Why do many of you want to go abroad but never do?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:Wow that Super Soldier Rachel is hot. I've never seen a hot woman as a super soldier or one that talks about this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohx7bSeD5bQ

Are these forces she's talking about aka as the Archons?
She's on crack, sorry.
Energy...vibrations.. words too loosely used around.

The real issue here is entropy, as things fall towards chaos unless carefully tended to.
For example, so many things have to go right for you to actually be able to post from your computer, or reach your destination, it's not even funny.
Thousands of individuals through multiple generations have spent countless hours making things work the best they could. But somewhere, in the bowels of all these computer systems, there's
a piece that someone neglected, someone dropped the ball, and things 'crash' unexpectedly. Then we protest all dignified....

In the case of turning in the wrong direction on the intersection: Our brains do calculations that we are not aware of; perhaps subconsciously accounting for the direction of sun-light or wind etc.
I think for some people, these background processes might work properly and efficiently, while for others it may not be so 'natural', perhaps even giving the wrong 'output' most times. Thus some people have better 'gut feelings' than others.
A nice experiment would be to toss a coin to decide the turn direction, and then see after a while if it's really biased for the worse.

Another thing I see is that some people pay more attention to negative anomalies and might be biased in thinking it happens more than it really does. I might be wrong about your examples Winston though. Have you counted the results of every single instance, etc?

Like I said, I think Murphy is just entropy trying to take back whatever we don't carefully control.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can anyone answer the big questions here:

How do you stop your mind from making excuses to block you and delay you?
How do you stop your mind from countermanding your will?

The invisible wall phenomenon

Another big problem I have is that I seem to have some kind of "invisible wall" blocking me too, in addition to the mind making excuses. I don't know if this invisible wall is from God, Satan, the forces of destiny, or from my own mind. Any of you ever experience it too?

Let me tell you a weird and creepy story.

Back in 2004, I had planned to visit a girl in Sochi, Russia that was very sweet to me online and seemed like a real gem and keeper. I was supposed to go there in June that year, when the beaches were high season. But my mind kept blocking me with excuses and stuff undone.

By the time I arrived in Russia it was August. I was supposed to leave Moscow after one week. But every time I tried, something blocked me or got in the way. So I could not leave Moscow for 6 weeks. So my schedule, which was already 2 or 3 months behind, got delayed another 6 weeks. There seemed to be an "invisible wall" blocking me. I hated it and was furious!

After 7 or 8 tries, I finally left Moscow but by then it was almost October. It started becoming cold and gloomy in Russia. All my plans were f***ed. The school I was gonna teach at in Izhevsk rejected me too.

To make things worse, bad things started happening to me. I fell victim to scams, mugging and tricks by even my own friends. (See here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Russian_Scams.htm) More so than I ever had before. As a result of one of the muggings, I developed Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome too.

It seemed that, by breaking this "invisible wall" that kept me in Moscow for 6 weeks, I invoked some kind of curse. It was as if by not obeying the invisible wall, I had upset the order of the universe, or the will of God, and so by stepping out of line, I was being punished for it by bad luck and bad events. Really weird and creepy. WTF?

The weather became colder and gloomier too, and so did the mood of the people around me, all of which rubbed off on me. So I got off to a bad start with too many delays, which zapped my motivation and enthusiasm as well. As usual, everything is wrongly timed and off schedule in my life.

I didn't arrive in Sochi until November. But by then, the beach was too cold. The girl was sweet and a gem after all, but she did not have romantic feelings for me as she thought. I'll never know if it would have made a difference if I had arrived in June instead.

So the entire adventure seemed f***ed up from the start, and then jinxed later on.

I also experienced this invisible wall in the Philippines too. It kept making things happen to delay me getting out of Angeles City for years and months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likewise, last year when I came to Las Vegas, I planned to visit my beloved Southwest nature and canyons and then go to China by July, August, or September at the latest. But we got busy with moving the house for a month. Then my parents had to leave to get medicine in Taiwan. I don't know why they couldn't just have it mailed to them. Sheesh.

So I toured the Southwest with an old female friend that I was a kindred spirit with. But she had a very hot temper that exploded over trivial things, and was very feisty and prone to anger issues, similar to me. So I could not always enjoy everything, as two people with hot tempers and anger issues is a recipe for disaster at some point. We had fun though. But she could only stay out for two weeks due to classes.

When we returned, I got lazy to go off and travel again on my own. So I got into a comfort zone and enjoyed the peace and solitude of having a house to myself. My mind became lazy and made excuses everyday not to travel again. So I wasted June, July and August. They just flew by quickly.

By September, I was anxious to travel the Southwest again so I could go to China afterward. But stuff kept getting in the way, my mind made excuses again, and again, as in Russia and the Philippines, there was an INVISIBLE WALL again!!!!!!!!!!!!

After many failed attempts to leave Las Vegas in August, September, and October, I finally left in November. But again, as in Russia, it was too late. The weather was TOO COLD to do anything I wanted. National parks and campgrounds were closed. There was a "Closed for Winter" sign everywhere. I could not do what I wanted. It was snowing outside in Utah too. All I could do was stay in hotels, away from the cold, but that was not what I wanted. Everything was f***ed up again!!!!!!!!!!

