Grab a man or miss out, Church warns girls

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Grab a man or miss out, Church warns girls

Post by Banano »

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/gr ... 6348223822

WOMEN (who like men) should marry earlier and not be too picky to avoid an Aussie man drought, the Catholic Church has warned.

Australia is experiencing a huge decline in the number of available men, with the church telling women they should also forget about living with their partners before tying the knot, the Herald Sun reports.

Statistics have revealed that there are dramatically fewer eligible blokes than single women aged 25 to 34.

The dire outlook has been backed by Federal Liberal MP Kevin Andrews, who is researching changes in marriage and families in Australia and has suggested the swing towards de facto partnerships wasn't helping.

A church official told the Herald Sun newspaper there has been a massive decline in the number of available men, with statistics claiming there are just 86,000 Mr Rights for 1.3 million women aged between 25 and 34.

Demographer Bernard Salt has calculated that of the 1.343 million men in the same age bracket, only 86,000 single, heterosexual, well-off, young men were available after excluding those who were already married (485,000), in a de facto relationship (185,000), gay (7000), a single parent (12,000) or earning less than $60,000 a year.

Reverend Father Tony Kerin, episcopal vicar for justice and social service in the Archdiocese of Melbourne, told the paper that women wanted the best of both worlds.

"I think many are setting aside their aspirations for later, but by the time they get around to it, they've missed their chance," Fr Kerin said.

"In trying to have it all, they end up missing out."
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

What an article

Comments:

'Messed up demographic - What's the say those 1.3m women all deserve the 'Perfect man' ?? maybe the article should also turn the tables and look at how many miss's rights are out there ?"

'Counts all women (between certain ages) but counts only eligible men. If you counted all men but included only single women that were supermodels, you could get the opposite headline.'
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Nice to see a Church official - or ANY official - talking about real problems rather than the standard PC talking points. In this case he is actually trying to help young women, by telling them to marry young rather than spend years slutting around. In contrast to many other officials who talk about programs and shelters for crazy women, single moms, abused woman, etc.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Jester wrote:Nice to see a Church official - or ANY official - talking about real problems rather than the standard PC talking points. In this case he is actually trying to help young women, by telling them to marry young rather than spend years slutting around. In contrast to many other officials who talk about programs and shelters for crazy women, single moms, abused woman, etc.

He is encouraging young women to aim for top tier guys, guys who make more than 60K, that excludes large number of guys in their 20s and 30s.

What about women? Exclude over women 27,fatties, sluts and those who make less than 60Ks and you gonna get 20 000 eligible ones
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Interesting article. However, it fails to mention men are most interested in getting married when their 20 years old, less interested at 30 years, even less interested at 40 yrs old and by the time most guys are 50 yrs old they don't even want to look at white woman ever again.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Grab a man or miss out, Church warns girls

Post by Teal Lantern »

Interesting qualifiers on his list.
A male qualifier is to be well-off, and dis-qualifiers include being a single parent a/o earning less than $60,000 a year.
Fine. Where are the equivalent requirements on the part of the women?
[T]here are dramatically fewer eligible blokes than single women aged 25 to 34

Oh, there it is: Be single, have lady parts, & show up.
Mr. Right should "man up" and accept any low earning, thug-spawn in tow, train ran, snatch like a wizard's sleeve, pair of tits thrown at him.

[T]here are just 86,000 Mr Rights for 1.3 million women

Aren't some of those women married to the 485,000 married men?
Or is he implying the married ones should get a shot at Mr. Right, too? Forgiveness, and all that. :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

There are noticeably more single 30+ women in churches than there are 30-something men. Plus as Taco mentioned, 30-year-old men are a lot less interested in marriage/LTR than men in their young 20s. I've seen some single Christian men get sick of churchianity and just drop out of the church and church singles scene. Usually happens around late 20s/early30s. All of that hope, faith and optimism was painfully crushed over the course of our 20s.
ohlookitsadam
Freshman Poster

Post by ohlookitsadam »

Interesting times ahead. And yes, I too agree people from both sexes are too picky..
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

ohlookitsadam wrote:Interesting times ahead. And yes, I too agree people from both sexes are too picky..
Too picky? Interesting.

Men have a more realistic understanding of what types of women they physically attract.

Women however use shaming tactics to make men believe things normally unattractive objectionable. IE you can't diss a girl for being overweight or for being a single parent.

Fat women post profiles on the internet saying that if you as a man can't handle "all this" then the problem is with YOU and not the fact I am setting records on the scale.

Then of course the media goes through their irresponsible act of finding a couple of idiots that encourage their wives/gf to overeat or like over the hill women or name any other push back that's happen since the 1970's.
ohlookitsadam
Freshman Poster

Post by ohlookitsadam »

Touche! Women are complicated creatures.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

djfourmoney wrote:Women however use shaming tactics to make men believe things normally unattractive objectionable. IE you can't diss a girl for being overweight or for being a single parent.

Fat women post profiles on the internet saying that if you as a man can't handle "all this" then the problem is with YOU and not the fact I am setting records on the scale.
I have seen online profiles of overweight women actually say, "If you can't handle a big beautiful woman, than that's your problem."

I saw one woman's profile say, "I am large and in charge and if you can't handle that, then your not a real man." WTF?
:shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."