Armenia or Russia for expatriation and wife?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Armenia or Russia for expatriation and wife?

Post by willymonfrete »

I am a convert to orthodoxy and am looking for a orthodox pious environment to live in as well as a wife to fulfill Christian matrimony and children. My question how does one find women in which avenues in these countries? should I try by best luck at a local church in these countries?
Im about 6.5 on the looks scale

when I ask how to find women in these countries, I mean which avenues outside of online dating are socially acceptable avenues to ask women out with the intention of a relationship?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Armenia or russia for expatriation and wife?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The Orthodoxy of Armenia is quite different from that of Russia.

Armenians are Gregorian Orthodox which is part of the Oriental Orthodoxy like Syrian, Coptic, and Ethiopian Orthodox.

Russians are part of the Eastern Orthodox Tradition which is more "European" based such as Greek, Georgian, Serbian, etc.

Armenia for expatriation is basically one city, Yerevan, as the rest of the country is relatively rural, backward-thinking, and undeveloped for the taste of a westerner. Yerevan is quite small, and it is often inundated with Armenian-Americans in the summer who go back to enjoy their homeland but bring their raunchy obnoxiousness to the population.

Armenian women are wonderful and family oriented, but they are an acquired taste. They look somewhat Greek, or Latin or Arabic in some cases. You will not find natural blondes there, and you should be partial to the darker, olive skin tones that prevail.

Russian women range from blonde to brunette, and some are Jewish, some Tatar, some Caucasus Muslim, and some are from Central Asia and other former Soviet countries. They are reputed to be quite demanding and selfish, but some regions have a lack of young men so that might not be the case always. Speaking of men, they would likely be your biggest problem as the poor loser ones (most) are often nationalistic and racist and would not be nice to you or worse. Also, Russia is so huge that each region likely has its own cultural and behavioral differences that I would not be able to comment on.

I would advise you to set your sights on Ukraine, Kiev specifically where you have women who are pretty and a culture less hostile to men like you coming in to live or find a wife.

Good luck.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 3rd, 2017, 7:16 am
The Orthodoxy of Armenia is quite different from that of Russia.

Armenians are Gregorian Orthodox which is part of the Oriental Orthodoxy like Syrian, Coptic, and Ethiopian Orthodox.

Russians are part of the Eastern Orthodox Tradition which is more "European" based such as Greek, Georgian, Serbian, etc.

Armenia for expatriation is basically one city, Yerevan, as the rest of the country is relatively rural, backward-thinking, and undeveloped for the taste of a westerner. Yerevan is quite small, and it is often inundated with Armenian-Americans in the summer who go back to enjoy their homeland but bring their raunchy obnoxiousness to the population.

Armenian women are wonderful and family oriented, but they are an acquired taste. They look somewhat Greek, or Latin or Arabic in some cases. You will not find natural blondes there, and you should be partial to the darker, olive skin tones that prevail.

Russian women range from blonde to brunette, and some are Jewish, some Tatar, some Caucasus Muslim, and some are from Central Asia and other former Soviet countries. They are reputed to be quite demanding and selfish, but some regions have a lack of young men so that might not be the case always. Speaking of men, they would likely be your biggest problem as the poor loser ones (most) are often nationalistic and racist and would not be nice to you or worse. Also, Russia is so huge that each region likely has its own cultural and behavioral differences that I would not be able to comment on.

I would advise you to set your sights on Ukraine, Kiev specifically where you have women who are pretty and a culture less hostile to men like you coming in to live or find a wife.

Good luck.
Thanks alot!Yes,I am actually part of the Miaphysite orthodox wich includes Armenians,syrians,Indians,copts and ethiopians .Since all these national churches share the exact same faith,wichever one I will be baptized in is purely for aesthetic reasons or liturgical favouritism.the Armenians are actually the most liberal of the churches in the Miaphysite non-Chalcedonian camp,since they allow marriage to any trinitarian christian and communion aswell.the syrians allow it too I hear but can't confirm,but they don't give communion to just any christian like the armenians do(though there is a pastoral agreement to commune eastern orthodox and you can marry them),the Copts and ethiopians are the strictest in regards to marriage and communion so I could realistically never join those churches for practical reasons.

