White Mexican women are more European than AW are

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

White Mexican women are more European than AW are

Post by Robert77 »

It's ironic because in America, we perceive mexico as a non-white country, with pretty much indigenous aztec looking people and while a big part of the masses of mexico do comply with that image, it is also undeniable that in some parts of mexico people are indeed caucasian/white.

a clear example of this is the wealthier parts of mexico city (la condesa for example) you go around there and the average mexican women there looks more like a european tourist than an actual stereotypical mexican woman)

according to government statistics, 9% of mexico's population is white/caucasian........ and the mexican-whites I've met are nothing like their counterparts north of the border...... white mexican women are often thin, chic, sophisticated, cosmopolitan, very classy and feminine something that in America you wouldnt find, then u cross the border and u realize your surrounded by hordes of overweight loud obnoxious racist dumb ignorant acultural white american women.

it is so funny, but I think the minority of whites in mexico are actually much more european, better off economically and culturally than the vast majority of whites in america.

it sort of shows us how decadent america overall is.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
SlaveToLove
Freshman Poster

Post by SlaveToLove »

i've met many white mexican tourists around the globe, only americans are shocked to see whites there, and actually there are a few whites also in the rest of central america, venezuela, colombia, peru, etc

to me they all look like typical spaniards and portuguese, not really my cup of tea but they're usually friendly and open.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

are they short and petite like spaniard and portuguese mainland women?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Famous "Thalia" comes from Mexico and she looks pretty european. She lives now in Nes York as Mexico is to dangerous.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Re: White Mexican women are more European than AW are

Post by icarus »

Robert77 wrote:It's ironic because in America, we perceive mexico as a non-white country, with pretty much indigenous aztec looking people and while a big part of the masses of mexico do comply with that image, it is also undeniable that in some parts of mexico people are indeed caucasian/white.

a clear example of this is the wealthier parts of mexico city (la condesa for example) you go around there and the average mexican women there looks more like a european tourist than an actual stereotypical mexican woman)

according to government statistics, 9% of mexico's population is white/caucasian........ and the mexican-whites I've met are nothing like their counterparts north of the border...... white mexican women are often thin, chic, sophisticated, cosmopolitan, very classy and feminine something that in America you wouldnt find, then u cross the border and u realize your surrounded by hordes of overweight loud obnoxious racist dumb ignorant acultural white american women.

it is so funny, but I think the minority of whites in mexico are actually much more european, better off economically and culturally than the vast majority of whites in america.

it sort of shows us how decadent america overall is.
Not necessarily. It shows more the more unequal distribution of wealth and how class distinctions are more clearly delineated on race in these societies. The same is true in Brazil and I imagine most countries in central/south America.
An Americans surprise has more to do with the fact that we encounter the lower classes from Mexico much more often than a European would as only the upper classes in Mexico would have the means to cross the entire Atlantic as opposed to the Rio Grande to find day laborer work.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

These Mexicans look up to Spain for sophistication and also, they are a small class of basically, ethnic Spaniards born in Mexico. Spaniards born in the New World are called criollos in Spanish.

They are a minority in Mexico. The rest are Aztecs and Mestizos.

The US also have Euro fans- in Boston and surrounding areas.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

I am Mexican so I can asnwer this question for you. Economically, Mexico looks upon the United States, but fashion and culture, we look upon Europe. When I used to live in the US, people often thought I was a gay man because of the way I dress (I dress like European men, especially Southern Europeans) which is fashionable unlike the average American man. My mum also stuck like a sore thumb as she dresses chic, sophisticated, slender, and looks young for her age (her features are average woman from Guadalajara which is olive skin, big dark eyes, and dark hair)

As for the stereotypes of Mexicans looking mostly indigenous, it depends on the region though a large part of the population does look like that. Though I am not a white Mexican (I do have some relatives who are white Mexicans of the Mediterranean type), I am a light mestizo like most of my relatives are (I am not sure if you heard the term light mestizo). Light mestizos are the majority in Bajio region and Guadalajara or in the middle class areas of Mexico City.

