An American burns his passport, renounces citizenship.

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

An American burns his passport, renounces citizenship.

Post by zboy1 »

A youtuber burns his American passport and renounces his citizenship:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgVWBuM ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEettTbP ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDREWxqeSWI [/youtube]

The guy has not been back to the United States since 2006. He encourages more Americans to leave the country.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Good 4 Him, I won't do it...
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I could not do it. Regardless of what is happening in the US, I believe I can have a good life and still have a US passport. Also, I am doing my best to work in another country. However, unless you are rich and able to get a passport in the EU, I believe it is not worth the effort.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I agree with this man's general viewpoint. Good for him!

But I also wouldn't renounce my US citizenship until I get EU citizenship.

It seems that the general requirements to get a passport in an EU country are usually about 8 years of residence and then a test about that country's history and government in that country's language. Of course, if you marry a citizen of that country, the time required is usually a few years less.

Eight years might seem like a long time, but when I think back on all the years I wasted in the stupid US, eight years doesn't seem long at all!
targetguy
Freshman Poster

social security entitlement

Post by targetguy »

8) I think many more would renounce their citizenship if they could collect the social security they have paid all their lives. I have a few pensions and that is the reason i cant renounce my citizenship. But that doesnt stop me and many others from going to the pi or wherever and retire from the rat race and ghettozation of the usa with fema camps at the first site of a disaster.
no scammers
Think Different
Junior Poster

Re: social security entitlement

Post by Think Different »

targetguy wrote:8) I think many more would renounce their citizenship if they could collect the social security they have paid all their lives. I have a few pensions and that is the reason i cant renounce my citizenship. But that doesnt stop me and many others from going to the pi or wherever and retire from the rat race and ghettozation of the usa with fema camps at the first site of a disaster.
I'm not sure, but I'd check on that. Except for military pensions, an American can renounce their citizenship and still get their pension later...at least that's what I was told, since my pension plans are traditional or ROTH IRAs. Social security money still comes through as well, as far as I know, if you've lived and paid taxes into the US system for at least 10 years.

At least that's what I've understood, but since I'm not looking to renounce I haven't looked recently. Renouncing is a drastic and a last-resort measure, and usually for those who already have an EU citizenship and LOTS of money, or for those who are being hounded/pursued by the US govt. Better to just walk away and hope things are better in 20 years, if you're so upset. Granted the US is in a serious downward spiral economically, socially, and politically, but let's be realistic: there are still FAR worse countries out there than the US. I'd put the current US status in the mid-range, sort of like South Africa...not great, but not terrible either. For those like me who grew up in a MUCH GREATER USA than it is now, it's hard to understand that downward doesn't necessarily mean dead yet. Let's see what happens.

As an American who's married to an EU citizen, this is the general citizenship route: 3 years of marriage with the EU national (even outside the US) and then after the first year living in the EU country together you can apply for citizenship, if you already have a child together. If not, then you have to wait 2 years to apply. After the application (at least in Italy) you have to wait 730 days, I believe it was, since everything is routed through Rome (i.e. slow bureaucracy). Granted Italy's bureaucracy is horrible even by EU standards, things may go a little faster or slower depending on which country you move to (and marry into). All in all, you're looking at 3-4 years total in-country, if you marry an EU citizen. If you marry someone from Eastern Europe, from a smaller and less bureaucratic country, it might go faster. Of course, if you have a parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent who was born in Europe, and moved to the US, you MIGHT be elegible for EU citizenship automatically, since citizenship here is via blood (ius sanguinis), unlike the US where it is by place of birth (ius solis).
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

This guy is well aware and one of the few that understands that the US is the total opposite of what it preaches to its citizens. I have to say that was pretty bold to renounce his citizenship. That was clear evidence that he was serious. I just wish more Americans would wake up but the majority are controlled and made to believe this country is the greatest land on earth. What a shame!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. If you don't have a passport then you are stuck in the United States forever. Try surviving overseas or even getting into a country without a passport. You don't even know if he was burning a passport or just making it up. This is the kind of retarded trip-on-your-dick advice people can expect on this forum.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

US Citizenship is not required to receive US Social Security benefits, Medicare, or purchase of firearm and ammunition in America. However, you must fulfill other requirements, such as having paid in full the 40 points necessary for SS benefits, and having a green card to buy a gun.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

MrPeabody wrote:This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. If you don't have a passport then you are stuck in the United States forever. Try surviving overseas or even getting into a country without a passport. You don't even know if he was burning a passport or just making it up. This is the kind of retarded trip-on-your-dick advice people can expect on this forum.
I'm not advocating Americans to burn their passports! I just posted the video because I thought it was interesting. This guy is already a citizen in another country, so why criticize him for doing so?
Camp38
Freshman Poster

