Serving ayahuasca in Peru

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
algernonsidney
Freshman Poster

Serving ayahuasca in Peru

Post by algernonsidney »

I have sat in 25 ayahuasca ceremonies over the past two years. I feel like it could be a calling. I am an American citizen who is kind of fed up with life here and my current career.

I will go to Peru and get an apprenticeship with a more experienced ayahuasquero. Then I will open up my own place in Peru. I'm thnking of just doing it in Lima, instead of Iquitos. I've heard Iquitos is a pretty hard place to live for those of us who are used to modern conveniences.

Anyone have any suggestions on doing this? What places are best, in your opinion? What is the legal status of ayahuasca in other countries like Belize?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: serving ayahuasca in Peru

Post by chibolo »

I lived in Peru for several years, but I don't know much about Ayahuasca. As far as I know it is mostly done in the "Selva" (amazon/jungle region). Iquitos is the largest city in the Peruvian Amazon region. I have never been there myself, but I know you can only get there by plane and it is very isolated. Based on videos I have seen it also looks pretty "third world".

If you want modern comforts you will have to stay in the better areas of Lima (Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro, etc.). Other major cities (Arequipa, Trujillo) also have decent areas but they are slightly less developed than Lima.