And not all whites in Mexico are upper class. The relatives I have who are pure white are mostly middle class people, though one relative lives in Condesa, and my maternal grandfather is upper class.

I also have seen a few white Mexicans who are lower class, especially public taxi drivers for some reason or the ocassional taco vendor. I also have met a few dark mestizo or indigenous looking Mexicans who are middle class or upper class though they are minority.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Does anyone have any experience dating/marrying/gaming white Mexicans or whites in other Latin American countries? Rumor has it that they're very tough to crack, you need social circle/social proof, looks, resources and even then some of them will flat-out reject American men.

Are white, middle/upper class Mexicans conservative, religious? Catholic? I know that Protestantism is growing in Latin America, is it catching on with the white/upper class people? Or are they more likely to be secular and of a more liberal worldview with attitudes not unlike what you'd find in your run-of-the-mill herds of SWPLs in the United States?
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

I think very few of the "white" latin americans are really purely white. Perhaps in Argentina, but not where I am in Colombia, and not where I was in Mexico (Guadalajara). Even when you come across a rare dirty-blonde girl, she still doesn't have the same bone structure as a pure European, which is most indicative by the shape of the face. Almost all of the "white girls" have a least a little bit of indigenous blood. You'll almost never see a naturally bright blonde girl, which is rare but not unheard of in southern Europe (I can name a few Sicilian girls with naturally bright blonde hair). Only about 1 out of a 1,000 Latins have light colored eyes.

I personally would advise against getting hung up on finding a "white girl" in Latin America. I don't know if guys look for them because they find them more attractive, or if they are looking for a wife to have babies with and perceive mestizas/indigenous genetics to be inferior. Either way, if you're hell bent on finding a white girl, go to slavic-land.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

fightforlove wrote:Does anyone have any experience dating/marrying/gaming white Mexicans or whites in other Latin American countries? Rumor has it that they're very tough to crack, you need social circle/social proof, looks, resources and even then some of them will flat-out reject American men.

Are white, middle/upper class Mexicans conservative, religious? Catholic? I know that Protestantism is growing in Latin America, is it catching on with the white/upper class people? Or are they more likely to be secular and of a more liberal worldview with attitudes not unlike what you'd find in your run-of-the-mill herds of SWPLs in the United States?
Most white Mexican girls are not interested in white Anglo Saxons. Why would they if they have plenty of white Mexican suitors who often dress better, better looking and are fit that the average gringo that comes here. I do not think like this, but I am telling you what they think in their mind, and often see that the type of Mexicans women that go for foreigners are mostly from the lowest classes, thus they do not want to be assosiated with them. In other words, most of them will not be interested in you. Heck, if they are almost never interested in a middle class Mexican like me, the same feeling will be towards a middle class foreigner. They are very picky who they choose from and often go for looks and money rather than what you are as a human being.

So, unless you do not care, go for it.

As for the Protestantism, that is only found in the lower classes as most foreign Protestant preachers go to some rural areas or lower class district in the major cities. Middle and particularly upper class Mexicans are very Catholic and often see Protestantism endemic of the lower classes. In fact, in many middle and upper class districts they put signs outside the door to not preach any other religions as the specific household is a Catholic household.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

sentinel89 wrote:I think very few of the "white" latin americans are really purely white. Perhaps in Argentina, but not where I am in Colombia, and not where I was in Mexico (Guadalajara). Even when you come across a rare dirty-blonde girl, she still doesn't have the same bone structure as a pure European, which is most indicative by the shape of the face. Almost all of the "white girls" have a least a little bit of indigenous blood. You'll almost never see a naturally bright blonde girl, which is rare but not unheard of in southern Europe (I can name a few Sicilian girls with naturally bright blonde hair). Only about 1 out of a 1,000 Latins have light colored eyes.

I personally would advise against getting hung up on finding a "white girl" in Latin America. I don't know if guys look for them because they find them more attractive, or if they are looking for a wife to have babies with and perceive mestizas/indigenous genetics to be inferior. Either way, if you're hell bent on finding a white girl, go to slavic-land.
You were in Guadalajara? Cool, mate.How did you like Guadalajara? Where did you lived in Guadalajara?

