We were dead once...

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

We were dead once...

Post by Boner_Jones »

Try to remember way way back, back to the time of your childhood...

then even further back to your earliest memory as an infant...

...and even further back than than that.

maybe you can't, but try to imagine that you COULD remember further back... from before you were born.

Of course we did not exist, at least in the bodies we presently inhabit...

but let's say for the sake of argument that our bodies are the end all be all of who we are...

...then by that logic we did not exist. In other words, we were literally as good as DEAD.

We had to wait BILLIONS and BILLIONS and BILLIONS of years... before we could exist.

that's a long time. Try to imagine waiting RIGHT NOW for something YOU REALLY WANT...

...but YOU HAD TO WAIT BILLIONS and BILLIONS of years to pass by before you could have it...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: We were dead once...

Post by ladislav »

Well, from the point of view of Eastern religions, yes we were dead, but some years before that we had been alive and old and died and had been born again. And so it goes. And in those past lives we, on numerous occasions had things that we wanted.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

hmm.. so I could have been Napoleon in a past life.

But then how would i have known I was him... if I have NO MEMORY of being that person?

It's like I was never him in the first place.

~ Boner Jones
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Boner_Jones wrote:hmm.. so I could have been Napoleon in a past life.

But then how would i have known I was him... if I have NO MEMORY of being that person?

It's like I was never him in the first place.

~ Boner Jones
There are hypnotic regression techniques that allow people to peer deep into thier past lives.

Most were not Napoleons, they were mostly peasants and fishermen. Nothing glamorous or dramatic.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hmmm that's an interesting thought.

If you want to count not existing as being dead, I suppose we were dead an eternity before being born, not just billions of years. Come to think of it, can you imagine a universe with no beginning? What was before the Big Bang? Hard to imagine never having a beginning in time huh? lol What if you went back in time and set the time machine to go back into the past at a trillion years a second and there was no beginning? Kind of scary huh? And hard to imagine.

Perhaps time is an illusion.

As to past lives, here is a convincing account of a family who discovered that their son had a past life:

This news report of a boy's memory as a WWII pilot is very convincing and amazing. He got so many highly specific details right that checked out. His dad who was a skeptic was even converted after he checked out all the facts.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWwzFwUOxA

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5965wcH2Kx0
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

as there is no end, there was no beginning... so we all waited an eternity to come into existence.

or did we?

for if there were no beginning...

then we had forever been non-existent.

And then there's no such thing as "waiting" to come into existence...

because there was no starting point from which you could wait to come into existence...

as you had been non-existent forever...
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

What would be the point of having multiple lives if we had no memory of what we were before?

So the life we live now will be forgotten, as if it never happened?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Boner_Jones wrote:What would be the point of having multiple lives if we had no memory of what we were before?

So the life we live now will be forgotten, as if it never happened?
W: I often ask that question too. I heard it was so we could begin fresh and start anew. I was told to read a book called "The Disappearance of the Universe" that would answer such questions.

Why are you thinking about these things?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another related question is, what was before the Big Bang? And where did the stuff that the Big Bang was made of, come from?

Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

If you go back BILLIONS and BILLIONS and BILLIONS of years back... you did not exist.

You can go back TRILLIONS of years...QUADRILLIONS...

QUINTILLIONS...

...and you still didn't exist.

No matter how far back you go in time, you will not reach a starting point.

We all have had the experience of being dead forever...and we didn't even know it.

So why are we still afraid of eternal death? We were already dead for all eternity...

...until now
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Boner Jones,
You might like this video. It shows you from quantum physics why reality is an illusion, and why there is no deaf, life is a dream, and we are imagining ourselves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZj9Qps8H6M