The so called danger of Brazil

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

The so called danger of Brazil

Post by ladislav »

The danger of Brazil, just like the danger of the Philippines is significantly exaggerated. Most of the time, as in the Philippines, nothing is happening here. Its not 100 percent safe, but its also not as dangerous as what the media likes to portray Brazil as. I am sure crime is happening, but if you go outside, as far as you just doing daily things, life just goes on as normal and you can just go along with it. But the media likes to make it look like it is so bad that its like everyone is under siege. Nothing like that.

I dress down, anyway, and no one is looking at me. If anything, people may be afraid of me rather than me having to be afraid of them.

Also, the big crime stopper here is that everybody now carries a credit or debit card instead of cash. And every merchant, even street ones, accepts these debit and credit cards.

Everyone s got one of those little machines.

Thus, nobody carries cash anymore. This has put a damper on crime big time as thieves and robbers now can only rob you of your Visa card which they cannot use for long, if at all.

And you are protected from unauthorized charges, anyway.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!