Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Cuba, the next Philippines?

Post by Cornfed »

Banano wrote:At least Castro never invaded noone
Well, he did send troops into Angola, but the point is somewhat valid.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OutWest wrote:
Hero wrote:
Winston wrote:Also, why did the US government hate Fidel Castro so much and try to assassinate him during the Kennedy era? When I see videos of Castro and his interviews, he seems very genuine, authentic and passionate with a lot of heart and soul. He's nowhere near as fake as US politicians. So why did the US government and CIA hate him so much and plot to kill him?
Um... because he could have started World War III? :roll:

Why are you such an admirer of homicidal dictators?

Good question...indicates no knowledge of how a totalitarian dictator comes to power and maintains power...primarily through terror...the arrest, torture and murder of many thousands of people...in many cases, Castro would be personally involved with killing someone if he felt especially aggrieved. Otherwise, his secret police would take care of it.
That doesn't answer the question. The USA does not try to topple all dictators no matter how bad they are. You think the USA is only interested in right and wrong and justice and altruism? Lol. You sound like a kid with a naive view.

Obviously US interests must be threatened for them to have plotted to kill him. Do you actually think that the CIA only assassinates bad people in the name of truth and justice? Lol

Besides how do you know that Castro was bad? What if the US media lied to you? Did you consider that? The US media believes everything the government tells them, even if they know it's not true. That's their job. We all know that. Why don't you ask some Cubans?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Hero wrote:
Winston wrote:Also, why did the US government hate Fidel Castro so much and try to assassinate him during the Kennedy era? When I see videos of Castro and his interviews, he seems very genuine, authentic and passionate with a lot of heart and soul. He's nowhere near as fake as US politicians. So why did the US government and CIA hate him so much and plot to kill him?

Good question...indicates no knowledge of how a totalitarian dictator comes to power and maintains power...primarily through terror...the arrest, torture and murder of many thousands of people...in many cases, Castro would be personally involved with killing someone if he felt especially aggrieved. Otherwise, his secret police would take care of it.
That doesn't answer the question. The USA does not try to topple all dictators no matter how bad they are. You think the USA is only interested in right and wrong and justice and altruism? Lol. You sound like a kid with a naive view.

Obviously US interests must be threatened for them to have plotted to kill him. Do you actually think that the CIA only assassinates bad people in the name of truth and justice? Lol

Besides how do you know that Castro was bad? What if the US media lied to you? Did you consider that? The US media believes everything the government tells them, even if they know it's not true. That's their job. We all know that. Why don't you ask some Cubans?
I did not state any of the positions you attribute to me.
You simply fabricated opinions that I never stated, and then you mock those fabrications. It's called a straw man argument. I do not have to find Cubans to talk to- I have close family friends that date back decades that actually helped Castro at first, until they experienced his bloodthirsty ways first hand. Unlike you, I do not have to depend on media or rumor to have some idea what is happening in Cuba. Cuban friends who actually knew Castro personally, and multiple visits to Cuba by myself, traveling through Mexico City, have given me a decent idea of what goes on there. Why don't YOU go to Cuba yourself and post up some anti-Castro literature to see just how sweet and sincere Castro is? If you will go to Cuba to test your theories, I will help you with the cost of airfare. Please contact me to make arrangements for your trip. I will be waiting to hear from you.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

There you go Winston you just scored free airfare to Cuba

Al you have to do is post 'xx reasons why F Castros Cuba sucks balls'

1. There is no freedom of speech in Cuba

2. Elections are sham

3. Cuban government is a big bully that tells people what to do

4. 80% of female population are willing to have sex for $40 or less thanks to revolution and pathetic wages

5. Internet access cost 5 monthly wages(only top 10% of communist party members can afford it and hookers)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OutWest wrote:
Winston wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Hero wrote:

You simply fabricated opinions that I never stated, and then you mock those fabrications. It's called a straw man argument. I do not have to find Cubans to talk to- I have close family friends that date back decades that actually helped Castro at first, until they experienced his bloodthirsty ways first hand. Unlike you, I do not have to depend on media or rumor to have some idea what is happening in Cuba. Cuban friends who actually knew Castro personally, and multiple visits to Cuba by myself, traveling through Mexico City, have given me a decent idea of what goes on there. Why don't YOU go to Cuba yourself and post up some anti-Castro literature to see just how sweet and sincere Castro is? If you will go to Cuba to test your theories, I will help you with the cost of airfare. Please contact me to make arrangements for your trip. I will be waiting to hear from you.
How do you have such connections that you know people who know Castro? Hmmm. Even if you're right, that still doesn't answer my question about why the US government hates Castro and tried to kill him. The CIA does not go around trying to kill every evil person in the world. I didn't ask why YOU don't like Castro. I only asked why the US government doesn't. I don't know why you got you and the US government mixed up. Perhaps you are too opinionated.

The documentaries I saw about Cuba said it was fun, wild, open and full of human connection. TLC portrayed it that way too.

No way am I going to Cuba to start an anti-Castro campaign. Why would I want to do that? Where did I say that I hate Castro? I asked why the US hates him. I never said I hated him. I just said that in interviews, Castro comes across as very passionate, intelligent, sensible and genuine.

Why is it that the CIA can take out anyone in the world it wants, including JFK, but it can't take out Castro? He must be quite amazing to be the only man that the CIA can't get to.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Winston wrote:
OutWest wrote: Good question...indicates no knowledge of how a totalitarian dictator comes to power and maintains power...primarily through terror...the arrest, torture and murder of many thousands of people...in many cases, Castro would be personally involved with killing someone if he felt especially aggrieved. Otherwise, his secret police would take care of it.

Besides how do you know that Castro was bad? What if the US media lied to you? Did you consider that? The US media believes everything the government tells them, even if they know it's not true. That's their job. We all know that. Why don't you ask some Cubebs ok?
How do you have such connections that you know people who know Castro? Hmmm. Even if you're right, that still doesn't answer my question about why the US government hates Castro and tried to kill him. The CIA does not go around trying to kill every evil person in the world. I didn't ask why YOU don't like Castro. I only asked why the US government doesn't. I don't know why you got you and the US government mixed up. Perhaps you are too opinionated.

The documentaries I saw about Cuba said it was fun, wild, open and full of human connection. TLC portrayed it that way too.

No way am I going to Cuba to start an anti-Castro campaign. Why would I want to do that? Where did I say that I hate Castro? I asked why the US hates him. I never said I hated him. I just said that in interviews, Castro comes across as very passionate, intelligent, sensible and genuine.

Why is it that the CIA can take out anyone in the world it wants, including JFK, but it can't take out Castro? He must be quite amazing to be the only man that the CIA can't get to.

Cuba is "open" ? Lol Winston, you do not need to start an anti-Castro campaign. How about advocating something as simple as free speech...like you speak of on your forum?

I think Castro got attention due to the location of Cuba. If he was more distant, he would not have received all the love from the CIA . Yes, I know people from Castro's circle in the past. They are not his friends now as he tried to murder them. Castro's own sister fled Cuba and denounced him as a blood thirsty sociopath.

Nothing wrong with trying to kill Castro...but its true...there are others swine that deserve the same treatment.

Return to “Latin America, Mexico, Central America”