Russian Graduation

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Russian Graduation

Post by Mr S »

I'm not sure if all of these pictures are actually High Schoolers or some from colleges or trade schools...But why do they run around in the fountains? What is the significance of that? Any one have any ideas? Are they born again or something? Ladislav perhaps?

BTW, they are so much hotter than the typical Western female, for sure!

1st gallery: http://thechive.com/2010/04/12/russian- ... 32-photos/
2nd gallery: http://thechive.com/2010/07/27/russian- ... 27-photos/
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Well, it is hot and fountains on main squares provide relief from heat. There is no religious significance per se. It may be something implicit but most will just take a dip in there because it is hot and it is something naughty to do.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

WOW...WOW.HUBBA....HUBBA....BARK BARK WOOF !!!!.

i HAVE NEVER EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE seen sexy women look THAT good in HIGH SCHOOL. TOO UNREAL !!!. and they are open, social, inclusive, adore men, approachable. its like living in a fantasy world. only its just an air flight away. HA. :shock:
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Yep, I was seeing that every year. Graduation is the best time of spring in FSU countries. I remember my graduation, I was dancing to disco songs all night, we walked through city downtown in the morning and watched the sunrise at the bank of the river, girls drunk and tired, I made out with some class mates. Ah... I am SO SO glad I went to high school in Ukraine!

Fountains are actually fun to dip in! It's a drinking celebration tradition :) Besides, it is hot and it is something you don't do everyday. Don't forget that cities in Europe and Russia are more tight, similar to New York? Or similar to Downtown Washington D.C. So people walk everywhere, there are tons of squares where people hang out, drink, sit down to chat, have dates with ice-cream or beer socials etc... It is true, if you have at least $2,000 per month to spend - it is Heaven on Earth with neverending supply of hot girls!