I and most of my family are from Guadalajara, though I am currently living now in Mexico City.My mum is from Plaza de Sol and my father from Zapopan.

I would say that tapatios (people from Guadalajara) though most are not pure white, definitely we do not look physically like the average Mexican from Mexico City or southern Mexicans who tends to be very dark skin, round faces, stocky/fat, shorter and with mostly Indigenous features. I would say the average tapatio is a light mestizo, similar to Chileans, Costa Ricans and Colombians from the Paisa region to some degree the latter. As for pure blooded caucasians in Guadalajara, I would say about 30% of tapatios look pure blooded white of the Mediterranean type phenotypically, 60% of people in Guadalajara are light mestizo and 10% look indigenous approximately.

I look physically like the average person from Guadalajara (I am the one in the photo in my avatar) and here in Mexico City, when I am in the metro or in the streets, my features tend to stick out and many local people here can tell I am either from Guadalajara or from the nearby Bajio region (Guanajuato, Queretaro, Aguascalientes, Michoacan and part of Jalisco) judging my physical appearance as unlike most foreigners, Mexicans we can tell the difference from what region we come from not only by accent but also physical features that are more common in certain regions than in others. People from Guadalajara for example we tend to have big, almond shaped eyes, light brown or olive sking, dark brown hair,more slender,longer faces and more angular jawlines.

As for women in Guadalajara, I consider them the most beautiful of all Mexican women. They are my preferred type and definitely women in Guadalajara are more beautiful on average than in Mexico City or Southern Mexico for my tastes. Although Northern Mexican women also have a reputation for their beauty, I prefer more the look of women from Guadalajara.

Cheers
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Tapatio89 wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:I think very few of the "white" latin americans are really purely white. Perhaps in Argentina, but not where I am in Colombia, and not where I was in Mexico (Guadalajara). Even when you come across a rare dirty-blonde girl, she still doesn't have the same bone structure as a pure European, which is most indicative by the shape of the face. Almost all of the "white girls" have a least a little bit of indigenous blood. You'll almost never see a naturally bright blonde girl, which is rare but not unheard of in southern Europe (I can name a few Sicilian girls with naturally bright blonde hair). Only about 1 out of a 1,000 Latins have light colored eyes.

You were in Guadalajara? Cool, mate.How did you like Guadalajara? Where did you lived in Guadalajara?

I and most of my family are from Guadalajara, though I am currently living now in Mexico City.My mum is from Plaza de Sol and my father from Zapopan.

I would say that tapatios (people from Guadalajara) though most are not pure white, definitely we do not look physically like the average Mexican from Mexico City or southern Mexicans who tends to be very dark skin, round faces, stocky/fat, shorter and with mostly Indigenous features. I would say the average tapatio is a light mestizo, similar to Chileans, Costa Ricans and Colombians from the Paisa region to some degree the latter. As for pure blooded caucasians in Guadalajara, I would say about 30% of tapatios look pure blooded white of the Mediterranean type phenotypically, 60% of people in Guadalajara are light mestizo and 10% look indigenous approximately.

I look physically like the average person from Guadalajara (I am the one in the photo in my avatar) and here in Mexico City, when I am in the metro or in the streets, my features tend to stick out and many local people here can tell I am either from Guadalajara or from the nearby Bajio region (Guanajuato, Queretaro, Aguascalientes, Michoacan and part of Jalisco) judging my physical appearance as unlike most foreigners, Mexicans we can tell the difference from what region we come from not only by accent but also physical features that are more common in certain regions than in others. People from Guadalajara for example we tend to have big, almond shaped eyes, light brown or olive sking, dark brown hair,more slender,longer faces and more angular jawlines.

As for women in Guadalajara, I consider them the most beautiful of all Mexican women. They are my preferred type and definitely women in Guadalajara are more beautiful on average than in Mexico City or Southern Mexico for my tastes. Although Northern Mexican women also have a reputation for their beauty, I prefer more the look of women from Guadalajara.