So again, Murphy's Law applied with this axiom:

- You can't do what you want, and by the time you can, it's too late.
- When you get what you want, it's already too late to enjoy it.

I was f***ing pissed. The trip was f***ed again. And as in Russia, bad things began happening after I broke the invisible wall. Everything was closed, my plans were f***ed, and the NV brothels scammed me with ripoff prices (unlike before).

So as in 2004, my whole schedule was off by several months, and jinxed as well. I also suffered from the extreme cold in November and December. Again, it seemed that by breaking the invisible wall, I had upset the natural order of things and got jinxed and punished again.

Now I am two years behind schedule on going to China. There seems to be an invisible wall blocking me again. As usual, by the time I get there, it will be too late, and jinxes may start to happen again, because I broke the invisible wall and did not obey it.

So WTF is this "invisible wall"? Is it something from my mind? From God? From Satan? From the forces of destiny and karma? And what can you do about it?

I don't know. My only theory is this:

Perhaps if you are very deep, aware and freethinking, nature has to countermand your unique gifts and qualities by giving you a stronger dark side than what normal people have. In other words, the more spiritual and rich you are on the inside, the more internal challenges you will have. The dark side will rise to challenge you more than it would an average person. Your inner demons, complexity, conflicts, issues and dark side will be bigger than that of an average simple person. Nature balances everything out with its opposite to create a "union of opposites" as in the Ying Yang symbol. So if something in the universe increases, its opposite will increase as well.

So perhaps this is why I have bigger demons and dark sides than others do? I don't know. But this is the only metaphysical and Taoist explanation I can think of. Many gifted individuals in history have suffered from a complicated dark side as well. We all know many examples.

Moreover, it could also be that if you are not a conformist and do not follow the herd, then more dark forces and dark entities try to attack you and weaken you as well, because you stand out as an energetic target to them that is vibrating at a different frequency than the mainstream conformist population that is easily controllable. And you are probably more of a threat to them as well.

What can you do? Any of you experience this kind of thing before?

How do you remove curses, jinxes and invisible walls? With white light spells?

I also have a problem of being too easily distracted by too many things and falling into a comfort zone as well. The mind resists change too.

Anyway, I'm exhausted now from anger and frustration. Too bad such problems have no simple solutions or easy answers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

I haven't moved abroad, at least not yet, but I do travel to countries around the world once or twice a year for a couple of weeks at a time, just to get away from the monotony of the U.S.
Frankly, a 2-week vacation is about as much as I can tolerate of being away from my nest. It's gets stressful after a while. I like to be based in one place (for now, it's the U.S. because that's where my job and family is) and move around from time to time.
I don't think I could sustain a life as a nomad. As much as I enjoy traveling, constantly moving around gets intense, with many logistical obstacles to overcome. There is a steep learning curve each time you check into a hotel in a new country. After a while, I just want to settle down and relax. Always having to stare at a map to find a street, or figuring out how to use a city's metro can get exhausting.
Novem
Freshman Poster

Post by Novem »

Well, I'm a new recruit to this movement. I was looking for an answer to the various problems that I was encountering and many sheeple expected me to tolerate because that is what Americans do these days. I came across this site about a month or so ago but before then had thought about what living overseas would be like since I have international friends I talk to online.

The only thing impeding me at the moment is that I'm in the middle of a degree program and I'm doing my best not to incur high amounts of student loan debt that will trap me here. I don't want to walk away from this and later feel like I left something undone. I want to finish my business here and leave with nothing on my conscience.

I'm taking classes in the summer but from that point on any money I'm not putting toward paying for school related things will be going to trips and flights to potential countries I want to relocate to. My plan is to fly out in between semesters and on breaks to do my exploring. I've already gotten the general costs for my first flight and week long stay down. I just have to get my passport and save towards the trip.

When I graduate I'll pay off any potential debts and deal with my remaining obligations. After that, I am kissing the Anglosphere goodbye.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston, perhaps doing the deep meditation like you mentioned would be beneficial. I have a client who does this daily. He sits in the middle of his rec room on a map and he meditates in complete silence. It's usually for an hour per day. But he is able to work thru all of this thoughts and he loves it. If you meditate, focus on the outcomes that you are seeking and not the problems that will get into your way.

If I had this invisible wall, I'd try to break it down by doing little things such as making signs in your place saying "Winston will be in China on ________ (fill in the date).

I'm fortunate in that I was involved in sports at a very early age. It really helps me get from point A to point Z. For instance if I step on a tennis court I know I want to beat my opponent. I don't have time to sit around and think about it, I just get it done. I know that you are an amazing chess player. Same thing, while playing an opponent do you really have time to sit around and build an invisible wall and overthink things? No! You just find a way to win. Get it done.
MeGustanLatinas
Freshman Poster

Post by MeGustanLatinas »

Fear and/or money. But mostly fear.

