anyone have experiences in Merida Mexico ?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
anabolic
Freshman Poster

anyone have experiences in Merida Mexico ?

Post by anabolic »

curious, as I will be an expat soon

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: anyone have experiences in Merida Mexico ?

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

anabolic wrote:curious, as I will be an expat soon
It isn't spoiled by the popularity of Cancún yet it's a city with decent magnitude. I was talking to a woman there that I met via a friend in exchanging WhatsApp numbers, and I think she was a "caza fortuna" (a gold digger - U.S. slang). She and I had ceased conversing with one another because I didn't like how she probed me to tell her what EXACTLY I do for a living. I could have lied, but Merida is out of the way from the part of Mexico I was in so I decided to be honest about how I didn't appreciate her attitude. That fizzled out quickly. If I were hellbent on Merida, she and I would probably be an item now, but I didn't care for its humidity now that summer is pretty much here in Mexico. One thing I'll admit was that she was a Mexican by proxy of Spain (literally she immigrated from Spain to Mexico at a young age with her parents running a business in Merida); she was attractive, but not enough to put up with her golddigging jackassery.