Long-term Residency only Viable Reason to Get Married IMO

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Long-term Residency only Viable Reason to Get Married IMO

Post by Mr S »

British father who fled Somerset after divorce left him suicidal re-emerges in SIBERIA where he has lived for last 20 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Er44LY10

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Well, hopefully, I can have similar luck in Russia, lol.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

zboy1 wrote:Well, hopefully, I can have similar luck in Russia, lol.
Congrats on landing the job in Russia, BTW. Are you disappointed Asia didn't work out, or have you gotten yourself psyched for Russia? I'd much sooner go there.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Beautiful. It may sounds crazy for 99% of people, but this guy found his paradise.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

gsjackson wrote:
Congrats on landing the job in Russia, BTW. Are you disappointed Asia didn't work out, or have you gotten yourself psyched for Russia? I'd much sooner go there.
Well, I prefer Asia but the competition is too difficult for me right now; seemingly everybody and their mama wants to got to Asia, so someone like me who is non-White and without experience will have a hard time finding a job in Asia as an English teacher. Russia was probably my second choice, so I'm not too upset. The only problem is the extreme cold weather, but I'll survive, lol.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

zboy1 wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Well, I prefer Asia but the competition is too difficult for me right now; seemingly everybody and their mama wants to got to Asia, so someone like me who is non-White and without experience will have a hard time finding a job in Asia as an English teacher. Russia was probably my second choice, so I'm not too upset. The only problem is the extreme cold weather, but I'll survive, lol.
I don't think I have to tell you to be extremely careful in Russia. Trust should be earned, not given. Remember Winston almost got scammed by his fiancee.
Obormot
Freshman Poster

Post by Obormot »

Dragon wrote: I don't think I have to tell you to be extremely careful in Russia. Trust should be earned, not given. Remember Winston almost got scammed by his fiancee.
That actually sounds a lot like US. :)