Miss Ukraine 2010

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Miss Ukraine 2010

Post by have2fly »

I thought you guys would find it interesting to see what Ukrainian beauty contest looks like. It was held in Kiev and apparently Pamela Anderson was invited as a guest.

The only thing that is different for this beauty contest - girls like that are all over in Ukraine. They are around you everyday everywhere you go, swim, fly or drive... It is truly amazing...Makes me SO proud that I am 100% Ukrainian. Our girls are the best in the world...

More pics here:

http://lenta.ru/photo/2010/09/06/miss/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I was in the Crimea this May/June and was traveling around with an 18 year old gal who looks like Ivanka Trump. Such girls are out of the league of Beverly Hills attorneys even, if they are in the US. And I am 50 and we were hanging out. We never had sex or anything, just hanging out mostly. The girl must have had an IQ of 150, so smart and could talk on so many topics. We went to the beach, and she got undressed and lay down, pulled up her panties so that they would mostly end up in the buttock crack- she wanted to get a suntan on her cheeks, then she unzipped her bra. I was freaking out but no one even looked at her. And this is no floozie, she is a sports trainer and will not be getting a degree in PE training and athletics. But she had a golden chain in sticking out of her navel and wore a bright red miniskirt. And she was a decent girl, it is just how the Ukrainian girls like it- they dress like what Americans would see as streetwalkers, but in Ukraine it is normal. No one would make a pass at her or even give her a second look. In the US she could have been yelled at by fat feminists, and propositioned by men and/or even arrested for indecent
exposure.

We went to Sevastopol and there was a park with another girl who was selling phone cards on the street. She was even more beautiful than the 'Ivanka". I kind of forgot myself and said- "hmm such a pretty girl selling cards". My companion was visibly displeased by this - she did not want me to look at other girls or talk to them and she whisked me away.

Girls in Ukraine rock, but I am so used to Filipinas by now.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

It looks like the girls in Ukraine put American women to shame! It's incredible how many good looking guys in the US are dating butt-ugly women! :shock: Hell, I even see guys who are in great shape dating women who look like human whale shit! :lol:

50% of women in the USA are overweight and 33% are obese. Christ on a bicycle! It sucks being a man in the US! The good looking women who are in shape are getting hit on by guys left and right, so the women can afford to be picky about who they date. Also, under the age of 40, single men far outnumber single women, so there is even MORE competition for the women in America.

America has to have one of the worst dating scenes for men IN THE WORLD! :shock:
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

jamesbond wrote:America has to have one of the worst dating scenes for men IN THE WORLD! :shock:
We had some great weather over Labor Day weekend here in Seattle. I spend a few days enjoying walking around downtown Seattle with my wife.

After quite a bit of people watching, I am flabergasted at the appearance of the average 16-25 year old woman these days. My god, they all walk around with their Starbucks Venti vanilla mochas and generally pollute my eyeballs! These girls have figures of 50 year old women! It's flat out disgusting!!!

Once you start whittling down the fatties, lezbos, femnazis and princesses, there isn't a whole lot of quality women left! I feel sorry for single guys in the States!

Just made me appreciate my lovely, charming, slender Filipina wife all the much more!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

pete98146 wrote:
jamesbond wrote: After quite a bit of people watching, I am flabergasted at the appearance of the average 16-25 year old woman these days. My god, they all walk around with their Starbucks Venti vanilla mochas and generally pollute my eyeballs! These girls have figures of 50 year old women! It's flat out disgusting!!!
Yeah that's what it boils down to..the quality is extremely low and rare in America. To be fair I have met some American women who had a great demeanor and were also attractive but they were snatched up fast or were in really long term relationships.

What it boils down to is that America is a great place to buy cheap real estate these days and invest smartly but it's a pretty abysmal place socially and as time goes by maybe even economically.

