Anyone have experience in the Russian military?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone have experience in the Russian military?

Post by Yohan »

Shemp wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 2:45 am
..... best thing is for USA to back out, tell Ukraine to give up the southeast (under Minsk accord, they were only asked to give regional autonomy to all regions without losing territory, but now they will lose territory because of their obstinace...
There is hardly a reason for USA/NATO and other USA-friendly countries 'to back out' - why should they do this?

A military weak and financially poor Russia is only good for them all, and so far, Russia lost around 60.000 men in combat, dead or severely wounded, more than 10.000 vehicles of any kind are destroyed or even taken by the Ukrainians, repaired and now used against the Russian invader, more than 400 aircrafts and helicopters were lost....

The conditions about a peace talk are clear from Ukraine and also fully supported by NATO - all Russian military out of Ukraine from all territories.

Putin and his ilk made a very serious miscalculation - expecting that more than 40 million Ukrainians will surrender within 3 days and accept a new 'Ukrainian government' fully controlled by Russia. However the Ukrainians decided to fight back and found a lot of support from Western countries about all and everything - political support, delivery of weapons, medical help, assistance with refugees.

Western Europe is in an alarming condition - not because of Ukraine, but about which country will be next after Ukraine surrenders to Russia. - Moldovia for sure, the small Baltic countries for sure, but Russia was also threatening Finland and Sweden with military actions, and this is totally unacceptable.
Current war is a disaster for Ukraine
It's also a disaster for Russia.
Worst outcome is if Russia and China join forces against the USA.
China is not unhappy to see a weak Russian military. Why should China like the idea of a strong Russia?

China is considered by Western countries to be 'dangerous' but not stupid. The Chinese government is not doing anything which might harm China seriously in the future. The Chinese government thinks only about China and is not interested 'to join' Russia. To join Russia for what?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Yohan wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 4:26 am
Western Europe is in an alarming condition - not because of Ukraine, but about which country will be next after Ukraine surrenders to Russia. - Moldovia for sure, the small Baltic countries for sure, but Russia was also threatening Finland and Sweden with military actions, and this is totally unacceptable.
If Russia can't conquer Ukraine, how the hell can they conquer the rest of Europe? This is just paranoia. Meanwhile, the European economy is being wrecked and Ukraine is being completely wrecked. I don't care about Russia being wrecked or not, other than side effects.
Yohan wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 4:26 am
Why should China like the idea of a strong Russia.... The Chinese government thinks only about China and is not interested 'to join' Russia. To join Russia for what?
You idiot. The danger is not that China joins Russia but that Russia "joins" China, meaning Russia gives China unlimited access to Russian energy and other raw materials in exchange for manufactured goods. China backed by Russia is in a position to dominate the world. Of course the Chinese think only about China. That's the problem. Everyone thinks about themself first. If China can dominate the world (with Russian help), you can be damned sure the Chinese will take advantage of this power, precisely because they think only of themself, to the detriment of the USA and its allies.

The Chinese may not be stupid like the Russians, but smart and powerful is just as bad or worse than stupid and powerful. Smart and powerful Chinese will surely rearrange the whole system to benefit China at everyone else's expense. USA benefits enormously from being number 1, and being reduced to number 2 by a Chinese/Russian combination would be a disaster for the USA.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Shemp wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 8:05 am
If Russia can't conquer Ukraine, how the hell can they conquer the rest of Europe? This is just paranoia.

You idiot. The danger is not that China joins Russia but that Russia "joins" China...

If China can dominate the world (with Russian help)...

..... USA benefits enormously from being number 1, and being reduced to number 2 by a Chinese/Russian combination would be a disaster for the USA.
You are living in a fantasy world, Shemp.

It is not 'paranoia' to consider Russia and its present leadership as a serious threat to Europe.

The only solution I see is to continue to assist Ukraine to make the Russians moving back to their own large country.
A military weak Russia is only good for Europe.

China does not need Russian help. There is hardly any country which benefits because of Russian 'help' - more the opposite is true and China knows it.

China is more interested in the South China Sea, in gaining control over Taiwan, into invading Anuchal Pradesh (a large piece of land in India) which China calls South Tibet (for gaining access directly to the Indian Ocean by creating a corridor), even into keeping control of North Korea... simply said Chinese policy is much more into controlling wide areas in Far East and South East Asia.

