check the requirements for those jobs, and go to school to get those certifications.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

BTW, as far as I know, Texas is probably the friendliest place for meeting girls in the US.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Vinstonas wrote:BTW, as far as I know, Texas is probably the friendliest place for meeting girls in the US.
I have heard that too but I think the girls in the big cities of Dallas and Houston are pretty unfriendly and anti-social (like most women from big cities are). You probably need to stick to small towns and smaller cities in order to meet friendly women.
JamesSa
Freshman Poster

Post by JamesSa »

Here in NYC, women have a strong barrier because they are hit on constantly every day. Simply being an alpha male is not good enough. You can have a nice car, money, good looks, etc., and still struggle to get women. In fact, I read that more than 60% of NY women are single or some silly statistic in the NY Post.

That's why I was scared of losing my wife. I occasionally can get lucky and have a one-night stand. But I'd rather have options, which I don't have here, and not depend on luck!

As for friendships, you stand a better chance. I've been taking salsa lessons and have met some great people. The meetup website has been helpful.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

jamesbond wrote:
Vinstonas wrote:BTW, as far as I know, Texas is probably the friendliest place for meeting girls in the US.
I have heard that too but I think the girls in the big cities of Dallas and Houston are pretty unfriendly and anti-social (like most women from big cities are). You probably need to stick to small towns and smaller cities in order to meet friendly women.
Grew up around Dallas, living in Houston now. The problem with Dallas is the whole $30k millionaire phenomenon. Just went to visit the family and saw a friend of mine I had filed some papers for at the courthouse in Houston. He's a lawyer too and his American wife makes big bank in the Forex business. He's constantly rolling his eyes about the comments he receives about his lowly Chrysler 300 and his wife told me about her co-worker who drives a $70k car but lives in an apartment with two roommates. Ehh, what would you expect from the city of Neiman Marcus? In Houston the people are a little more easy going and the women more aggressive (or so I've been told). Like most places in Texas I see hotties all around but it seems like none of them ever visit the online dating sites. :? If I didn't have a GF now I'd probably just try to hook up with one of the girls from the growing Brazilian population here or the other South American nationalities. :wink:

As for small towns an overly simplistic view from my perspective is the girls are sweet and polite, but either are puritan religious types or just the opposite. (Think small town, shortage of girls to invite to prom, time to scope out the 8th graders)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein