Enslaved by Freedom?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Enslaved by Freedom?

Post by Eric »

You are free. But is this idea true? Is it even being used to actually "control" people by somehow making them feel they are free, and when they think they're free - people are like putty. Have you ever noticed how the media & politics/education industry shapes every thought we have about ourselves - they put ideas and narratives there; without us even realizing it, they control ideas and present the framework for language, how we should think and what's the "correct way to see everything" and everything else is deemed wrong. ahem. How. is this freedom?. Most of AMericans thoughts and ideas about things are shaped by other forces - and not their own. Has anyone actually thought about this??? A loving father does not abuse his son.
Have you ever noticed that those who question the idea of freedom; who are otherwise good decent people, are harshly dealt with or criticized? ...and called a bunch of names.
why would they want to be doing that? Why do these people have such a vested interest in you being "free"? Do you really think they care about you so much? Look at how cops treat you. Look at how our government treats us letting our borders open - against will of American public! Look at how callously treated we are by our politicians in office - how they speak out one side of their mouth, but on the other you know they don't care about you. This is a reflection of reality how they really think of you. Freedom is an anaesthetic. Intoxicated by freedom, you will let your borders down because everything is alright. Everyon'es free, it's disarming.
How about the constant media criticism - this force that comes down, seems to come down from everywhere making sure you're in line - being free and 'liberated' ...all the time. Anyone who steps out is 'targeted' with hate propaganda by the media, and institutions, all the propaganda come down through what seems like everywhere! People are afraid to be seen as backward, withholding, not modern... or not good.
They use this to beat you over the head with to manipulate your emotions. Have you ever felt manipulated inside - but couldn't understand why because - you felt "free" already?
We are being manipulated with this. It's very sinister, isn't it.

We have the biggest & most intrusive police force in any "free" country
We have more stupid laws than any other nation - yet we're free.
We have the biggest incarceration rate on the planet
America has more mental problems and mental health issues than any other country - by a Large margin
Huge drug problems more than any country

I can't help but think that thinking some of these things is true. ..
It's a really scary thought, but I can't help it. I don't want to think about this. It's just on my mind. I wish I could enjoy Freedom as much as everybody else. I really don't want to get dark, or be negative or depressing, but I just can't help but see it.
I don't want to believe any/ of this is true, but I don't want to continue on marching to my death.

If any of you are having doubts just ask yourself one simple question.
Have you ever felt "enslaved by" this idea freedom, that you couldn't get away from it and just, Live life?

They took away marriage from us - without our consent
they changed our country - without our consent
They liberated us from traditional gender roles - without our consent
They are controlling us completely...
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Re: Enslaved by Freedom?

Post by Eric »

Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Re: Enslaved by Freedom?

Post by gnosis »

The irony of being enslaved by freedom...