Post by Camp38 »

He is smart by being proactive. Many others have done this, and more will follow as the crisis intensifies and more will come to the realization America is fast becoming more of a police state (Patriot Act, NDAA, EEA, SOPA/PIPA, Agenda 21..etc) with barbaric imperialistic foreign polices thanks to sociopaths like Zbigniew Brzezinski and his Grand Chessboard policies for Eurasia. Not to mention America's inability to put it's own interests before Zionist Israel or the restoration of the Constitution as the supreme law of the land and liberty defined as the founding fathers intended. Outside of Ron Paul, who obviously will never win or come to power as his policies alone on the the Federal Reserve or foreign relations are beyond the comprehension of the mass of dumbed down brainwashed, compulsory educated, obese, mentally slothful often illiterate American voters. There is no chance considering even the open and blatant voter rigging (Hacking Democracy documentary) let alone the recent debacle in the Maine caucus recount. Chomsky once said propaganda is to a democracy what a bludgeon is to a totalitarian regime. Americans in general are so utterly clueless, TV addicted, stupefied by the bread and circus mentality of sports, celebrity gossip/worship, drama queen socialization that anything remotely of importance is considered out of breach as the anti-intellectualism of this socially dysfunctional country extends far beyond male and female sexual dynamics. Adults talk about nothing, selfish drivel or mundane topics centered around wealth acquisition, sports and celebrity nonsense. How can anyone in their right mind expect any form of organized resistance, unity or mass effective protest on a national level when this entire country is so ruled by divide and conquer strategies that cross every ethnic, social, financial and religious line.

He is absolutely correct when he said the people will essentially turn on each other. Same as in Katrina when police abandoned their posts or actively killed citizens (Shooting on that bridge) and the National guard as well as private merc (Blackwater) to control, intimidate and disarm American citizens. Most of the really terrible crimes were not even widely reported. Read the book, Thank God I had a Gun by Chris Byrd to gain some insight directly from survivors who persevered by neighborhood unity, armed and divided along even racial lines while the system did nothing but ignore and disregard. The false bravado and bullshit machismo displays are from the deranged individuals who probably watched too many American propaganda movies with John Wayne, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris and all the other countless hero myths (Joseph Campbell) that help perpetuate the nonsense myth of the American hero who will save the day. These idiots will probably hole up in a cabin as a bug out spot with their AK47 in one hand, a can of spam in the other, and when the most massive police force in the world with the most advanced weaponry comes the bare bringing insurmountable odds, they will fold and turn there own weapons upon themselves. False bravado with ignorance does not go a long way. Hence you will find many useful idiots as the KGB use to say as you encounter the overtly patriotic brainwashed who regard any counter advice to flee and survive as a form of jealousy since as most Americans will continue to wait for someone else to start the revolution that will never happen. Like John Taylor Gatto mentioned in his books concerning American compulsory education, you are taught to conform and belong to the herd. Critical outside the box thinking and action is discouraged and everyone must march lock step with the status quo. Just look up his 7 step lesson plan that every American institution utilizes as a blueprint for control under the guise of education. Fema camps indeed and most will even sell out their own mother for a seat at the front of the bus or a slice of bread long after the stores shelves run dry. So much for American unity and chest banging bravado. Just ask former Florida Pastor and 2007 Constitutional presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin who closed his Church after 30 years and moved his entire clan and extended family to Montana because he too saw the writing on the wall. Jesse Ventura went to Mexico after the court essentially laughed at his lawsuit. Max Keiser does his On the Edge from France and even famed director James Cameron recently moved his family to a large self sustaining farm in New Zealand.

