Dating scene in Colombia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

kai1275 wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:I was on a Columbian marriage agency website and there were a few black men who had found wives in Columbia.

They were well dressed black men.
Any well dressed and successful black man can pretty much get whatever he wants really. All they have to do is make a plan and try. There are not very many of us, so that makes it all the more exotic. I got so many looks and flirtatious attention from many women of all colors too when I went to NYC dressed up in my suit. Then after a week I realized that I did not see many black guys dressed up like me over there walking around. I had no idea it was going to be like that...I guess I was expecting another Atlanta but maybe with a larger number of professional black men, but I was wrong.
You're right.

That's why in the other thread I made the point that well dressed black men are going to attract Europe women like crazy.

The European women already have fetishes for black men and a well dress black man is icing on the cake.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

I should say that I hung out in with the younger crowd 20-30 upper class in Bogota. There was this younger black guy from USA in the bar (PUA comes in mind) who was all swag but I didn't think he got much more action than the dirty backpackers who used their one good party shirt and fixed their hair for one night. You think this black guy was mr. swag, muscular, young, wearing fashion clothes, jewelry, dancing with his expensive drink -- the works! but you can tell the girls simply was not into him -- they were eyeing mr. blue eyes!

In fact, I went to a party with a half-kiwi/half-colombian dirty looking as f**k, i'm talking about hobo traveler looking and we got problem with him getting stopped at the door but good thing he had some friends inside (he is colombian), at end of the night he was making out with a straight colombian 8 and his shirt was falling off revealing his rag body!

In the tourist sites, I saw a black American guy (around 40) who was dressed like a pimp followed by a colombiana with a big ass. The scene screamed: gold-digger and her sponsor. It was comedy as it looked like he was straight up buying her big ass to walk up the hill with her. On the other hand, my Asian ass would get hollered at by young school girls (swear dude).

So yeah, there is this element going on here, so maybe Europe is better for black men. Your mileage might vary, but this is from what I saw. I would not recommend my black friends to go to Colombia. I mean sure they can get laid -- but can they get laid for simple existing as Mr. Euro guy? Maybe they can have that in Europe I don't know, but don't subject yourself to this shit. It's like being an old girl in Salsa dancing, nobody really wants to dance with you, but once in awhile there is nobody to dance with so you get picked.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

mguy wrote:I should say that I hung out in with the younger crowd 20-30 upper class in Bogota. There was this younger black guy from USA in the bar (PUA comes in mind) who was all swag but I didn't think he got much more action than the dirty backpackers who used their one good party shirt and fixed their hair for one night. You think this black guy was mr. swag, muscular, young, wearing fashion clothes, jewelry, dancing with his expensive drink -- the works! but you can tell the girls simply was not into him -- they were eyeing mr. blue eyes!

In fact, I went to a party with a half-kiwi/half-colombian dirty looking as f**k, i'm talking about hobo traveler looking and we got problem with him getting stopped at the door but good thing he had some friends inside (he is colombian), at end of the night he was making out with a straight colombian 8 and his shirt was falling off revealing his rag body!

In the tourist sites, I saw a black American guy (around 40) who was dressed like a pimp followed by a colombiana with a big a**. The scene screamed: gold-digger and her sponsor. It was comedy as it looked like he was straight up buying her big a** to walk up the hill with her. On the other hand, my Asian a** would get hollered at by young school girls (swear dude).

So yeah, there is this element going on here, so maybe Europe is better for black men. Your mileage might vary, but this is from what I saw. I would not recommend my black friends to go to Colombia. I mean sure they can get laid -- but can they get laid for simple existing as Mr. Euro guy? Maybe they can have that in Europe I don't know, but don't subject yourself to this shit. It's like being an old girl in Salsa dancing, nobody really wants to dance with you, but once in awhile there is nobody to dance with so you get picked.
Don't fool yourself with clowns. The only things black men like that were doing is repeating the same old garbage they do in America. They are not in our decent black men group. Any of those would out pull anyone you saw and probably yourself. I cannot imagine the success some of the professional and handsome black men I know here would have in a place like that.

Most non-black men, better be glad most of these brothers have not unplugged from the matrix yet. If one of the complaints are that black men are f***ing all the good AWs here, wait till most of them go abroad. Most are still stuck on black women and white women here. Some are married to FW like myself. Any single ones I talk to about this stuff are quiet and say nothing afterwards. I know they are thinking about going abroad though. It's just a matter of time....
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

kai1275 wrote:
Don't fool yourself with clowns. The only things black men like that were doing is repeating the same old garbage they do in America. They are not in our decent black men group. Any of those would out pull anyone you saw and probably yourself. I cannot imagine the success some of the professional and handsome black men I know here would have in a place like that.

