Reasons To Go Abroad

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Re: Reasons To Go Abroad

Post by Slick »

jamesbond wrote: They say the unemployment rate is only 5%, that is a bunch of bull. If the unemployment rate was only 5% it wouldn't be so hard to find a job. Companies are getting hundreds of people applying for jobs as soon as the job is posted online.
When companies in the U.S. hire, discrimination runs rampant. They discriminate if you're too old, never had a job or unemployed, switch jobs too much (job hopping), lack experience, etc. I'm surprised anyone is able to find a job.

There's the U.S. military as an other option. They have bases in Europe and Asia. On your off duty, you can visit other countries when you're off duty. But there's a high chance you'll be stationed in the middle of nowhere or sent to Iraq. But trying to get in the U.S. military is very difficult. It's almost like trying to get into Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford or any of the Ivy League colleges. My stepfather still has his ASVAB study guide from the mid-1980s. If I took the ASVAB test back then, I would have scored high enough to fly an F-14. Now, I can't score high enough to get in.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Slick wrote:
jamesbond wrote: They say the unemployment rate is only 5%, that is a bunch of bull. If the unemployment rate was only 5% it wouldn't be so hard to find a job. Companies are getting hundreds of people applying for jobs as soon as the job is posted online.
When companies in the U.S. hire, discrimination runs rampant. They discriminate if you're too old, never had a job or unemployed, switch jobs too much (job hopping), lack experience, etc. I'm surprised anyone is able to find a job.

There's the U.S. military as an other option. They have bases in Europe and Asia. On your off duty, you can visit other countries when you're off duty. But there's a high chance you'll be stationed in the middle of nowhere or sent to Iraq. But trying to get in the U.S. military is very difficult. It's almost like trying to get into Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford or any of the Ivy League colleges. My stepfather still has his ASVAB study guide from the mid-1980s. If I took the ASVAB test back then, I would have scored high enough to fly an F-14. Now, I can't score high enough to get in.
I know you guys speak the truth.

The people who have yammered about 5 per cent unemployment rate etc need to be on their knees praying for Trump.
Or else.

He is their savior, their best bet.
Or else.

It;s hard to say more on a public forum.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
NickZ
Freshman Poster

Post by NickZ »

I think the first reason is, of course, to see the country to get to know a new culture, new mindset. It is always interesting!
The second reason is love affairs! I am keen on intercultural relationships! So, for example, I have had a crush on a Ukrainian girl. She is from Kiev. We met on a dating platform heandshetoday.com (in case you wanna know). You may register and have a free call already. Seriously, they have done a cool thing. So I'm planning to come to the country to see her.