Belize.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Belize.

Post by zacb »

I went through Mexico. I was enjoying Cancun, and it was cool, but once I got to Belize I was really enjoying myself. I don't want to reveal this specific gem, but it feels like paradise. If I had the money I would buy land here and vacation here forever. Rum for a pint here is 2.50 and there are a ton of restaurants and things to to. I feel like I am in paradise. I am a bit drunk while I write this, but I would highly recommend Belize as a vacation spot. I will continue on when I am less drunk.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Belize.

Post by Rock »

zacb wrote:I went through Mexico. I was enjoying Cancun, and it was cool, but once I got to Belize I was really enjoying myself. I don't want to reveal this specific gem, but it feels like paradise. If I had the money I would buy land here and vacation here forever. Rum for a pint here is 2.50 and there are a ton of restaurants and things to to. I feel like I am in paradise. I am a bit drunk while I write this, but I would highly recommend Belize as a vacation spot. I will continue on when I am less drunk.
John McAfee lived there and married what I believe was a local girl (quite sexy one too ;). But he was suspected of murdering his neighbor back in 2012 so fled. He believes he was somehow set-up I think. He sunk a lot of his remaining net worth (lost over 95% of his 100 mn in the 2008/9 financial crisis) into his house there and it was subsequently burnt down, again under conditions he suspects were foul play.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

zacb wrote:I went through Mexico. I was enjoying Cancun, and it was cool, but once I got to Belize I was really enjoying myself. I don't want to reveal this specific gem, but it feels like paradise. If I had the money I would buy land here and vacation here forever. Rum for a pint here is 2.50 and there are a ton of restaurants and things to to. I feel like I am in paradise. I am a bit drunk while I write this, but I would highly recommend Belize as a vacation spot. I will continue on when I am less drunk.

Belize has great water and beaches. The interior? Be careful . If you drink too much, some time in Belize City will sober you up. Its pretty much a crime infested shithole.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I am a bit more sober now, but I can assure you it was at a hostel and in a smaller town in Belize. I would highly recommend Belize to relax and escape civilization. I would recommend you bring cash instead of card though. I am in a smaller town so it does tend to run out of bills I think at the ATM.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com