Random, Crazy Encounter in Ecuador

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Random, Crazy Encounter in Ecuador

Post by kangarunner »

It's 8:30 pm and just walked to the store to get some drinks.

Then this short Ecuadorian dude walks beside me and starts asking for money aggressively in Spanish. I just tell him no and keep walking.

Then in the opposite direction this hot girl is walking towards me. I say to her, "Hola, el necesita ayudar". And point to that same guy.

I keep the conversation going with her. And say "tu eres muy linda". And then she says something in Spanish about needing a dollar for the bus. So I reach into my shoulder bag for change. I keep talking to her because she's pretty hot...ask her age, Tu eres de Ecuador?....then I finally say "Cuanto para una hora contigo?". And she says "Diez." She was going to f**k for ten dollars. I start walking with her and then I tell her "Yo no puedo" mainly because I'm not feeling good and didn't want to f**k so I just walked away.

I'm walking back and the same Ecuadorian dude comes up to me this time even more aggressive and starts talking fast and angry in Spanish about how he saw me give money to the girl but I didn't give money to him. This dude is short (5'5 or 5'6). I'm try to de-escalate the situation and say to him "Tranquilo..tranquilo."

I keep walking and this dude rams into me from the back and trips me a little bit. Literally God must have been watching because there's literally 5 big armed security guards in tactical vests and guns providing security (this is Ecuador so security guards are trained like military and they carry shotguns) for the business park that I'm walking towards and they see that dude shove me. So they walk over and block that dude and then say to him "Que paso?". They eventually got the dude to f**k off.

This was at night and if it happened in a bad area that little dude could have had a knife on him.

You guys can say I'm a weak p***y for not standing my ground against that dude. I don't care. The point is just to avoid shady/dangerous/bad situations in South America at all times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Random, Crazy Encounter in Ecuador

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

kangarunner wrote:
October 24th, 2023, 7:44 pm
It's 8:30 pm and just walked to the store to get some drinks.

Then this short Ecuadorian dude walks beside me and starts asking for money aggressively in Spanish. I just tell him no and keep walking.

Then in the opposite direction this hot girl is walking towards me. I say to her, "Hola, el necesita ayudar". And point to that same guy.

I keep the conversation going with her. And say "tu eres muy linda". And then she says something in Spanish about needing a dollar for the bus. So I reach into my shoulder bag for change. I keep talking to her because she's pretty hot...ask her age, Tu eres de Ecuador?....then I finally say "Cuanto para una hora contigo?". And she says "Diez." She was going to f**k for ten dollars. I start walking with her and then I tell her "Yo no puedo" mainly because I'm not feeling good and didn't want to f**k so I just walked away.

I'm walking back and the same Ecuadorian dude comes up to me this time even more aggressive and starts talking fast and angry in Spanish about how he saw me give money to the girl but I didn't give money to him. This dude is short (5'5 or 5'6). I'm try to de-escalate the situation and say to him "Tranquilo..tranquilo."

I keep walking and this dude rams into me from the back and trips me a little bit. Literally God must have been watching because there's literally 5 big armed security guards in tactical vests and guns providing security (this is Ecuador so security guards are trained like military and they carry shotguns) for the business park that I'm walking towards and they see that dude shove me. So they walk over and block that dude and then say to him "Que paso?". They eventually got the dude to f**k off.

This was at night and if it happened in a bad area that little dude could have had a knife on him.

You guys can say I'm a weak p***y for not standing my ground against that dude. I don't care. The point is just to avoid shady/dangerous/bad situations in South America at all times.
Not really, I would say its smart that you didn't fight him or try to. Normally you would get in trouble in foreign lands doing that if you aren't from there anyway. They'll just single you out by default even if the other person started it.

I remember a guy got into some shit over something like that in some part of Asia with a girl, I forgot what he did but he got involved in a fight between a guy and a girl, tried to play hero but he still ended up getting himself in trouble.

Then there was another story where this other guy went to Thailand and he got into it with someone and the guy pulled out a machete on him and attacked him with it. I wouldn't have gave that bitch anything though. Times are just getting painfully desperate and it's going to be like that in every country eventually if shit don't change. You'll see behavior like that even here in the U.S. even more so due to all the homelessness.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I don't think anyone would call you a 'weak p***y' you did the right thing though you were obviously in a sketchy part of town late at night where you meet whores and people who will stab you for a few dollars in your pocket. You have to double check where to go and where not to go late at night in any sizeable city in Latin America, you are liable to become unstuck if you end up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

yick wrote:
October 25th, 2023, 1:53 am
I don't think anyone would call you a 'weak p***y' you did the right thing though you were obviously in a sketchy part of town late at night where you meet whores and people who will stab you for a few dollars in your pocket. You have to double check where to go and where not to go late at night in any sizeable city in Latin America, you are liable to become unstuck if you end up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
This wasn't a sketchy part of town. It was a safe area with restaurants and close to a commercial business park. That dude obviously went there because he knew there would people walking who had money who he could ask.

Also that girl wasn't a prostitute.

I'm done with Latin America anyway. It's not my cup of tea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

kangarunner wrote:
October 25th, 2023, 4:34 am
yick wrote:
October 25th, 2023, 1:53 am
This wasn't a sketchy part of town. It was a safe area with restaurants and close to a commercial business park. That dude obviously went there because he knew there would people walking who had money who he could ask.

Also that girl wasn't a prostitute.

I'm done with Latin America anyway. It's not my cup of tea.
Oh well, never mind... :(
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
You seem quite ballsy to me asking a non-prostitute how much for a hour with her. It's not something that I would ever do out of fear of offending the girl if she took it the wrong way.

You did the right think with the guy who was begging for money. Such people are just desperate and have little culture or education. There is no need to take it personally. It's better to de-escalate the situation with diplomacy and avoid getting into pointless fist fights.

You're not on home turf and the environment could be unpredictable. Other locals might attack you thinking that you've started a fight with one of their own and even the police might take the other guy's side even if the other guy started the fight. In Latin America, if the you get arrested for fighting (regardless of whether you were at fault or the other guy was), you might have to pay the police a bribe to get out of jail – an amount greater than the $1 that the beggar wanted. :(

Even in some advanced countries like Japan, the police have been known to take the side of their compatriot after a street fight between a Japanese and a foreigner even though it was the Japanese who started the fight. Some cops will always support their own no matter what or even take delight in an opportunity to abuse some random foreigner.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

kangarunner wrote:
No I wouldn't say that about you because you avoided a pointless brawl or manslaughter type scenario in South America. I will say this though.

You are not that guy. I don't know if that is a video of you or not, but you are not 'that guy'.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Lucas88 wrote:
October 25th, 2023, 8:23 am
kangarunner wrote:
You seem quite ballsy to me asking a non-prostitute how much for a hour with her. It's not something that I would ever do out of fear of offending the girl if she took it the wrong way.
That reminds me of a conversation with one of my English students in Korea who went to a university there. We were talking about the sexy miniskirts the young women would wear with the 'pretty woman' boots. He said if a girl at his college dressed like that, guys would come up to her and say, eolmayeyo in Korean, which means 'How much?'

You'd think that would encourage dressing like the prostitute from pretty woman, but it was still a popular look.