Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Post by Winston »

I have a question.

Should I get US citizenship for my son? On the one hand, he would have a US passport and be able to leave the Philippines to have a better life elsewhere. Then, I heard, he could petition his mom to get a green card to the USA. I heard that the mother of a US citizen will have an easier time getting a green card. Is that true?

If so, it may be a way for me to get Dianne to America without having to marry her. She really wants to go there because she doesn't like the quality of life in the Philippines. Plus she likes the beautiful nature that the US has in the Southwest from all the pictures I showed her.

There, my son could go to a normal school in the US rather than to a shitty public school in the Philippines or an expensive private school. However, since I don't believe in education or schools (I had a bad experience there) this isn't that big of an issue to me. Plus we all know that education is really about indoctrination and training kids to be obedient slaves who memorize and repeat in order to conform, in effect turning them into robots and drones.

What are the laws pertaining to getting a green card? What are the rules and requirements? If my son became a US citizen, how would he petition a green card for his mom exactly?

The problem with all this is:

1) If my son becomes a US citizen, the US government could get on my back. If Dianne complained to the US government about child support, who knows what could happen. The US government could demand that I pay thousands in child support. The US government is infamous in making dads overpay in child support. They are very vicious and inconsiderate toward dads I hear. They are dickheads in that way, and should have no right to interfere in the private lives of other people. As a libertarian, I find that morally repulsive and criminal and would fight it and refuse to comply.

I know a guy named Michael Roberts who is paying thousands in child support to his wife, even though she's in jail and doesn't have custody of the kids. Is that insane and unbelievable or what? I don't see any logic or rationale behind that. I certainly do not want an insane government messing with my personal life and infringing upon my freedom.

Dianne is not the type of person that would take advantage of others. It's not in her nature at all. But I don't like leaving that kind of possibility open. As in chess, it's smart to block vulnerabilities.

2) Since my plan is to go to China and find a girlfriend or possible wife, because I am more attracted to Chinese women, then bringing my son and Dianne to the states obviously would be the wrong step, if I don't plan to form a stable family with them.

One cannot have it all I guess. I guess raising a family and being a stable dad (like you're supposed to be) does bring some joys in life. But it's not without costs and tradeoffs of course. For every path you take, the opportunity cost would be the path you didn't take.

What do you all think? Rock is encouraging me to get US citizenship for my son, but what about the issues above?
Last edited by Winston on September 3rd, 2013, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

I think you should wait a few more years until he gets older.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:I think you should wait a few more years until he gets older.
Why? What difference will it make?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

From my limited purview of the legal system, I believe she could come back on you as a US citizen, even if it occurred in another country. I believe under the Hague convention, almost every country that is a signatory to the Hague convention would force you to pay child support. Plus, from what I have read, if a woman becomes a US citizen and you are a US citizen you are kinda screwed, even if you had an agreement. Perhaps he could get in on a student visa, or perhaps they could get it on some other type of visa.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
Let's see you're a dual citizen, and you make her a citizen and she then finds out she can get $400-500 (which she will) more each month out of you by applying for child support.

1) If you don't pay it, it just adds up each month like a bar tab.
2) They can deny you a USA passport for having being behind with child support.
3) You could face jail time if you got too far behind on payments.

Would life in the USA really be all that better for Angelo oh wise one who ran away from the USA?

My advice, wait until he's 13, then get him citizenship. It will then take her 5 years to get citizenship (through naturalization) by that time he's 18 years old and she can't file for anything!

Problem solved!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Why are you guys talking about citizenship for Angelo? The guys at MGTOW would have a cow if they were to see this thread.

Wait until he's 18 or mid 20's so Diane cannot clean you or better yet as zacb said, just get him a student visa when he becomes 18, but you don't listen to me Winnie unless I insult you.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Your son can't petition someone to come to the states until he is of legal age which would be 18 then he would have to have lived so many years within the United States before he could even begin the process. Then depending on the current laws at that time she would most likely have to wait probably months/years unless they change the laws to make the process faster by then.

So if she actually made it to the states in the future she would already be in her late 30's or 40's I presume. Plus your son would already be an adult and she wouldn't be a citizen for another so many years after obtaining the green card. So it's pretty much impossible for her to go after you for any back child support since he was already being supported by you and raised to adulthood. Case Closed.

Getting citizenship sooner rather than later would be best cause you never know if you might have to have him leave the Philippines for some emergency or something. Also currently if you are not married to the mother the US embassy makes you take a DNA test to prove your the father. Now in the future they could make this process easier or harder, the government tends to change laws every so often. If your kid didn't want US citizenship for some reason he could renounce it before his 18th birthday or after if he wished. Having just a Philippine passport sucks and would severely limit his options for a decent life in the future as we all know the Philippines has pretty much got it's head up it's own ass and it ain't coming out for many generations to come.

Anyway, the only way Diane would ever be able to go to the states at the present moment would be with a fiance visa and you don't have any plans to marry her and you're not going to take care of your son in the states on your own. I guess you could try to convince one of your relatives to take care of him and allow him to go to an American school if you want him to grow up Americanized.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
Let's see you're a dual citizen, and you make her a citizen and she then finds out she can get $400-500 (which she will) more each month out of you by applying for child support.