I am going to try and seek a catholic or protestant wife,so my post is outdated.

Armenia does seem like a pretty rural place,the Armenian women i've seen on anthropological forums and such were very goodlooking,only assyrians beat them in that region and the two are mixed with one another heavily anyway.but they don't speak english so its a no go.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

oh I just wanted to add that the orthodoxy of russia is the same as that of armenia or say ethiopia in substance of faith just that the two aren't in ecclesiastical communion with each other due to the council of Chalcedon in 451.the armenians and syrians were actually chalcedonians but their patriarchs realized the miaphysite faith was accuratte so they joined the copts in communion.the Georgians were once miaphysites but joined the chalcedonian eastern orthodox.there have been mutual official statements on both sides of the orthodox that we both have the same faith.there are the bigoted monks on mount Athos that insist the miaphysites are Monophysite heretics,but they're not the entirety of the Eastern orthodox.similarly the Ethiopian monks on our side also insist the chalcedonians are Nestorians,so it can go both ways.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I can't see your pictures, but just based on looks of Armenians, that sounds appealing, with some of them having more of a darker Mediteranian look. On the other hand, Russian women can be quite beautiful.

I'd imagine if you went to visit in-laws in December, your breath wouldn't be as likely to form ice crystals on your beard (if you had one) in Armenia than in Russia because Russia is about 5 degrees celsius colder in the winter time. Also, Armenia has a much lower divorce rate than Russia from what I've read. They weren't the big enemy of the US for decades. so her grandpa probably didn't grow up hearing what a big enemy the US was.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Armenia or Russia for expatriation and wife?

Post by Winston »

I heard armenians don't date outside their race. Is that true? Also I don't think orthodox religion matters. Every orthodox I've met knows nothing about God or the Bible and doesn't know anything about theology and doesn't even know have strong Christian morals. So I doubt their religion matters. It's kind of like how most Filipinos are Catholic but they know nothing about theology or are not spiritual and do not even keep Christian morals. Church is just a place they go to to ask God for favors. Their "Christianity" is by name only, not by actions. They go to church and take mass and that's all. No spiritual experiences or love of God in their heart, or holy spirit, etc. The orthodox church also has no spiritual energy or vibe. Even Art Bell noticed this when he went to Russia and said so on his radio show.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

Winston wrote:
January 14th, 2018, 6:11 am
I heard armenians don't date outside their race. Is that true? Also I don't think orthodox religion matters. Every orthodox I've met knows nothing about God or the Bible and doesn't know anything about theology and doesn't even know have strong Christian morals. So I doubt their religion matters. It's kind of like how most Filipinos are Catholic but they know nothing about theology or are not spiritual and do not even keep Christian morals. Church is just a place they go to to ask God for favors. Their "Christianity" is by name only, not by actions. They go to church and take mass and that's all. No spiritual experiences or love of God in their heart, or holy spirit, etc. The orthodox church also has no spiritual energy or vibe. Even Art Bell noticed this when he went to Russia and said so on his radio show.
Hate to sound like my stroking my own head,but miaphysites are the most religious christians on average.Copts fill the churches even when they can get bombed and do not engage in fornication,its taboo.syrians are also very religious.ethiopians almost fanatically so,try being gay there,youll get killed.

people in the west are secular,that goes for any ethnicity.

Orthodox church is the most ''mystical''and intellectual church but since they have a episcopal structure of holy orders and since communion is the focus of the worship,they dont go around speaking in gibberish like pentecostals no.the focus is the sacraments,communion and theosis.catholics are overly legalistic,they demand you dont use contraception and go to mass every week or you go to hell.I find catholicism the most Draconian of religions.Orthodoxy is a breathe of fresh air.if I had a decent wife in union with me matrimonally,I'd never fall into mortal sin.