I heard horror stories about Mexico before, I went. But even more curiously, I heard horror stories during and after. Doesn't matter if I tell my friends and family about my experiences, they heard somewhere Americans got decapitated so they don't want to go. Can't name any details or even a town, but, heard it somewhere so vague yet horrific news article > my un-decapitaed experiences.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

I think it's mostly psychological in a lot of people's cases.

Things like second thoughts as to whether someone would get lonely, get into trouble, or for more longer-term, finding income. For a lot of people those things can seem pretty daunting.

It's not so much a case of people choosing to stay in unhappy situations, it's a case of psychological barriers having not beein addressed correctly. I think many people don't voice what their personal barriers are due to fears of being looked down upon, particularly so amongst those that do the most complaining.

If that's the case, people in that boat shouldn't be looked down upon as ambitionless losers, but instead, a greater effort should be made to try to understand and relate to them and their fears.

I know that the comfort zone, and having concerns about what you might miss, even if your situation is absolutely diabolical, can be a POWERFUL psychological deterrant.

Also, the fact that we often here horror stories about people who've been dissappointed and let let more often than good, or even glass-half-type negative stories is hardly very inspiring to people in that boat.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do many of you want to go abroad but never do?

Post by Winston »

I've realized something else. The danger in this forum is that all the negativity here may be validating, however it can also be a trap because negativity and misery can be addicting. And once you're addicted to it, you won't be able to go abroad anymore because your subconscious mind is addicted to misery and will thus sabotage your efforts to go abroad.

That's probably what happens to a lot of us. Perhaps being too negative invites demons or energetic parasites to enter into us and feed on our misery. Once that happens they don't want us to be happy because they feed on our suffering. Sadly that means we won't want to be happier abroad once we are addicted to misery.

I just wanted you to be aware of this possible explanation why many of us are not able to go abroad even if our conscious mind and will wants to. Our mind is fragmented, not unified. So we cannot always control our mind or actions.

Nell
Freshman Poster

Post by Nell »

For me, it's simply two things: 1) not enough finances & 2) making the best & most informed decision. As a black man myself, I'd rather read blogs to find out which countries are most accepting of black men than to go to a country & don't feel welcomed. If money wasn't a problem, sure, I'd travel a lot. However, b/c I'm seeking romance, I'd want to be sure that the moment I step foot in a country, its citizens welcome me.
Even the most feminine woman from any western nation is equal to the most androgynous woman an any non-western country.

Men age like wine, women age like milk-Tom Leykis
steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

Deleted
Last edited by steezyy on April 1st, 2015, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissays
Freshman Poster

Post by Chrissays »

Steezy, that's that American, egotistical bravado "were the center of the universe" crap that many, many ignorant Americans have. And apparently you too.

The business world in Japan, China and Taiwan for example, are extremely competitive and cut throat. The businessmen who are successful in those countries are ruthless entrepreneurs and are 1%ers, or truly chosen by God.

If you think only America has the cream of the crop, pull your head out of your ass. Or get your ass out of America, whatever.

Americans truly are ignorant.
steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

Even though the business world in Asia is great (Japan especially), it don't compare to the US. At all.

http://www.japanprobe.com/2012/01/07/th ... e-percent/

Now you know how Asia's 1% compares to the US.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

I'm sadly the perfect example of what this thread is talking about.I spent about six months chatting with guys from HA and posting questions about the Phils.Finally I booked a plane ticket,got a hotel reservation and my up-to-date passport and was set to leave mid-January 2015.Well guess what,life got in the way...all my business plans,which include selling my principal residence and a couple of revenue properties,did not happen.In fact they are all still on the market :( .I live in a part of North America with a terrible economy and companies closing and leaving for better prospects.Now I know that this is not a valid excuse for not taking a three week vacation but I guess that's where I create my own obstacles and hurdles...I keep telling myself that I only deserve a reward when I've achieved my goals.I guess this is the result of being brainwashed my the North American system for 42 years.I've decided to discuss nothing,and not ask any more questions,until I am mentally/financially ready to get on the damn plane and go....for now I remain a miserable,sexually frustrated lurker dreaming of a better life.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

I'm sadly the perfect example of what this thread is talking about.I spent about six months chatting with guys from HA and posting questions about the Phils.Finally I booked a plane ticket,got a hotel reservation and my up-to-date passport and was set to leave mid-January 2015.Well guess what,life got in the way...all my business plans,which include selling my principal residence and a couple of revenue properties,did not happen.In fact they are all still on the market :( .I live in a part of North America with a terrible economy and companies closing and leaving for better prospects.Now I know that this is not a valid excuse for not taking a three week vacation but I guess that's where I create my own obstacles and hurdles...I keep telling myself that I only deserve a reward when I've achieved my goals.I guess this is the result of being brainwashed my the North American system for 42 years.I've decided to discuss nothing,and not ask any more questions,until I am mentally/financially ready to get on the damn plane and go....for now I remain a miserable,sexually frustrated lurker dreaming of a better life.