Would life in the USA really be all that better for Angelo oh wise one who ran away from the USA?

My advice, wait until he's 13, then get him citizenship. It will then take her 5 years to get citizenship (through naturalization) by that time he's 18 years old and she can't file for anything!

Problem solved!
That's good advice.
As well can you get him citizenship & keep that information to yourself ?? & you keep his ID & Passport with you. No one has to know right ...
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Renata wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:

Problem solved!
That's good advice.
As well can you get him citizenship & keep that information to yourself ?? & you keep his ID & Passport with you. No one has to know right ...
Renata sorry but I wouldn't trust a 5 year old to keep information from mommy. I don't think that's a good idea at all. What's wrong with waiting a few more years again?

It buys Winston a few more years time to do what he wants (i.e. Go to China) before he grows up :lol:
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

E_Irizarry wrote:Why are you guys talking about citizenship for Angelo? The guys at MGTOW would have a cow if they were to see this thread.

Wait until he's 18 or mid 20's so Diane cannot clean you or better yet as zacb said, just get him a student visa when he becomes 18, but you don't listen to me Winnie unless I insult you.
If I had a son like Winston, he would be reading the MTGOW forums every night before bed. I know they don't have divorce laws in the Phil's but still he should be reading them as soon as he has learned to read.

Winston, what does Diane really want. I smell you stepping into another trap like you did in Russia many a time...
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:Why are you guys talking about citizenship for Angelo? The guys at MGTOW would have a cow if they were to see this thread.

If I had a son like Winston, he would be reading the MTGOW forums every night before bed. I know they don't have divorce laws in the Phil's but still he should be reading them as soon as he has learned to read.

Winston, what does Diane really want. I smell you stepping into another trap like you did in Russia many a time...
Nice...and you have Italian blood in you too, EuroBrat. You would bring the patriarchy right back to your genealogy tree! I agree with anti-feminist no non-sense people such as yourself most of the time.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Mr S wrote:Your son can't petition someone to come to the states until he is of legal age which would be 18 then he would have to have lived so many years within the United States before he could even begin the process. Then depending on the current laws at that time she would most likely have to wait probably months/years unless they change the laws to make the process faster by then.

So if she actually made it to the states in the future she would already be in her late 30's or 40's I presume. Plus your son would already be an adult and she wouldn't be a citizen for another so many years after obtaining the green card. So it's pretty much impossible for her to go after you for any back child support since he was already being supported by you and raised to adulthood. Case Closed.

Getting citizenship sooner rather than later would be best cause you never know if you might have to have him leave the Philippines for some emergency or something. Also currently if you are not married to the mother the US embassy makes you take a DNA test to prove your the father. Now in the future they could make this process easier or harder, the government tends to change laws every so often. If your kid didn't want US citizenship for some reason he could renounce it before his 18th birthday or after if he wished. Having just a Philippine passport sucks and would severely limit his options for a decent life in the future as we all know the Philippines has pretty much got it's head up it's own a** and it ain't coming out for many generations to come.

Anyway, the only way Diane would ever be able to go to the states at the present moment would be with a fiance visa and you don't have any plans to marry her and you're not going to take care of your son in the states on your own. I guess you could try to convince one of your relatives to take care of him and allow him to go to an American school if you want him to grow up Americanized.
This is the only posting that is consistent with the law. Yes, as I read it, you can sponsor your child even though you are unmarried. But to sponsor you must demonstrate an income of 125% above the US poverty line. Don't know if that is an issue for you.

And as Mr. S says, in order to bring Diane to the US you would have to either go the fiancé Visa route (and marry within 90 days of her arrival) or marry her in PI and do a form 130 spousal Visa.

As to whether it's the best thing to do, that's a whole other question. I hear people complain about PI public schools but US public schools do not have a great rep either and a high percentage of kids graduate high school functionally illiterate.

But it seems to be all a moot point if you are not interested in raising him.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Please Winston do not bring him to the USA to dump him on the system. There's enough of that here already. And then what's next Diane collecting food stamps, welfare, Obama phone's?

Honestly the Philippines doesn't look that bad for right now for your son. Public schools here are rough, tons of bullying. I think it's better for him to come here as a young adult.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

eurobrat wrote:Please Winston do not bring him to the USA to dump him on the system. There's enough of that here already. And then what's next Diane collecting food stamps, welfare, Obama phone's?

Honestly the Philippines doesn't look that bad for right now for your son. Public schools here are rough, tons of bullying. I think it's better for him to come here as a young adult.
That's my point - you can't do that. If you sponsor anyone for a Visa and they use social services - the US government goes after you!
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son and Dianne

Post by Devil Dog »

Winston wrote: There, my son could go to a normal school in the US rather than to a shitty public school in the Philippines or an expensive private school. However, since I don't believe in education or schools (I had a bad experience there) this isn't that big of an issue to me. Plus we all know that education is really about indoctrination and training kids to be obedient slaves who memorize and repeat in order to conform, in effect turning them into robots and drones.

Here is a simple question. Do you want your son to have the opportunities available in the US or those available in PI?