I've changed my mind since I made this post,I will likely marry a non-orthodox Christian woman.I'm extremely attracted to eastasian women and olive women dont do it for me neither do ethiopians,though the latter is more beautiful than the former to me.I've had yellow fever since I was 8 yrs old,wich periodically died down and comes up again every few years.
I'd pick a 6/10 Asian woman

over a 9/10 white woman like brooke shields or

I personally don't Care if my wife is religious or not ,as long as shes baptized ,believes in the Basics like the Trinity and cross-ressurection and we get married in a orthodox church(a must) since we don't reconize catholic sacraments as being valid,whereas catholics see orthodox sacraments as valid but illicit.
Last edited by willymonfrete on January 18th, 2018, 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

MrMan wrote:
January 14th, 2018, 5:52 am
I can't see your pictures, but just based on looks of Armenians, that sounds appealing, with some of them having more of a darker Mediteranian look. On the other hand, Russian women can be quite beautiful.

I'd imagine if you went to visit in-laws in December, your breath wouldn't be as likely to form ice crystals on your beard (if you had one) in Armenia than in Russia because Russia is about 5 degrees celsius colder in the winter time. Also, Armenia has a much lower divorce rate than Russia from what I've read. They weren't the big enemy of the US for decades. so her grandpa probably didn't grow up hearing what a big enemy the US was.

sorry for the pic disappearing,must of been hosted on a shady site.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I'm not part of the Eastern Orthodox tradition. But I'd say in your heart, put God first, especially when it comes to finding a wife. Honor the Lord in that. I really sought to do that and it turned out well for me. I prayed for the kind of woman I wanted, a woman who wouldn't cheat on me or divorce me, a beautiful woman who loved God. I had a lot more to the list, including a woman who could cook Chinese food. She's Indonesian, not Chinese (well a quarter or so Chinese), but she can do that.

I didn't want someone who is not serious about her faith, either. Our faith gives us common ground. It helps us know how a husband should behave and how a wife should behave and gives us guidance on raising children. Looks, satisfying your 'yellow fever', etc. may seem important at first. But you have to live with this woman every day. Character issues are very important. And her really being devoted to 'thou shalt not commit adultery' and 'wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands' 'render' 'due benevolence', can be very helpful for you in day-to-day life in marriage.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

MrMan wrote:
January 22nd, 2018, 6:27 pm
I'm not part of the Eastern Orthodox tradition. But I'd say in your heart, put God first, especially when it comes to finding a wife. Honor the Lord in that. I really sought to do that and it turned out well for me. I prayed for the kind of woman I wanted, a woman who wouldn't cheat on me or divorce me, a beautiful woman who loved God. I had a lot more to the list, including a woman who could cook Chinese food. She's Indonesian, not Chinese (well a quarter or so Chinese), but she can do that.

I didn't want someone who is not serious about her faith, either. Our faith gives us common ground. It helps us know how a husband should behave and how a wife should behave and gives us guidance on raising children. Looks, satisfying your 'yellow fever', etc. may seem important at first. But you have to live with this woman every day. Character issues are very important. And her really being devoted to 'thou shalt not commit adultery' and 'wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands' 'render' 'due benevolence', can be very helpful for you in day-to-day life in marriage.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Thank you.but being with someone you don't feel any physical passion for is a recipe for resentment,cheating and regret atleast in my case.I'm a man of the flesh and everyone is different.

I do agree the woman should be faithfull.but faith can always grow if the seeds are sown.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

willymonfrete wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 10:25 am
MrMan wrote:

Thank you.but being with someone you don't feel any physical passion for is a recipe for resentment,cheating and regret atleast in my case.I'm a man of the flesh and everyone is different.

I do agree the woman should be faithfull.but faith can always grow if the seeds are sown.
So, do you think if you trust God and put Him first, He'll give you some unattractive woman you don't connect with at all?

That's not what I did. I asked for a good wife. I asked for a wife who was pretty, a virgin, and lots of other things. He answered those prayers for me.

