Exchanging email addresses in the FSU

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Exchanging email addresses in the FSU

Post by Rocky Top »

If I gave out my email address to or received an email address from someone in Russia or an FSU country, would they recognize my Latin letters and would the have Cyrillic letters in the email address?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Re: Exchanging email addresses in the FSU

Post by ***JP*** »

Rocky Top wrote:If I gave out my email address to or received an email address from someone in Russia or an FSU country, would they recognize my Latin letters and would the have Cyrillic letters in the email address?

Yes they will recognize latin letters. Russians and people from the FSU are very educated people and learn second languages. Also not all the former FSU countries use Cyrillic. The Baltic countries and Poland don't use Cyrillic in their alphabet. I don't think you will have a problem with exchanging emails with them. Good luck in your search :)