Ukraine racism fears

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ukraine racism fears

Post by zboy1 »

This is a warning for those interested in attending Euro2012 football games in the Ukraine:

Ukraine: Racist Fears for Football Euro

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbasOrvX ... re=g-all-u[/youtube]

Roy Hodgson: Ukraine Euro 2012 racism threat is 'sad'

A second black footballer may stay away from Euro 2012 - Ukraine

Apparently, Ukraine is a very racist country:

Ukrainian Racist Newspaper Depicting Africans and Arabs as monkeys Groping Woman Shown On TV

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnuHfBA ... re=related[/youtube]

Racist Remarks: 'What if they think Ukraine's in Africa'

An estimated 100 million people worldwide will be tuning in for the Eurovision Song Contest this Saturday night. But one country has been divided by the competition, or rather its own entry. Many in Ukraine are unhappy that the singer representing the nation is only half-Ukrainian, exposing what others fear is a spread of racism. RT's Aleksey Yaroshevsky reports

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzoquZRK ... re=related[/youtube]

Nigerian students racial abuse in Ukraine

onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

thats not really racism imo... its people with stereotypical opinions...

who cares really?? they dont like blacks and arabs...join the other billion plus who dont either...

beating peoples asses for different skin color and genocide is racism

name calling is bitch ass baby racism with small r.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

thats not really racism imo... its people with stereotypical opinions...

who cares really?? they dont like blacks and arabs...join the other billion plus who dont either...

marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

onezero4u wrote:thats not really racism imo... its people with stereotypical opinions...

Stereotypical opinions? Some Ukrainians are threatening Blacks and Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Muslims) with beatings if they come to the country. Also, many Ukrainians support right-wing fascist Neo-Nazi groups. Police are worried that English supporters (another country that has a lot of problems with hooligans and right-wing fascist organizations) and Ukrainian supporters want to engage in a massive riot. Here's a recent Sky Sports documentary on the Ukraine before Euro2012:

Fast forward to 4:55 where some Ukrainian hooligans say they want to beat-up foreigners including Blacks, Indians, Pakistanis, Asians, English and Jews:

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I did the research and I continue to do research, and by far, the Caucasoids are the most xenophobic people currently walking the earth.

That being said, I could care less that I'm not welcome to their counties and I have no idea why anybody would be trying to prolong their stay in such counties. If they don't want you there then LEAVE.

People also need to look at it this way, Caucasoids are very few in number compared to Africans, Asiatic and Indian populations so I'm nearly certain they are worried about genetic annihilation.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

And some guys with a high melanine content sincerely think that Ukraine or Russia are grounds to find easy chicks.:lol:

Get real..in these places you will be faced with non politically correct racism even on the street.
Nobody will step for you if some kind of gang attack you.

Many Ukrainian or Russian chicks would think twice to be seen with a black,arab or brown type guy.
They would be seen as a whore and could be a shame for them,their family too.

They should really be an update for all those dreamer who sincerely believe that their dark skin color will be found exotic and attractive.

http://observers.france24.com/content/2 ... rimination
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

green1976 wrote:And some guys with a high melanine content sincerely think that Ukraine or Russia are grounds to find easy chicks.:lol:

Get real..in these places you will be faced with non politically correct racism even on the street.
Nobody will step for you if some kind of gang attack you.

Many Ukrainian or Russian chicks would think twice to be seen with a black,arab or brown type guy.
They would be seen as a whore and could be a shame for them,their family too.

They should really be an update for all those dreamer who sincerely believe that their dark skin color will be found exotic and attractive.
That has not been my experience. The women I've met in Russia were quite friendly and open. The few Ukrainian women I've encountered outside of Ukraine have been nothing but sweet to me too.

I think either you are considering the opinions of only the low-class or you need to get out more. Also, Azeri, and Uzbek women LOVE black and dark men!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

In moscow anyone who looks like they are foreign and has a bit of money is at risk of being robbed. That is what I was told when I was there and I see no reason why the Ukraine would be any different. You have to be careful in places where there are lots of poor and desperate people....that is just how it is. It is like that all over the world.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Good point, Peter. But those of colour should think twice before visiting Eastern Europe. Every place has similar issues to a degree. But the ethnationalist (a word I made up) are a consistent problem. They assault ANYONE foreign and/or of colour -- men, women, children. And they won't stop until all darkies leave their lands.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Google
Freshman Poster

Ukraine attacks BBC Panorama documentary as 'provocation'

Post by Google »

Ukraine has launched a bitter attack on the BBC, with senior officials describing a controversial Panorama documentary that claimed racism was rife in the country as an unacceptable provocation.

Ukrainian officials insist there have been no racist incidents in their country since the Euro 2012 football championships kicked off last week. The worst clashes between Russian and Polish fans were in the Polish capital Warsaw on Tuesday.

"The Panorama programme was a direct assault," Oleg Voloyshn, the foreign ministry spokesman in Kiev, said, accusing the BBC of "lowering expectations" and deliberately trying to sabotage the tournament. He added: "It was a kind of provocation." Voloyshn acknowledged there was racism in Ukraine but added: "It's in every country. And it's a smaller problem than was shown in the film."
He said the BBC had not answered the questions of how widespread racism was in Ukraine, and how serious the risk was to fans.

"We don't have real racism en masse in Ukraine. We have nationalists. They are anti-Russian, anti-Polish or anti-Western"

Voloshyn's assertion that Ukraine had been unfairly tarnished followed another complaint from Jonathan Ornstein, the executive director of the Jewish centre in Krakow, who features in the programme. Ornstein accused Panorama last week of selective or "tendentious" reporting and said his remarks that isolated incidents of anti-semitism were not representative of Poland as a whole were dropped because they didn't fit the BBC's "sensationalist" agenda.

Other sources have come forward to say that an interview with a Jewish Israeli player was also cut from the programme because he failed to confirm Panorama's "anti-semitism" thesis. The BBC interviewed midfielder Aviram Baruchian, who plays for the Polish team Polonia Warsaw.

One source who was present said the Panorama journalists had complained afterwards that the interview was "useless". Panorama strongly denies this. It says the interview wasn't used because Baruchian had only played in the Polish league since January.

Writing last week in a blog, Panorama's editor, Tom Giles, vehemently defended the documentary against Polish and Ukrainian criticism: "We feel strongly that our reporting was both legitimate and fair ... The programme made clear that we were investigating the behaviour of some football supporters and political hooligans – not the peoples of the countries themselves."

Giles continued: "Amid all of these accusations against Panorama and the BBC, there is a real fear that the key issue has been missed – the overt and frightening racist and anti-Semitic abuse and violence of the kind broadcast by Panorama is both wrong and deeply upsetting to those on its receiving end. That was the point of the programme. We set out to highlight a wrong."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ju ... 2-panorama
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

wow hot woman in the 4th video

but yeah, shocking. i would never advise any person of color to go to ukraine, to dangerous
it's a miracle Winston survived all those years in Russia