I made the mistake of taking a job once that I had a sense that God might not approve of. It wasn't like a sinful thing to do. I just didn't have peace about it and avoided praying about it because I thought I might not be supposed to do it. That didn't turn out well at all. It was a sales job. I ended up making very little for my time. All our material provision comes from God ultimately. Part of trusting God is not avoiding Him, afraid He will give you something bad. Jesus said if a son asked for bread, would his father give him a stone? If he asked for fish would He give him a serpent? If you being evil know how to give good things to your children, how much more shall your Father Who is in heaven give good things to them who ask Him?
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

MrMan wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 8:00 am
willymonfrete wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 10:25 am
MrMan wrote:

So, do you think if you trust God and put Him first, He'll give you some unattractive woman you don't connect with at all?

That's not what I did. I asked for a good wife. I asked for a wife who was pretty, a virgin, and lots of other things. He answered those prayers for me.

I made the mistake of taking a job once that I had a sense that God might not approve of. It wasn't like a sinful thing to do. I just didn't have peace about it and avoided praying about it because I thought I might not be supposed to do it. That didn't turn out well at all. It was a sales job. I ended up making very little for my time. All our material provision comes from God ultimately. Part of trusting God is not avoiding Him, afraid He will give you something bad. Jesus said if a son asked for bread, would his father give him a stone? If he asked for fish would He give him a serpent? If you being evil know how to give good things to your children, how much more shall your Father Who is in heaven give good things to them who ask Him?
Im at heart not a religious person,I do the bare minimum to avoid hell.if mI were a sola fide protestant id be a super-sinner.I see suffering,pain and unfairness everywhere,God allowed it.I've groveled before christ's throne and got nothing but more pain and misery,he has not done a thing to heal my pains.pls spare me this feel good crap.christ taught in hyperbole,you shouldn't take everything literally.its easy to judge when you aren't in someone else's shoes.I've spent long time praying to God to end my pains and my shitty life even to kill me in my sleep and he doesn't answer.I am not saying he is my enemy but I am skeptical of everyone but myself.if hell didnt exist or if damnation through mortal sin didnt exist(as the protestants say)I'd never seek a wife in the first place,id smoke weed live in a shitty apartment and just f**k hot hookers of my liking all day until im old.marriage is forced upon me by jesus.jesus gave me extreme sexual urges and then says i must be married to fulfill them.and in all of it I must grovel to find something decent? :roll: Once the priest performs the sacrament of marriage im likely never stepping foot in church again nor keep communion with religious people,their poverty mentality,groveling,hypocrisy and judgement make me neauseous aswell as their intra-group status and veneration ladder.

Religious people and neomarxists make me uncomfortable,I just want to be around normal people tbh.being a religious woman wont prelude you from cheating either,its all looks and outward appearance.in the days i played the sinful flute i f***ed 2 married women who were outwardly very religious.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

For one thing if I were looking for a wife who's unlikely to cheat, I wouldn't go for one who walks in public half naked. For example, wearing daisy dukes or exposing her thighs or even the lower part of her buttocks. That's dressing like a harlot (prostitute) which indicates the person may have a whorish mentality.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

Adama wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 12:53 pm
For one thing if I were looking for a wife who's unlikely to cheat, I wouldn't go for one who walks in public half naked. For example, wearing daisy dukes or exposing her thighs or even the lower part of her buttocks. That's dressing like a harlot (prostitute) which indicates the person may have a whorish mentality.
only way a woman won't cheat is if you are her best option in her given vicinity.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

willymonfrete wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 1:19 pm
Adama wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 12:53 pm
only way a woman won't cheat is if you are her best option in her given vicinity.
Lots of men think all women are whores, but it's not true. God is able to prevent a wife from committing adultery. He can rescue her out of temptation and it is possible that He will either block it altogether or make sure that she's never put in that situation.

A good way to avoid a whorish wife is simply not to marry a woman who dresses like a whore in public. That's the most obvious starting place.

Remember, a tree is known by its fruit. What is the woman up to? Is she up to evil? If she is given over to evil, then it is likely she is also able to commit adultery. But if she is not an evil person then it is likely that God will prevent it from happening, because good trees cannot bring forth evil fruit.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.