Do not expect that China will help Russia in any form, even not politically as we have seen it with the last voting in the UN meetings.
shiro2142
Freshman Poster

Post by shiro2142 »

After hearing everyone's perspective, like Have2fly's and others, I have decided that joining the Russian Army may be a conflict of interest. I am a recent Catholic convert and NATO is full of Catholic nations. I just was brainstorming a way to get out of the US but it may have been unfounded. Thank you very much for everyone's input.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

shiro2142 wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 11:05 am
I am a recent Catholic convert and NATO is full of Catholic nations.
NATO and the Catholic church hierarchy clearly represent Satanism, so if you converted to something akin to traditional Catholicism rather than Satanism, that would be all the more reason to want to fight against them.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

shiro2142 wrote:
After hearing everyone's perspective, like Have2fly's and others, I have decided that joining the Russian Army may be a conflict of interest. I am a recent Catholic convert and NATO is full of Catholic nations. I just was brainstorming a way to get out of the US but it may have been unfounded. Thank you very much for everyone's input.
I am not Catholic or even Christian. If that is your faith then fair enough, but NATO do not represent the same values as you. If you want to leave America then that is good, but not to fight someone else's war.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 11:29 am
Joining the losing side would be foolish either way
Maybe Globo-homo has something up their sleeve. They always have in the past. However, so far it has just been one humiliation after another. Of course they may all be in it together, but it does seem that at least as it is currently being portrayed, Russia is serving as a counterbalance to the pure, naked, unmitigated evil that is the modern West and is winning.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 11:29 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 11:22 am
shiro2142 wrote:
I am not Catholic or even Christian. If that is your faith then fair enough, but NATO do not represent the same values as you. If you want to leave America then that is good, but not to fight someone else's war.
This war has nothing to do with "values" anyway. Its strictly geopolitics. NATO has no values and neither does Putin's Russia. Its all 100% a matter of competing interests. Joining the losing side would be foolish either way. Why die for NATO, or for the wealth of Jewish Russian oligarchs? Both options are equally moronic.
Yes, I agree with you. @shiro2142 said he changed his mind because NATO has Catholic nations and fighting for Russia is a conflict of interest. I was pointing out that I don't think Shiro should be fighting anyone's war. NATO don't give a shit about Catholicism and they are just as evil as Putin. @Cornfed suggested they might all be in it together and I think that is the case. So the elites can push up prices and implement the Great Reset when everyone is forced into destitution and has to rely on the Government to survive.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 16th, 2022, 3:03 pm
have2fly wrote:
October 16th, 2022, 2:58 pm
Wow. It feels like I just watched Russian government TV channel. You just repeated every Russian propaganda garbage here. Replacing American imperialism with Russian imperialism is not going to improve anything, but you are too dumb to see it.
If you replace American imperialism with Russian imperialism, all you get is:

1. Even more Jews running things behind the scenes
2. Everything is now more badly run, more disorganized and more corrupt
3. You will no longer even have the illusion of "getting a say" through voting; the same dude will just run the show for decades until he keels over or f***s up so badly someone offs him, leaving the country in ruins

It doesn't sound much better, really. Oh, wait, no, it's MUCH better because in Russian imperialism there's... less gays, I guess? So it's still somewhat of a win. Women will still be materialistic harpies though, only you won't be able to buy them shit and keep up with their needs, since the economy is shit. Rich Saudi or Chinese men will just get all the hot ones and you're lucky to get some babushka.