Most non-black men, better be glad most of these brothers have not unplugged from the matrix yet. If one of the complaints are that black men are f***ing all the good AWs here, wait till most of them go abroad. Most are still stuck on black women and white women here. Some are married to FW like myself. Any single ones I talk to about this stuff are quiet and say nothing afterwards. I know they are thinking about going abroad though. It's just a matter of time....
The black guy in the club was handsome(no homo) and looked successful. I would say he is better looking that 90% than my friends here. He was wearing the suit vest combo for heavens sake with a nice white-gold chain that hung from his neck. It looked like he came out of a GQ magazine, and it was too much. In the US, he would have out-pulled me especially in an American bar with lots of chunky older white girls (i would beat him in Asian girls 99 out of 100 though), but in Colombia I think I have a slight edge as a non-threatening Asian dude wearing jeans and a plain shirt that is oddly out of place. I would give Falcon more edge than the GQ black guy any day.

I'm saying that maybe a better solution is to go to Europe or Brazil bc Colombia is not it (sorry man). The PUA forums are replete with BS and I think thats what that Black GQ guy was reading before he hopped to Colombia, not thinking about the racial lines of Colombia (OH IT EXISTS!!!). He seemed out of place, really, and this was coming from a guy that was the only Asian guy in a 30 block radius. The worst part is he was with his PUA brethren, the white guys that were also in suits, and unlike him, they were pulling major ass. BTW this scene was a New Year's party in a top-floor building, lots of party people.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

mguy wrote:
kai1275 wrote:

The black guy in the club was handsome(no homo) and looked successful. I would say he is better looking that 90% than my friends here. He was wearing the suit vest combo for heavens sake with a nice white-gold chain that hung from his neck. It looked like he came out of a GQ magazine, and it was too much. In the US, he would have out-pulled me especially in an American bar with lots of chunky older white girls (i would beat him in Asian girls 99 out of 100 though), but in Colombia I think I have a slight edge as a non-threatening Asian dude wearing jeans and a plain shirt that is oddly out of place. I would give Falcon more edge than the GQ black guy any day.

I'm saying that maybe a better solution is to go to Europe or Brazil bc Colombia is not it (sorry man). The PUA forums are replete with BS and I think thats what that Black GQ guy was reading before he hopped to Colombia, not thinking about the racial lines of Colombia (OH IT EXISTS!!!). He seemed out of place, really, and this was coming from a guy that was the only Asian guy in a 30 block radius. The worst part is he was with his PUA brethren, the white guys that were also in suits, and unlike him, they were pulling major a**. BTW this scene was a New Year's party in a top-floor building, lots of party people.
Sorry but that is not what a successful black man actually looks like. That sounds like a swag clown. GQ look is usually a tad metrosexual which is what most swaggish looks are based on. Looking slightly effeminate. When you have muscles and dress like that, people think male stripper, player, play man (what Asians call it), or DL Atlanta gay black man. Even Tyler Perry usually dresses better than that, even though he is one of those types.

I could write a diatribe on what a real professional black man would wear, but that isn't really worth anyone's time here. The main point is this: You have to dress to impress appropriately for your audience. A suit in some places/countries may not impress anyone incapable of recognizing the designer or threadcount and quality. Also, most black men would lose out in a room full of tall dreaming looking blue eyed white dudes. Hunting in packs usually favors only the top white guy in an group. I been there and done that myself even. It's best to roll solo with the appropriate stuff. It's amazing the attention you can get from just one item, like a Tag Heuer watch....some comfy looking Cole Hann loafers, Italian made blazers that cost well over 1000 dollars,...etc. etc. but sometimes you do not want to give all that information out. It depends upon the audience. The quality women know it when they see it. I would rather have one 8-10, than 5+ phone numbers from 5-7 women.

"Working the room" is for PUA clowns and top shelf/arrogant white guys. If he was a real player you might not have seen him even putting in his work and succeeding. You said it yourself, these are PUA clowns. PUA is PUA. Nothing more. Nothing new. Game is still game.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

kai1275 wrote: Sorry but that is not what a successful black man actually looks like. That sounds like a swag clown. GQ look is usually a tad metrosexual which is what most swaggish looks are based on. Looking slightly effeminate. When you have muscles and dress like that, people think male stripper, player, play man (what Asians call it), or DL Atlanta gay black man. Even Tyler Perry usually dresses better than that, even though he is one of those types.

