Differences between Russian and Ukrainian Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Differences between Russian and Ukrainian Women

Post by ladislav »

http://www.venets.com/ukrainianwomen.html
For the majority of foreigners Russian and Ukrainian people are all the same. Well, they do share a lot in common – in Slavic origin, cultures and history. Many Ukrainian people live in Russia and many Russians live in Ukraine. But as many characteristics and customs of Canadians are different from those of Americans, so do Ukrainians differ from Russians.

If we look back to the history of Ukraine, we will see that it became a part of the Russian State only in the middle of the 17th century. By that time Ukrainian people were heavily influenced by Polish, Lithuanian and Turkish cultures & traditions. They had also created a unique and rather democratic community of “free warriors� – “Cossacks," who protected and defended Ukraine’s borders. All these factors shaped the national Ukrainian character into a more westernized and free-spirited people than Russians.

Ukraine is blessed with an extraordinarily beautiful nature, mild climate and “chernozem� - black soil - which is very fertile and produces a high quality agricultural yield. It also gave people who lives in this land of beauty and natural abundance very unique qualities – poetic souls, warm hearts, an understanding of beauty and … a little bit of laziness.

Even the Ukrainian language sounds milder, more musical and poetic than the Russian language. And a significantly disproportionate number of well-known “Russian� singers and musicians have Ukrainian names and heritage.

So, talking about the difference between Russian and Ukrainian women, I want to point out that in general you will find that Ukrainian women are:
More independent and free-spirited. Many of them have a part of “Cossack� spirit or blood in them. The downside of this feature is that they have less patience than Russian women and a more excitable temperament. So if you are not a control freak and don’t mind having a good skirmish on occasion, a Ukrainian woman can be a good choice for you.
More self-centered and self-reliant. They like to be in charge and make their own decisions. Traditionally, women in Ukrainian families are responsible for budgeting and decision-making. The majority of them are also the great “motivational and leading force� for their Ukrainian husbands who, sometimes, are famous for being somewhat lazy. And therein lies the primary reason why Ukrainian women are more self reliant and forceful than their Russian sisters.
More practical. Russians are famous for being dreamers and not as practical and will gravitate to spiritual values over material acquisitions. Ukrainians value the good life. They want the best and they try to create a little prosperous heaven in their homes. Ukrainians women are usually very thrifty housekeepers and excellent cooks and they are rather demanding that their husbands be good providers. Some men don’t mind it, but some may feel this as an unreasonable pressure or greediness.
Don’t have too much respect for authority and rules. They say that a traditional Ukrainian character is somewhat anarchistic and rebellious. So most likely your Ukrainian wife will have a mind of her own and will find her own way to do things even if she verbally agrees with your opinion.
In general, Ukrainian women are warmer, more sensual and more energetic than Russian women. Sometimes it is more difficult to deal with Ukrainian women because of their high temperament and demands. If a Russian woman may feel special love and tenderness for a “loser� and treat him as a “sick child," a Ukrainian woman will most likely prefer a man who will be a strong provider for their family and reject an unsuccessful one. But just as their Russian sisters, Ukrainian women are deeply family oriented and will invest a lot of effort to keep their families strong and happy.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

In general would a Russian or Ukrainian women be better for a man that wants a less materialistic, warmhearted, compassionate, dreamy, idealist, more spiritual, and more submissive bride? I know Russian women also live in Ukraine but are not ethnically Ukrainian. Would the Russian women in Ukraine be like ethnic Russians living in Russia, or would they have characteristics of both cultures?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Russians in Ukraine are kind of in between. They did adopt some Ukrainian customs. They are also the friendliest people there. Most Americans who go to meet Ukrainian women in Ukraine basically end up marrying ethnic Russians living there.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Just found this thread and wanted to give it a bump.

On another thread, I asked Lad the same question that Tsar asked here.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Sounds like russian women are better. Which one is more sexually aggressive?

Are balkans or romanians more like russians or ukranians in regards to personality?
Greek kamaki
Freshman Poster

Post by Greek kamaki »

The main difference is that Russian women are way smarter than Ukrainian ones.Russian women mostly live in big cities while Ukrainina ones mostly live in villages.This reflexts in their behaviour.Russian are way more cosmopolitan,artistic,pleasant etc they can really make the male feel super.Ukrainians are only good in boob sex but they are much more easy than Russian ones(no sophistication is needed only the sound of coin).
MinnieMarsh
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by MinnieMarsh »

Greek kamaki wrote:The main difference is that Russian women are way smarter than Ukrainian ones.Russian women mostly live in big cities while Ukrainina ones mostly live in villages.This reflexts in their behaviour.Russian are way more cosmopolitan,artistic,pleasant etc they can really make the male feel super.Ukrainians are only good in breast sex but they are much more easy than Russian ones(no sophistication is needed only the sound of coin).
You are not right at all. Most of russian population are living in villages. There are just 5-10 big cities, centers of civilization. They are just looking for money, that's why Moscow is full of Caucasians and other. My brother is married on Ukrainian girl and she is very smart, that's why i know what i am talking about. He find her on dating site https://katedating.com and they are together for 3 years.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Differences between Russian and Ukrainian Women

Post by Wolfeye »

Just came across this thread & want to know more. Maybe a comparison of the two cultures in the broader sense? I'm Ukrainian & a lot of these things apply to me, but I think I might be a little more Russian in terms of not being as gravitated to material things. At the very least, I figure the other stuff is what makes that stuff important- quality of life making survival (and, thus, survival things) important.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: Differences between Russian and Ukrainian Women

Post by GoingAwol »

Minnie Marsh,
Huh? Where are you getting your information? Russia has a population of 143 million or so (Less than half of the population of the U.S) and has 12 cities with a population of a million or more versus the 10 cities with a population of 1 million or more in the U.S. Moscow has a population of around 12 million people and St. Petersburg has a population of around 5 million. So a good chunk of Russia's population is living in those two cities alone! That's not even taking into account the other 10 cities in Russia that have populations of over a million people. Furthermore, there are a number of other cities that have populations just under a million (900,000, 800,000 etc.) So yes....... Most Russian people are living in big cities.