Yay... a true paradise, to be sure. :roll:
Is this an antisemitic forum? Its owner is Taiwanese American
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

I like Jewish people. I like Google, Facebook, silicon valley, etc all created by Jewish people. Your past 3 American presidents got a huge Jewish backing though from different sides but still Jewish
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

For all trump lovers, his daughter Ivanka changed to Judaism for her husband Jared. Obama was known to be nicknamed the black Jewish president due to his backers. Biden, well that's a bigger mess will admit that one. I'm also pro Israel
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jackfruits wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 12:25 pm
I like Jewish people. I like Google, Facebook, silicon valley, etc all created by Jewish people. Your past 3 American presidents got a huge Jewish backing though from different sides but still Jewish
Eh, most original code was written by white people. The Jews just use their control of the monetary system to take over things, whereby everything turns to shit. Of course American presidents are in thrall to the Jews, which explains why they are traitors who belong on the gallows.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

have2fly wrote:
October 17th, 2022, 12:01 am
Thank you Yohan. I have to say I always like reading your posts since you sound mature, experienced and aware. When I visited Austria a few years ago, I was shocked to see a huge WWII monument portraying Russian soldiers with Russian language downtown Vienna thanking them for liberty from Nazi Germany. I could not believe it! It should've been taken down long time ago. Russian soldiers just replaced Nazi occupation with Russian occupation.

It was such a taboo topic to discuss that Russian soldiers were rapists and murderers, all of those countries they "liberated" suffered through outrageous war crimes. In fact, many older Ukrainians that survived German Nazi occupation claimed that German Nazi soldiers were much more orderly and respectful than Russian soldiers that "liberated" Ukraine. I absolutely believe it now after seeing what I saw since 2014. Russia is a ruthless monster that drowns the world in lies and propaganda, corrupting governments and looting other countries.
@have2fly

Thank you too, have2fly, for posting openly your opinion, I agree with you. Very realistic comment from you.

Despite not living in Austria anymore since more than 40 years, I know of course about what you are talking, I was walking by in that centrally located area within Vienna many many times...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Wa ... l_(Vienna)

Вечная слава героям Красной Армии, павшим в боях с немецко-фашистскими захватчиками за свободу и независимость народов Европы
(Eternal glory to the heroes of the Red Army, who fell in battle with the German fascist invaders for the freedom and independence of the peoples of Europe)

-----

https://www.virtualvienna.net/the-fount ... -monument/

The fountain in front of the monument has a different story however, and the equestrian statue in front of the fountain too.

This area with the Schwarzenberg palace behind is now a sightseeing spot, including this Russian monument (even visited by Putin in 2007)

-----

The sad question which was better, to be occupied by German Nazi soldiers or 'liberated' by impoverished and uneducated Russian soldiers who turned out as nothing else but a wild mob of drunk vandals, rapists, looters, even murderers - I was still a small child in Eastern Austria - but everybody (= everybody, no exception, both men and women) who was older than me and living in the Russian occupied zone later told me the time up to 1945 under Hitler was still better than the time past 1945 under Stalin.

Around 1945 human life had no value, regardless if German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc...regardless if man, woman or children.

Hitler was anything else but a saint, but Stalin was nothing better for sure...

Best known is the Rape Of Berlin WW2 where German women suffered the largest mass rape in history

What we read now about Ukraine, It seems Russia did not learn anything ...

It is bizarre, but Russian brainwashed young soldiers really believed they will be welcome with flowers as liberators and war heros when they were starting to invade Ukraine liberating it from the 'Jews' and otherwise 'Nazis'. They were horrified to find such a harsh resistance, they did not expect that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Tsar wrote:
October 16th, 2022, 3:28 pm
Russia has much better divorce laws than the United States from what I have read many times. Men have much better protections.
Men are better protected in Russia? I am not so sure about that.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -line.html

Fathers who fail to pay child maintenance in Russia are being sent to Ukrainian front line:
Mothers, led by glamour model military pin-up, are telling enlistment officers who to go after, according to Kremlin mouthpiece

One city, Sochi, is reportedly responding to pressure from aggrieved mothers
Men are being swept up for dodging payments and are being sent to the front
Money to pay alimony is taken from their military earnings - or family compensation if they are killed in action - and sent to the mother of their children

One mother - Dana Borisova, a former Playboy model and Russian army pin-up - is demanding a call-up for her own ex-husband whom she is in a dispute with
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 2:02 pm
Jackfruits wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 12:21 pm
Is this an antisemitic forum? Its owner is Taiwanese American
Any forum that has "truthers" in it will be antisemitic to some degree. Personally I just find it amusing to see people who hate Jews backing Russia when Russia's lead by rich Jews. The whole thing is just hilarious to me.
Yes probably about 80%+ of oligarchs are Jewish :D