Cheers
I was in Guadalajara for one month, and spent one weekend in Aguascalientes. I did better in Aguascalientes than in Guadalajara. I went on 2 dates in AC that were both better looking than the string of dates I went on in Guadalajara. Most of my dates in Guadalajara were with average looking women who were kinda boring, so I did not pursue them further after one date. Well, there was one girl from Tlaquepaque who I went out with who was very pretty also. So far, Tlaquepaque has been my favorite neighborhood that I have been to in all of Latin America (3 different Latin countries). I like how it's clean, well preserved, and has tons of night life options. I miss getting a real Mexican michelada, Colombians unfortunately don't have the stomach for a little salsa picante. Overall, there's several things I like better about Guadalajara than Bogota. It seems more laid back and relaxed. People don't always seem like they're in a hurry there. In Bogota, people are pushing each other over to get into the "transmilenio." Also, I didn't see nearly as many drunk people acting stupid on the weekends. In Bogota, you'll see some of the most screwed up things on a friday night out. You'll see a guy doing kart-wheels in his own vomit, taxi drivers getting out of their cars and fighting each other over road rage, etc. For some reason, Bogota seems so much more shady than Guadalajara did. Also, I felt like people in Guadalajara were more gringo-friendly than Colombians. I went to a resturaunt almost every day near my apartment and they always made me feel warm and welcome there. Colombians hate serving a gringo, even if he speaks decent Spanish. I also felt that Catholicism is taken more seriously in Mexico. But, Colombian women win hands down in terms of average attractiveness.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Are they "latina-like"? I mean in terms of passion, vigorousness, family-oriented, etc... . I don't really click well with a lot of white chicks because they seem to be as "bleached-out" as the white guys in America- it's like dealing with an android that only values a paycheck & mellowness.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

sentinel89 wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:

Cheers
I was in Guadalajara for one month, and spent one weekend in Aguascalientes. I did better in Aguascalientes than in Guadalajara. I went on 2 dates in AC that were both better looking than the string of dates I went on in Guadalajara. Most of my dates in Guadalajara were with average looking women who were kinda boring, so I did not pursue them further after one date. Well, there was one girl from Tlaquepaque who I went out with who was very pretty also. So far, Tlaquepaque has been my favorite neighborhood that I have been to in all of Latin America (3 different Latin countries). I like how it's clean, well preserved, and has tons of night life options. I miss getting a real Mexican michelada, Colombians unfortunately don't have the stomach for a little salsa picante. Overall, there's several things I like better about Guadalajara than Bogota. It seems more laid back and relaxed. People don't always seem like they're in a hurry there. In Bogota, people are pushing each other over to get into the "transmilenio." Also, I didn't see nearly as many drunk people acting stupid on the weekends. In Bogota, you'll see some of the most screwed up things on a friday night out. You'll see a guy doing kart-wheels in his own vomit, taxi drivers getting out of their cars and fighting each other over road rage, etc. For some reason, Bogota seems so much more shady than Guadalajara did. Also, I felt like people in Guadalajara were more gringo-friendly than Colombians. I went to a resturaunt almost every day near my apartment and they always made me feel warm and welcome there. Colombians hate serving a gringo, even if he speaks decent Spanish. I also felt that Catholicism is taken more seriously in Mexico. But, Colombian women win hands down in terms of average attractiveness.
Interesting. People in Guadalajara tend to be quite close minded and not open to make friends easily, not only towards foreigners but even from Mexicans from other regions.

LOL, how come you thought women in Guadalajara were boring?

Mexican micheladas are the bomb, mate. You will never find something like this in other countries.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

It depends on the country, but even in a country like Peru (which has a lot of indigenous blood) there ARE some very white blonde/nordic looking locals. I have seen them myself walking around the Larcomar mall in Miraflores, Lima. I think they often have German or some other European ancestry. Of course they are not very common in most of the country and you have to go to certain areas to see them (and they almost always belong to the upper classes), but they definitely exist.