Finally most birth citizens in the USA have no idea how prevalent the DHS and naturalization is a brainwashing event. Case in point, I hold 3 passports currently - All are valid for travel. I was naturalized a year ago in Tampa Florida along with maybe 1000 others in an auditorium. Almost everyone in attendance was from a third world country and had little opposition or comprehension tof anything politically that this man states in the video. They were educated on American Hollywood propaganda and had the same blank clueless starry eyes as when Obama fooled the masses with colorful slogans and empty rhetoric about hope and change. ICE and DHL ran the whole show and coordinated everything including the zombie like sing song event at the end complete with flag waving while watching a carefully crafted propaganda film that showed nothing of America's great achievements in innovation, literature, culture, music or the arts...the film focused on the military, it's might and of course YOUR future son's and daughters obligation to serve the corporate wars for resource acquisition. I took one look around and outside of the handful of European and Canadian candidates, no one in that room understood what they were seeing let alone questioned the message to pique some inner curiosity as to what this massive well crafted event meant. At the end the sham was even more apparent when reps from the democratic party immediately wanted to register votes for their party. No GOP reps at all were present. It was obvious since you could count on one hand who "appeared" to be a GOP potential. You could not leave the room without encountering DHS or ICE agents hounding you for your votering papers all pushing the liberalism/Marxist socialization agenda. When I handed my card to the DHS agent, he looking in shock when I indicated independent. He said jokingly but with hidden seriousness, "don't you want to be part of the group like everyone here"....many of the clueless automatons from third world countries, who were in line with me, laughed or smiled in empty agreement. Herd mentality goes along way here, reinforced in almost every social dynamic thanks to the people like Bernay's in the 1920's. The education system, the socialization dynamic, the military obsessive culture, bible belt politics and hero myth worship are all factors that lead to conformity, herd mentality and as Gatto explained in his book, emotional and intellectual dependence on any State or Government perceived authority. Hence, people will never react as we would have had a revolution already. I agree with this man. I left the police academy after I saw the same clueless, apathetic naive responses. Everything was self centric and I wanted no part of it. Stop watching TV for a few years and it becomes very clear. Self educate and self knowledge is what becomes a cure from the banal conformity of American society. Leaving, renunciation is an act of a sovereign individual who is thinking for himself amidst a sea of lemmings who are in all intents and purposes .......waiting for Godot.

I am in the process of doing the same thing. Everyone from friends who are nothing more then grow up children self obsessed with American melodrama I have eliminated as they are toxic people. Time is essential considering the state of this country and the world. I use my time wisely. Keeping physically fit, out of debt, liquidation of all physical assets, not married, no kids, mobile in every sense of the word. Above all after attending 6 colleges and universities and have 2 degrees thus far, I value my NYC street education and self acquired knowledge more than anything my secular academic indoctrination has "sold" to me in all those past years. What this man is saying I knew and have been saying to my family, former friends and acquaintances for some time. Having a plan, seeing it become a reality and living it, keeps you motivated. Remaining motionless, waiting for some save the day scenario to play out like a Hollywood movie is the definition of insanity and it is exactly what most will do.......hoping someone, anyone will fire that proverbial first shot heard round the world. This time America, with it emasculated male population obsessed with material gains and mass consumerism, wholly selfish perspectives, unconcerned, ill-educated, isolated socially, emotionally and spiritually as well as devoid of hope from a system that has utterly turned it's back on the common man - will simply do nothing as expected. Best advice consider ALL your viable options, do NOT be fooled by patriotic rhetoric and promises of unity or bravado bonding BUT plan accordingly before it really is too late and the choice is no longer available or so easy to make.
Mangus the Red
Freshman Poster

Post by Mangus the Red »

Jackal wrote:I agree with this man's general viewpoint. Good for him!

It seems that the general requirements to get a passport in an EU country are usually about 8 years of residence and then a test about that country's history and government in that country's language. Of course, if you marry a citizen of that country, the time required is usually a few years less.

Eight years might seem like a long time, but when I think back on all the years I wasted in the stupid US, eight years doesn't seem long at all!
Hi Jackal,

The residency requirements vary within the European countries in addition to history and language exams.

I found this report. I hope it helps: (Naturalisation Policies in Europe: Exploring Patterns of Inclusion and Exclusion)
AsiaBill
Freshman Poster

Post by AsiaBill »

Jackal wrote:I agree with this man's general viewpoint. Good for him!

Burning one's passport displayed on the internet sorry but first reaction: DUMB DUMB DUMB sounds like a typical American craving for fame; broadcasting such plans of escape and / or encouraging others can only lead to "Big Brother" making an example of you in some negative powerful way. Live the GOOD LIFE but keep it to oneself, unless of course your livelihood in the form of a website compensates you financially enough to take such risks. BEWARE of ALL the Spheres of Power controlling their turf / market share worldwide. 8) :cry:
Life is Short! Traveling and the people you meet and experiences you have "on the road" will enhance your life forever so GO FOR IT! Feel FREE to ask me Questions about living and traveling in Asia & the Philippines.
mountaingrownOG
Freshman Poster

Post by mountaingrownOG »

All of them removed by the poster.

Makes me wonder why he took them down. Guess that's what you get for speaking the truth and reaching people with it.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

To bad the vids are no longer on Youtube.