Going to Asia in a group

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Going to Asia in a group

Post by tomasz »

Forgive me if this was discussed before but here is a crazy idea I have.

For those who are new to "moving or traveling overseas to meet Asian women" or those who have done it already. Because we westerners don't know the culture there including the risks and dangerous. Would it make sense to organize, perhaps a few times a year, like a group trip where a bunch of guys go to a specific country for say 2 weeks or however long, stay in the same place.

And they can act like a support system to navigating life in a new country and helping eachother out with "game" and safety, if any crazy shit happened.

Your thoughts?
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Re: Going to Asia in a group

Post by germanguy »

tomasz wrote:Forgive me if this was discussed before but here is a crazy idea I have.

For those who are new to "moving or traveling overseas to meet Asian women" or those who have done it already. Because we westerners don't know the culture there including the risks and dangerous. Would it make sense to organize, perhaps a few times a year, like a group trip where a bunch of guys go to a specific country for say 2 weeks or however long, stay in the same place.

And they can act like a support system to navigating life in a new country and helping eachother out with "game" and safety, if any crazy shit happened.

Your thoughts?
This is just going to result in living in an western bubble for a few weeks...

You need to get there alone and experience it for yourself. Read lots of stuff before you go but go alone and experience real Asia. Not just some tourist resort like Angeles, Pattaya, Phuket, etc. Whatever country you want to go to, head for ordinary cities that are not heavily frequented by tourists. Make friends with locals, do not hang around with other foreigners. Do not go to Expat bars. Before you try to meet any women try to get a feel for the country and see if you actually like it.

Going to a country just to try to find a women is a recipe for disaster. The result will more likely then not be just another story of an evil Asian women ripping off yet another foreigner.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

germanguy wrote:
tomasz wrote:Forgive me if this was discussed before but here is a crazy idea I have.

Your thoughts?

You need to get there alone and experience it for yourself. Read lots of stuff before you go but go alone and experience real Asia. Not just some tourist resort like Angeles, Pattaya, Phuket, etc. Whatever country you want to go to, head for ordinary cities that are not heavily frequented by tourists. Make friends with locals, do not hang around with other foreigners. Do not go to Expat bars. Before you try to meet any women try to get a feel for the country and see if you actually like it.

Going to a country just to try to find a women is a recipe for disaster. The result will more likely then not be just another story of an evil Asian women ripping off yet another foreigner.
I agree.

At this point, I've only gone to countries 2 weeks at a time, but I found that most ex-pats are weird and not guys I would really want to be friends with anyway.

Of course, when I make my journey to Phil, I'll be contacting some of the more normal and optimistic guys here and try to meet them. I think making friends with locals is the most solid plan.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Maverick wrote:
germanguy wrote:

Your thoughts?

I agree.

At this point, I've only gone to countries 2 weeks at a time, but I found that most ex-pats are weird and not guys I would really want to be friends with anyway.

Of course, when I make my journey to Phil, I'll be contacting some of the more normal and optimistic guys here and try to meet them. I think making friends with locals is the most solid plan.
There are decent expats. But most of the expats in towns like Pattaya or Angeles are simply low-life trash. They have no clue about the country and lead a life that is focused on beer, talking to westerners, using tourist-services and buying sex. If you are looking for bargirls they can certainly show you around but that´s about it. They also often have a terrible attitude towards the locals and the country they stay in. Not surprising because cheap sex is the often the only reason they have left their home country.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good plan but it would probably end up like that Hangover Movie. A bunch of Western guys together just attract the wrong types of girls! That was certainly the case when I went on a business trip to Vienna.

Well anyone wants to come to Guangzhou then I'll show you around. It's hard to get Chinese visas, and most Western expats here are a pretty smart bunch.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

xiongmao wrote:Good plan but it would probably end up like that Hangover Movie. A bunch of Western guys together just attract the wrong types of girls! That was certainly the case when I went on a business trip to Vienna.

Well anyone wants to come to Guangzhou then I'll show you around. It's hard to get Chinese visas, and most Western expats here are a pretty smart bunch.
I can picture it now...