There's a lot of American men out there who don't see this. I do think if even 50% of American men realized what was overseas that it would dramatically shift the U.S. social scene and standards a lot. It would also create an enormous U.S. expat community with foreign wives. :lol:
chekhov
Freshman Poster

Post by chekhov »

Bullshit. "Best girls in the world." Hah! Hah! They are wannabes--wannabe Paris Hiltons wannabe Lady Gagas! It is Ameri-cunts turned inside out! Every post I read about the harsh and conniving and scam nature of them is true....OK, I don't blame the woman solely for their situation, and really, they are not "wannabees..." If you want to see the real thing come to Ukraine! Oh, shit, I wish I were not writing this, but, this place....Life is complex; and I do not want to slander the people--at all. And on this forum, I appreciate a lot of the voices contained herein...But my experience right now is pretty bad, and to tell you the truth, give me America!
I feel bad writing this. I had more hopes coming here--teaching Engish, living in Kyiv...There are authentic people--I think the best authenticity is getting f***ed-up: everything else is the wheel of samsara--including the vodka! Hell no!! Maybe I am wrong--but Winston had a hard time with Russia, the scams. I am with you, though, Winston, and appreciate you, but f**k--Slavics? Should I just post this and say 'f**k it,' and go back to America? I hate it. Trust these bitches, yeah right! Hah! I guess I am just not one of the ones who did not make it abroad. Oh,well. Maybe I came to the wrong country. Oh, well...
chekhov
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

chekhov wrote:Bullshit. "Best girls in the world." Hah! Hah! They are wannabes--wannabe Paris Hiltons wannabe Lady Gagas! It is Ameri-cunts turned inside out! Every post I read about the harsh and conniving and scam nature of them is true....OK, I don't blame the woman solely for their situation, and really, they are not "wannabees..." If you want to see the real thing come to Ukraine! Oh, shit, I wish I were not writing this, but, this place....Life is complex; and I do not want to slander the people--at all. And on this forum, I appreciate a lot of the voices contained herein...But my experience right now is pretty bad, and to tell you the truth, give me America!
I feel bad writing this. I had more hopes coming here--teaching Engish, living in Kyiv...There are authentic people--I think the best authenticity is getting f***ed-up: everything else is the wheel of samsara--including the vodka! Hell no!! Maybe I am wrong--but Winston had a hard time with Russia, the scams. I am with you, though, Winston, and appreciate you, but f**k--Slavics? Should I just post this and say 'f**k it,' and go back to America? I hate it. Trust these bitches, yeah right! Hah! I guess I am just not one of the ones who did not make it abroad. Oh,well. Maybe I came to the wrong country. Oh, well...
Sorry about your culture shock. I would give it some time and then maybe you should come out here to the Philippines. Also, you are in Kiev and you probably do not know the people and do not speak the two languages of Ukraine, am I right? Please tell me more about the situation.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Bullshit. "Best girls in the world." Hah! Hah! They are wannabes--wannabe Paris Hiltons wannabe Lady Gagas!
So aren't they good looking? By being the "best" in the beauty contest - usually looks is what matters most and that's what I meant. However, to me Ukrainian girls are very faithful, tender, romantic and feminine. Too bad you get hooked on whores, I had an amazing getting laid and dating experience with about 40-50 Ukrainian girls during my life in the USA, most of them were Work and Travel students, some of them were living in the USA for a long time.