I could write a diatribe on what a real professional black man would wear, but that isn't really worth anyone's time here. The main point is this: You have to dress to impress appropriately for your audience. A suit in some places/countries may not impress anyone incapable of recognizing the designer or threadcount and quality. Also, most black men would lose out in a room full of tall dreaming looking blue eyed white dudes. Hunting in packs usually favors only the top white guy in an group. I been there and done that myself even. It's best to roll solo with the appropriate stuff. It's amazing the attention you can get from just one item, like a Tag Heuer watch....some comfy looking Cole Hann loafers, Italian made blazers that cost well over 1000 dollars,...etc. etc. but sometimes you do not want to give all that information out. It depends upon the audience. The quality women know it when they see it. I would rather have one 8-10, than 5+ phone numbers from 5-7 women.

"Working the room" is for PUA clowns and top shelf/arrogant white guys. If he was a real player you might not have seen him even putting in his work and succeeding. You said it yourself, these are PUA clowns. PUA is PUA. Nothing more. Nothing new. Game is still game.
Swag clown? haha!! I've seen some black guys with the white chain on the pockets and suspenders -- PUA toolfucks is what I call these versions of swag clown.

I agree with you on the assessment, black men should never work with white men in hunting missions.

It is also true than how you dress is what you are selling, only if, who is buying is interested. I seldom use any fashion accessory except for a circle pendant that I wear. I almost never game in high class bars in the USA as it is replete with white men (my plumbers night out) and their sharply dressed black friend.

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

mguy wrote:
kai1275 wrote: Sorry but that is not what a successful black man actually looks like. That sounds like a swag clown. GQ look is usually a tad metrosexual which is what most swaggish looks are based on. Looking slightly effeminate. When you have muscles and dress like that, people think male stripper, player, play man (what Asians call it), or DL Atlanta gay black man. Even Tyler Perry usually dresses better than that, even though he is one of those types.

Swag clown? haha!! I've seen some black guys with the white chain on the pockets and suspenders -- PUA toolfucks is what I call these versions of swag clown.

I agree with you on the assessment, black men should never work with white men in hunting missions.

It is also true than how you dress is what you are selling, only if, who is buying is interested. I seldom use any fashion accessory except for a circle pendant that I wear. I almost never game in high class bars in the USA as it is replete with white men (my plumbers night out) and their sharply dressed black friend.
Black men are known for always dressing up too sharp or too much (Stacy Adams, Steve Harvey Suit, random flashy urban gear, True religions, etc). Real ones, won't feed that stereotype. They look suave, plain, but keep 1 or 2 important pieces on. Or they wear high end european fashion that is brand new costing 500-3000 range. Only the wealthier black men I know do it like that, and they are always noticed anywhere we go but not in the same way a swag clown looks, and only women in their league notice, white and black alike.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote: I agree with you on the assessment, black men should never work with white men in hunting missions.
I'm not a big fan of going out with a mixed race group of people to pull girls. I don't think it works out in countries that have strict race categorizations because different girls have different expectations. Mixed group probably doesn't matter in progressive parts of Europe though. If the girls are racist in their preference you either benefit and it looks bad or you just get shut out a lot. If you roll with the same race it's easier to determine interest right off the bat instead of wasting time with a group that's only interested in your friend or you. It's pretty hard to wing if the girl(s) in a group are outright racist too.

I went with a white American friend to Thai clubs and it made us both look like tourists and it wasn't a good thing in general. I also went out with my Italian friend who could speak fluent Thai and the girls he attracted were different as well. I did a double date with him once and his girlfriend's friend obviously had a white farang fetish and wasn't into me all that much. Then another time he came to a party we had with mostly thai-american friends and their thai friends and the middle class girls in our group avoided him because they just looked at him as another farang expat sexmonger.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote: I'm saying that maybe a better solution is to go to Europe or Brazil bc Colombia is not it (sorry man). The PUA forums are replete with BS and I think thats what that Black GQ guy was reading before he hopped to Colombia, not thinking about the racial lines of Colombia (OH IT EXISTS!!!). He seemed out of place, really, and this was coming from a guy that was the only Asian guy in a 30 block radius. The worst part is he was with his PUA brethren, the white guys that were also in suits, and unlike him, they were pulling major a**. BTW this scene was a New Year's party in a top-floor building, lots of party people.
The thing is that a lot of black guys i've seen have tremendous confidence in this regard. I've seen Nigerians gaming in Thai clubs before. They would walk right up to Thai models and flirt with them or dance. They would get some really icy responses 99.9% of the time but it never phased them. They would just go spit game at the young european females the next table over. If that didn't work out they'd bail and go elsewhere. I imagine these guys are machines just hitting up hundreds of girls but i'm sure they find a few that are receptive. Being black in Thailand is a pretty significant negative handicap in this regard but it doesn't deter dudes like this.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Repatriate wrote:
mguy wrote: I agree with you on the assessment, black men should never work with white men in hunting missions.
I'm not a big fan of going out with a mixed race group of people to pull girls. I don't think it works out in countries that have strict race categorizations because different girls have different expectations. Mixed group probably doesn't matter in progressive parts of Europe though. If the girls are racist in their preference you either benefit and it looks bad or you just get shut out a lot. If you roll with the same race it's easier to determine interest right off the bat instead of wasting time with a group that's only interested in your friend or you. It's pretty hard to wing if the girl(s) in a group are outright racist too.

