Free land in Russia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Free land in Russia

Post by Cornfed »

Apparently this offer is open to certain foreign citizens as well. I'll be looking into this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -East.html
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Free land in Russia

Post by Cornfed »

Ghost wrote:When anyone, anywhere is giving away land, you know the catch is that it's undesirable land. I couldn't stand the winters in Northeast China, so this would be way outside what I'm willing to do. And selling it after five years? If they are giving away now, there's no reason to assume it'll have any sell-value in five years time.
But what if you could make a good living off the Internet (assuming they have good Internet there) and had a sexy wife and.. er.. maids that were trapped inside for the winters with you?
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Cornfed wrote:
Ghost wrote:When anyone, anywhere is giving away land, you know the catch is that it's undesirable land. I couldn't stand the winters in Northeast China, so this would be way outside what I'm willing to do. And selling it after five years? If they are giving away now, there's no reason to assume it'll have any sell-value in five years time.
But what if you could make a good living off the Internet (assuming they have good Internet there) and had a sexy wife and.. er.. maids that were trapped inside for the winters with you?
Exactly.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

gnosis wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Exactly.

Yeah sign me up! :mrgreen:

But seriously, that's a really tough area, and i doubt there is any internet or utilities available:

A more 'realistic' approach would be Vladivostok or some other second tier, but Russian real estate prices, although cheap by western standards, are still kind of disproportionate IMO
http://www.numbeo.com/property-investme ... Comparison

Apart from the cold, the neighborhoods look boring and desolate. I wouldn't consider moving anywhere like that for more that $1000/mt2, unless the women just absolutely threw themselves at you.
I'm kind of reevaluating my plans of going to Russia, i don't know....
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The white nationalist should find himself very happy with the racial composition of Mother Russia. As for the rest of humanity, don't bother going there. The women are just as feminist as American women but more calculating, colder and more in your face. Those women are not innocent and they will give you lots of back talk. They also have the reputation for being gold diggers. You'll also be a foreigner in a foreign land. Meaning in many situations you'll get the shaft for numerous reasons, from not knowing the language, to everyone thinking you're rich, to anti-Americanism, and if someone tries to rip you off or hurt you, I bet there is a greater chance that the authorities will turn a blind eye or even pretend to help while secretly hoping that you'll leave their country.

If you listen to men like Yohan, many Russians are already seeking to leave their own country because of the winters.

Moving to Russia sounds like a very good way to make things harder for yourself, especially if you're not going to be near civilization. You may never come back. Not because it will be amazing, but because you'll freeze to death. -70 below in Russia without utilities.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Adama wrote:The women are just as feminist as American women but more calculating, colder and more in your face. Those women are not innocent and they will give you lots of back talk. They also have the reputation for being gold diggers..
^^ I still don't buy this.
I always ruminate on this but Slovakian women were real nice, pleasant and polite, a lot more in shape and family oriented. I think they would be representative of EE.

However, blowing $5K and several months on a Russian experiment at this point....kind of a tough call..

Adama wrote:Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

droid wrote:
Adama wrote:The women are just as feminist as American women but more calculating, colder and more in your face. Those women are not innocent and they will give you lots of back talk. They also have the reputation for being gold diggers..
I always ruminate on this but Slovakian women were real nice, pleasant and polite, a lot more in shape and family oriented. I think they would be representative of EE.

However, blowing $5K and several months on a Russian experiment at this point....kind of a tough call..

Adama wrote:Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
+1
Thanks, Droid. Talk to the other slavic women. Many can't stand Russian women. Go to one of the Russian bride forums. You'll find that many of the Russian women who married American men on those sites are completely "Americanized." There isn't much shifting that an RW has to do. Russian isn't the same as Slovak or Czech.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

droid wrote:

+1
I've talked to lots of nice Russian women.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Adama wrote:There isn't much shifting that an RW has to do. Russian isn't the same as Slovak or Czech.
What do you mean by that?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Russian women were freed under Communism long before Western women. Many of those anti male laws are word for word translated from Russian and codified into US law. I have not met any Russian women I thought were not argumentative. I have never interacted with a Russian woman I thought would make a submissive wife either. They just seem like American women to me. There are lots of sweet American girls too. I went to school with some of them. So saying there are sweet Russian women or whatever doesn't amount to much.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

They will be given the land for free provided they use it lawfully for five years. After that period, they can rent, sell or give it away.
No option to keep it, then.
Go there. Bring in utilities from power, to sanitation, to sat-com. Crowd fund the construction of a city or three and after 5 years (when it's all built up and thawed out) the authorities come tell you time up, gtfo, thanks for playing (paying) and getting played. :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Cornfed wrote:Apparently this offer is open to certain foreign citizens as well. I'll be looking into this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -East.html
From what I read in the article, the offer is only available to Russian citizens.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

Having land is just work for no pay so even if land is free I will pass.

Youtube or google Putin talking to English farmer John Kopiski (not sure how Kopiski can be English sounds Polish or Ukrainian).