As far as "wannabes" - what do you expect out of naive young girls? Of course, they search for some inspiration and unfortunately they find it in pop American culture that is dumped on everyone all over the world!
If you want to see the real thing come to Ukraine!
I left Ukraine about 10 years ago, not much changed since then. Yea, by the way, 2 weeks ago I drove a female Work and Travel student (she lives in Kiev) to Chicago because she was going back to Ukraine and we decided to spend a few days together. So we hit a Russian nightclub in Chicago suburbs, got a bit drunk and when we got to the hotel we had some awesome sex. And wow, I can't be completely sure, but it seemed like she was a virgin in her 20 years of age. Needless to say, she was very good looking with long legs and pretty face.
Every post I read about the harsh and conniving and scam nature of them is true...
Ahhhhhhhh! Here is the problem - you are being used? :) Welcome to the reality! I just spent a weekend with a Russian girl from Cheboksary city, she did not even want to kiss me, but wanted to have drinks on me all night and other entertainment. Well, after 2 nights I said enough! If she is hard to get then she could at least say "thank you", but she did not. So it means she is just a gold-digger. And there are many of them out there! What did you expect? That every Ukrainian girl will be pleasant and nice? That they will love you "for free"? It is not that easy. You also have to learn the culture, the values and types of women that live there. I mean that's why they are different - because they are NOT American!
but f**k--Slavics? Should I just post this and say 'f**k it,' and go back to America? I hate it.
Too bad. I can say the same about American women, but I can't leave the country yet. Actually, I am proud of being Slavic and I respect and like Serbian and other Slavic nations. Of course, you can go back to America and have your routine lifestyle again. Making a living in Ukraine is not easy at all. But also you have to understand that you live in Kiev. Have you been to any smaller cities? Do you have any good Ukrainian friends? Have you made any attempts to invite guests or cook food at your place? Are you actually able to differentiate between "decent people" and "gold-diggers" in Ukraine? Do you know how to behave? Do you know what to ask? Do you know how to properly communicate? Do you know what social classes are out there? Do you know what Ukrainian girls want to hear? Do you know how to treat Ukrainian girls? Do you understand that you have to be careful and not waste your money on first whore that goes your way? I mean, would you waste your money on fat white trash bitch in the USA? Well, in Ukraine similar classes of "low" women exist as well, but guess what? They don't look like "white trash", they look like other women around you. So you gotta have some social skills to understand who is in front of you.

Of course it is easier for me because I grew up in Ukraine, but I also understand challenges Americans face because I had to face many challenges upon my arrival to America and during first 2 years I wanted to go back to Ukraine badly. Then I adjusted. Now I adjusted to a point of understanding that my desire of leaving America in the first place was actually justified correctly :)
Last edited by have2fly on September 15th, 2010, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I went to Ukraine as a teenager and after Russia ( where I grew up) it was a culture shock. These two nations are different. Ukrainian girls are basically Cossack daughters and they have high self esteem. They do not take sh1t from guys like Russian girls are wont to do. There are many good guys in Ukraine, too. The girls are used to being courted and do not jump on guys. And you need to know the culture and build a social network, go to parties, throw parties, and hang around a bit. Personally I do not know how Western guys can handle life there without speaking the language and not knowing the local culture. Not trying to get into art circles, poetry circles, university circles. This requires knowing at least Russian. Black African guys who live there and Arabs make inroads and learn the language and do things on local terms. Why can't Americans do the same? Like try to integrate/assimilate? Also, go to lamine.ru and do a search on Ukraine. 9000 girls among the recent posters whom you can email for free. I got two dates in different cities with 18 and then 22 year olds. I was 49 at the time. Anyone can do that.
No girls were in Kiev. Most people consider Kievites to be stuck up anyway. I was in Luhansk and it was a different world. Semi rural and nice. The people were great.
I say hang around, chill out and invest some time. And Kiev is a bad place to start.
I have made similar mistakes with San Juan Puerto Rico, Tokyo Japan and Bangkok.
As far as getting scammed, well, welcome to an emigre's life! In America, when I first arrived, I got scammed all the time and when I complained and told others, I was called all kinds of names- dumbass, idiot, naive foreigner, etc., until I learned how to avoid those scams. Ukrainian guys do not get scammed and Americans generally do not get scammed in their own country. Cause they know a scam when they see it.
How is your Russian by the way? Can you carry on a conversation? Like poeple who go and live in the US are expected to learn the language of the country if they want to be treated fairly. Are you speaking Russian and Ukrainian now? Are you learning them? Are you reading books on the local culture, values and ways of life? Family traditions? How to behave? How well do you know the local mores and are you asking local guys how to do things? Do you know local ways of courting/meeting people. Or are you trying to do things the American way 8000 miles way from America?
Or have you been influenced by Tom Cruise and Matt Damon or Transporter/James Bond movies in which girls beg English speaking guys to take them home?
Here in the Philippines I am speaking Filipino to people and try and do as locals do. Eat, dress, behave, talk, court girls, etc. The girls that I am attrcting now are no longer gold diggers but still lots of damsels in distress. It is a step up and I am patient.

Btw, are you a member of the http://www.Expatua.com

Lots of expats to ask advice from.
Last edited by ladislav on September 15th, 2010, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

I don't get scammed on this planet anymore. I guess some guys have street smarts and some don't. I suppose you can learn it, with time. But that takes experience.