I went with a white American friend to Thai clubs and it made us both look like tourists and it wasn't a good thing in general. I also went out with my Italian friend who could speak fluent Thai and the girls he attracted were different as well. I did a double date with him once and his girlfriend's friend obviously had a white farang fetish and wasn't into me all that much. Then another time he came to a party we had with mostly thai-american friends and their thai friends and the middle class girls in our group avoided him because they just looked at him as another farang expat sexmonger.
LOL! Well said. Going solo removes all the f***ing guessing and saves lots of time. Guys try to use peer pressure to make you go with them by saying you wont do well, but that is bullshit. You can always go together and just never hang out together, work solo alone, and then go home when the night is over, compare notes, etc..
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Repatriate wrote: The thing is that a lot of black guys i've seen have tremendous confidence in this regard. I've seen Nigerians gaming in Thai clubs before. They would walk right up to Thai models and flirt with them or dance. They would get some really icy responses 99.9% of the time but it never phased them. They would just go spit game at the young european females the next table over. If that didn't work out they'd bail and go elsewhere. I imagine these guys are machines just hitting up hundreds of girls but i'm sure they find a few that are receptive. Being black in Thailand is a pretty significant negative handicap in this regard but it doesn't deter dudes like this.
I guess if it works for them. Why not just go somewhere else? Square peg in a round hole.

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Hunting Groups are things women do. Why play into their traps? Break down the system, break down the woman, profit.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Repatriate wrote:
mguy wrote: I'm saying that maybe a better solution is to go to Europe or Brazil bc Colombia is not it (sorry man). The PUA forums are replete with BS and I think thats what that Black GQ guy was reading before he hopped to Colombia, not thinking about the racial lines of Colombia (OH IT EXISTS!!!). He seemed out of place, really, and this was coming from a guy that was the only Asian guy in a 30 block radius. The worst part is he was with his PUA brethren, the white guys that were also in suits, and unlike him, they were pulling major a**. BTW this scene was a New Year's party in a top-floor building, lots of party people.
The thing is that a lot of black guys i've seen have tremendous confidence in this regard. I've seen Nigerians gaming in Thai clubs before. They would walk right up to Thai models and flirt with them or dance. They would get some really icy responses 99.9% of the time but it never phased them. They would just go spit game at the young european females the next table over. If that didn't work out they'd bail and go elsewhere. I imagine these guys are machines just hitting up hundreds of girls but i'm sure they find a few that are receptive. Being black in Thailand is a pretty significant negative handicap in this regard but it doesn't deter dudes like this.
Very very few Nigerians succeed like that. Most dress like last years swag catalog, wack haircuts usually, fake gucci and LV shoes/shirts, etc. You can even tell when they are Nigerian-FOB just by looking at them, even before they open their mouths. I see some of them in Guangzhou and I struggle to keep my laughs muffled. Only those guys from the Congo are worse.

An African without an African accent can be as successful as a non-African, but they have to make sure they do the other small things well too, like learning the language, well dressed, good manners, know the culture, etc.

All men would be better, especially HA forum posters, if they had short memory after a rejection like those guys had...
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

kai1275 wrote:
Very very few Nigerians succeed like that. Most dress like last years swag catalog, wack haircuts usually, fake gucci and LV shoes/shirts, etc. You can even tell when they are Nigerian-FOB just by looking at them, even before they open their mouths. I see some of them in Guangzhou and I struggle to keep my laughs muffled. Only those guys from the Congo are worse.

An African without an African accent can be as successful as a non-African, but they have to make sure they do the other small things well too, like learning the language, well dressed, good manners, know the culture, etc.

All men would be better, especially HA forum posters, if they had short memory after a rejection like those guys had...
Yeah it doesn't seem to work most of the time but i've seen them pick up backpacker girls before so it does work on some women. I've also seen Nigerians with Thai girls before too so it's not totally unheard of. I think for these guys it's 100% a hardcore numbers game.

Most Africans in Thailand are in the precious stones business or they are straight up dealing drugs for some cartel. Thai law enforcement obviously gets paid off but i'm not sure how the system works with these guys.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Nigerian approach machines in Thailand. Who would have thought? Thanks for that repatriate.