Why would going abroad help?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Selassao
Freshman Poster

Post by Selassao »

I'm confused by the bolded. Have you actually SEEN Eastern European women up close?

I'm guessing you haven't dated/been close friends with white American girls that are considered hot. When they take off their makeup, they look like shit, for the most part. Of course, there are exceptions, but these exceptions are few and far between.

Look man, I'm close to your age (26) and I've done as well as can be hoped for in the US. I did PUA for a long time and hooked up with a wide range of girls. Ever since I've been traveling overseas and talking to girls from those countries, my eyes have been opened.

I used to go clubbing many nights a week (and I used to have a good amount of success with women on those nights, more than most guys I know). Now, I just sit home, talk to girls from other countries, focus on my work, and save up for the day when I could actually move overseas. Yes, it's THAT much of a difference.

It should be said though that I've always planned on moving overseas, as I like to travel. I just never really knew exactly where until now.

I haven't interacted with many Eastern European women in person, but I have in webcam chat sites. I have also seen pictures of the examples that most people give when they speak of attractive Eastern European women. They don't look ugly and I see how others would find them attractive, but I personally don't. They just aren't my type.

Yes I agree that many "hot" white American women look terrible without makeup, but from what I see, white women in general just don't age well. The ones that I find attractive are almost always 18-23 year old college girls. However, there is a huge abundance of black, hispanic, and asian women in the U.S., whereas in Eastern Europe, white is pretty much your only option.

I am wondering. Do you spend most of your time online talking to girls overseas because you really find that the wide range of girls here don't do it for you? Or are you finding yourself having less success than you did in the past? Do you just find there is a certain region where the girls have the looks you prefer or is it just that they don't have the attitudes that girls here have?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why would going abroad help?

Post by momopi »

Selassao wrote:I came across this site through an article on here bashing PUAs and saying how their techniques will not work if a woman is not already attracted to you, but suggesting that traveling abroad is the real solution.
I am just wondering, why exactly would traveling abroad be the solution then? If women in the U.S. aren't attracted to you, then why would women abroad be? Is it just that they have "family values" and are looking for a "good husband" as opposed to a guy they are attracted to? Because if that's the case, it's not a solution for men who want to make women ATTRACTED to them. For me it's not about settling down with a nice girl, I actually want women to feel turned on by me and not just settle for me because they aren't picky.
There is no guarantee that women abroad in certain countries will be attracted to you, nor will you know until you actually go there. If you're looking for someone to convince you otherwise, YOU, have a problem.
Selassao
Freshman Poster

Post by Selassao »

There is no guarantee that women abroad in certain countries will be attracted to you, nor will you know until you actually go there. If you're looking for someone to convince you otherwise, YOU, have a problem.
I'm not. I'm simply trying to understand why going abroad would be a better option than using PUA skills to seduce women and make them attracted to you.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Selassao wrote: I'm not. I'm simply trying to understand why going abroad would be a better option than using PUA skills to seduce women and make them attracted to you.
If you only traveled by GPS, you'd miss all the wonders of the world that exists "off the beaten path".
Selassao
Freshman Poster

Post by Selassao »

If I was told, for example, "girls in Latin America aren't as choosy and will be more likely to be sexually attracted to an average looking man" then I would really consider the whole going abroad thing. Because that's what I'm looking for, girls who will be ATTRACTED to me. The PUA techniques are supposed to get women to feel attracted to you, and the internet is full of guys on message boards saying how they worked for them and changed their lives. But so far, I haven't seen anybody say anything about girls in other countries being anymore likely to be attracted to you.

Also, when you say "going abroad" you should really specify. It seems to only be a handful of countries where the things being talked about here apply. I would actually guess that in most countries in the world, guys would have even less success with women than they do here in the U.S., considering that in much of the world, it is customary to only date within your own culture/ethnicity/faith.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Selassao wrote: Also, when you say "going abroad" you should really specify. It seems to only be a handful of countries where the things being talked about here apply. I would actually guess that in most countries in the world, guys would have even less success with women than they do here in the U.S., considering that in much of the world, it is customary to only date within your own culture/ethnicity/faith.
You're right going abroad sucks stay where you are and enjoy the nightlife and social scene in the U.S.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Selassao wrote:
I'm confused by the bolded. Have you actually SEEN Eastern European women up close?

