The energy of Colombia!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

The energy of Colombia!

Post by publicduende »

Just thought about sharing a video from one of my favourite Latino artists, Carlos Vives. Every time I listen to this particular song, I just can't help thinking of the the simplicity, the joy and and the warmth of Colombian people. For all the problems they have, they do know how to enjoy life and give you a big, sincere smile. And that's without even mentioning the young ladies... :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ILgwBc ... ure=fvwrel[/youtube]

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

I just can't help thinking of the the simplicity, the joy and and the warmth of Colombian people. For all the problems they have, they do know how to enjoy life and give you a big, sincere smile.
I had a chat with a girl from Medellin about an hour ago and we talked about this same topic. I told her I found Colombia to be "un pais muy chevere". The people are very warm and friendly. Especially in Cartagena. I definitely want to go back.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

I love Colombia. It's once of the places I may move to.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarkDY wrote:I love Colombia. It's once of the places I may move to.
Yup, can't wait to visit Colombia and hopefully some other areas of Latin America this coming December.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Colombia is world-famous for its catchy music. Cumbias colombianas are must-listens! :D

Lisandro Meza

Aniceto Molina

American music, on the other hand, often sounds angry or depressed. :evil:
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I think Colombia is an undiscovered gold mine but it would be similar to Brazil in that it's such a cool and unique culture that the ladies would never want to leave for good reason (let's call it the complete opposite of Phils where everybody wants to leave). You'd be best served to learn some Spanish and if you were willing to move down there I think skys the limit. Colombian women are probably top 5 for the world's prettiest women.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Falcon wrote:Colombia is world-famous for its catchy music. Cumbias colombianas are must-listens! :D

[snip]

American music, on the other hand, often sounds angry or depressed. :evil:
This is a theme that is being well dissected by music critics and sociologists in the Anglosphere. To put it short, modern music as it developed in the Anglosphere has been a vehicle of social protest, or dissent against the establishment, or the decay of (post)industrial societies. No surprise the most flourishing indie rock and metal bands in England came from small dormitory towns or large industrial centres in full decline (in the 70s/80s, at least): Manchester, Birmingham, etc.

Latino music, which has European roots, comes from totally different traditions, which trace back to the old troubadours (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubadour) of the 11th century. Most of their repertoire were sung poetry about love - love lost, love found, love betrayed, love contemplated...you get me :) If you listen to the lyrics of most cumbias, salsas, vallenatos, all the classical ones, they seem to all have one single theme...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I love cumbia. Didn't know it was about love though.

Always seems like someone's about to get killed.

But you can dance to it. ;)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Heard this Colombian song played quite often in Guatemala.

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

it's all about this song

i heart it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inySMqgPRYc
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

colombia is like a second brazil minus the tourists...... a non colombian guy in colombia can score VERY VERY EASY
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

A lively, energetic Colombian cumbia / merengue concert in Guatemala

chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

I am a HUGE fan of cumbia. Most of the cumbia songs I know are Peruvian and Chilean. Here are some of my favorites:

Chilean/Peruvian:

Peruvian:

Last edited by chibolo on October 26th, 2014, 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Songs linked, thanks!!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."