I'm guessing you haven't dated/been close friends with white American girls that are considered hot. When they take off their makeup, they look like shit, for the most part. Of course, there are exceptions, but these exceptions are few and far between.

Look man, I'm close to your age (26) and I've done as well as can be hoped for in the US. I did PUA for a long time and hooked up with a wide range of girls. Ever since I've been traveling overseas and talking to girls from those countries, my eyes have been opened.

I used to go clubbing many nights a week (and I used to have a good amount of success with women on those nights, more than most guys I know). Now, I just sit home, talk to girls from other countries, focus on my work, and save up for the day when I could actually move overseas. Yes, it's THAT much of a difference.

It should be said though that I've always planned on moving overseas, as I like to travel. I just never really knew exactly where until now.

I haven't interacted with many Eastern European women in person, but I have in webcam chat sites. I have also seen pictures of the examples that most people give when they speak of attractive Eastern European women. They don't look ugly and I see how others would find them attractive, but I personally don't. They just aren't my type.

Yes I agree that many "hot" white American women look terrible without makeup, but from what I see, white women in general just don't age well. The ones that I find attractive are almost always 18-23 year old college girls. However, there is a huge abundance of black, hispanic, and asian women in the U.S., whereas in Eastern Europe, white is pretty much your only option.

I am wondering. 1) Do you spend most of your time online talking to girls overseas because you really find that the wide range of girls here don't do it for you? 2) Or are you finding yourself having less success than you did in the past? 3) Do you just find there is a certain region where the girls have the looks you prefer or is it just that they don't have the attitudes that girls here have?
1) It's not so much about the looks, more about the personalities. Most girls that I've met and dated in the west have been carbon copies of each other personality-wise. Even if they seem different at first, they end up being the same. I'm not sure if I'm just picking the wrong girls or if they're all like this (or AWALT, as they say in the MGTOW circle). I've met a decent amount of guys from random places that agree with me though.

2) In all honesty, yes, I'm having less success than I had in the past. I played sports in high school and was popular and involved in many clubs/activities in college. So I did very well in both places. I did meet some decent girls there, but I didn't appreciate them at the time. Now, I'm a military officer and I'm very limited in my options (I can't hook up with enlisted girls my age or I'll be at risk of going to jail.....and I live in a shithole town in between 2 college towns that are known more for partying than intellectual pursuits).

Also, after college, I realized that girls don't really care for short guys (I'm short). I honestly had no idea that this was the case in the past.

My interactions with women outside of work these days consist of f***ing older women at bars or younger college girls, after getting them through the numbers games.

3) One thing I've realized from traveling (on 2 week vacations, unfortunately, since I can't go anywhere for longer than that) it's that the girls are overall WAY more attractive in other countries. Skinnier, prettier, with better features. I like darker skinned women and always preferred them anyway. I prefer filipinas personally, after having dated some in the US. Our personalities mesh together well and I love their features. Also, I'd like to live in a country with a shorter average height.

But most of all, it's the marriage laws that hit me hard here. I want to get married and have kids, but I am deathly afraid of losing everything I have by investing in a bad woman that only shows her true colors after the marriage. I've seen this happen too many times in real life and have heard of it happening many times on the internet. Paranoid? Maybe, but with a proven 50% divorce rate (with 70-80% initiated by the woman), I don't want to take that chance.
Selassao
Freshman Poster

Post by Selassao »

Also, after college, I realized that girls don't really care for short guys (I'm short). I honestly had no idea that this was the case in the past.
Just curious, if your looks never gave you trouble in college, why would they be giving you trouble after? Do girls get more picky after college? I always thought it was the other way around.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Selassao wrote:
Just curious, if your looks never gave you trouble in college, why would they be giving you trouble after? Do girls get more picky after college? I always thought it was the other way around.
I didn't really say that my looks are giving me trouble. I definitely think it's a small part of it though.

It's also social status. Mine was high before.

But I think most of it, tbh, is my attitude and demeanor. I work a stressful job with long hours. I'm not as fun as I used to be. Also, after interacting with foreign women, while they aren't perfect, they are much more pleasant to be around than AW, imo.

I did PUA for a long time, man (I think that's part of the reason why I could go out very rarely alone and still pick up if I put in the effort), but, after a while, I started realizing that I was hanging out with the same woman over and over again. Overall, I'm tired of just hooking up. I want something meaningful with someone that I feel will be loyal, even when the chips are down.

I don't believe that most AW are capable of that, based on my experiences with them.