Is this an overly rosy view of Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Is this an overly rosy view of Filipinas?

Post by Winston »

http://www.datefilipinagirls.com/whats- ... pina-girls

What’s So Special about Filipina Girls?

Chances are, you’ve probably seen a Filipina around where you live. That’s because you can find Filipinas almost anywhere in the world: North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, the Far-East, you’ll even see Filipinas in Russia.

One way or another, she’ll catch your eye. It may be the way she moves, the sparkle in her eyes, the little giggles she occasionally slips from her lips and that wistful attitude she brings about her wherever she goes. It’s nothing magical; nothing mysterious… it’s just something about her that radiates from her.

So just what is it about a Filipina that sets her apart from other women?

• Innate Beauty – This is the pride of a Filipina girl: her natural Asian beauty. Whether it’s the mysterious and provocative allure of a mestiza girl or the sweet and attractive charm of a full-blooded Filipina, her natural beauty simply radiates from the entirety of her. Whether her figure is petite or voluptuous, her beauty shows not only through her face and body, but in her very spirit as well. A Filipina has certain a disposition in life that just pulls at you and makes you fall in love with her.

• Loving – Her loving nature is one disposition that gives her that radiant glow. The capacity to love just oozes out of her and that’s one thing that works to your benefit. Once she falls in love with someone, she’ll give it her all to let that someone know that she loves him from the bottom of her heart. Maybe you’re going to be the lucky bugger to win her affection… who knows?

• Perky – A Filipina girl is also able to brighten up your day with her innate ability to bring cheer to your life. She is able to do this because her own outlook in life is also cheerful and optimistic. This optimism is what adds color to a Filipina girl. Unlike the blandness of other women who are too wrapped up in the downs of life, she is able to work with you to find happiness that so many other women simply refuse to do.

• Natural Mother – Another badge of pride for the Filipina girl is to show her affection and devotion to her family by her ability to keep the home warm and cozy. No, she’s not going to be a floor-rug that exists simply to sit still and obey. Jeez, you don’t need that kind of woman in your life every single day. However, she is very much willing to go the extra mile when it comes to caring for her family. That’s how much she loves her husband and her children.

And here’s a little tip: all a beautiful Filipina girl needs is some genuine loving, and she’s going to return that in kind. A Filipina in love is even more radiant and beautiful than the warm touch of the sun. So go ahead… let yourself fall in love with a Filipina girl. You definitely won’t regret it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is another rosy blog about Filipinas:

http://bridesmadeinthephilippines.com/blog/

Check this list of love phrases though. They are useful when flirting, charming or courting your love interest.

http://bridesmadeinthephilippines.com/b ... -filipina/

1) I like you - “Gusto kita�

2) I like you very much - “Gustong-gusto kita�

3) I have a crush on you - “May gusto ako sa iyo�

4) Take care - “Ingat�

5) You take care - “Ingat ka�

6) I think about you - “Iniisip kita�

7) I think about you all the time - “Iniisip kita palagi�

8) I dream about you - “Nasa panaginip kita�

9) I miss you - “Miss kita�

10) I miss you very much - “Miss na miss kita�

11) I am in love you - “Iniibig kita�

12) I am falling in love with you - “Nahuhulog ang loob ko sa iyo�

13) I love you - “Mahal kita�

14) I love you very much - “Mahal na mahal kita�

15) I want to marry you - “Gusto kitang pakasalan�

16) I want you to be my wife - “Gusto kitang maging asawa ko�

17) I want to see you - “Gusto kitang makita�

18) Will you marry me? - “Pakakasalan mo ba ako?�

19) I will marry you - “Pakakasalan kita�

20) You are the only one I love - “Ikaw lang ang mahal ko�
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Re: Is this an overly rosy view of Filipinas?

Post by wuxi »

Winston wrote:http://www.datefilipinagirls.com/whats- ... pina-girls

What’s So Special about Filipina Girls?

Chances are, you’ve probably seen a Filipina around where you live. That’s because you can find Filipinas almost anywhere in the world: North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, the Far-East, you’ll even see Filipinas in Russia.

One way or another, she’ll catch your eye. It may be the way she moves, the sparkle in her eyes, the little giggles she occasionally slips from her lips and that wistful attitude she brings about her wherever she goes. It’s nothing magical; nothing mysterious… it’s just something about her that radiates from her.

So just what is it about a Filipina that sets her apart from other women?

• Innate Beauty – This is the pride of a Filipina girl: her natural Asian beauty. Whether it’s the mysterious and provocative allure of a mestiza girl or the sweet and attractive charm of a full-blooded Filipina, her natural beauty simply radiates from the entirety of her. Whether her figure is petite or voluptuous, her beauty shows not only through her face and body, but in her very spirit as well. A Filipina has certain a disposition in life that just pulls at you and makes you fall in love with her.

• Loving – Her loving nature is one disposition that gives her that radiant glow. The capacity to love just oozes out of her and that’s one thing that works to your benefit. Once she falls in love with someone, she’ll give it her all to let that someone know that she loves him from the bottom of her heart. Maybe you’re going to be the lucky bugger to win her affection… who knows?

• Perky – A Filipina girl is also able to brighten up your day with her innate ability to bring cheer to your life. She is able to do this because her own outlook in life is also cheerful and optimistic. This optimism is what adds color to a Filipina girl. Unlike the blandness of other women who are too wrapped up in the downs of life, she is able to work with you to find happiness that so many other women simply refuse to do.

• Natural Mother – Another badge of pride for the Filipina girl is to show her affection and devotion to her family by her ability to keep the home warm and cozy. No, she’s not going to be a floor-rug that exists simply to sit still and obey. Jeez, you don’t need that kind of woman in your life every single day. However, she is very much willing to go the extra mile when it comes to caring for her family. That’s how much she loves her husband and her children.

And here’s a little tip: all a beautiful Filipina girl needs is some genuine loving, and she’s going to return that in kind. A Filipina in love is even more radiant and beautiful than the warm touch of the sun. So go ahead… let yourself fall in love with a Filipina girl. You definitely won’t regret it.
I would guess ten percent of Filipinas will fit this stereotype, which incidently is very high compared to the women in other countries. I have never met a woman from a western country that fits this description.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The guy is selling membership to these dating sites so he is describing the product that he is about to sell. Of course he is not going to talk about the negatives of a Filipina, then no one will buy the membership. Still, with all her hangups, I think a Filipina is probably the best woman on earth.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:The guy is selling membership to these dating sites so he is describing the product that he is about to sell. Of course he is not going to talk about the negatives of a Filipina, then no one will buy the membership. Still, with all her hangups, I think a Filipina is probably the best woman on earth.
What about Davao though? Nate said the girls there were a different breed and have it all, inner and outer beauty. Is that true?

Btw, I found this photo that portrays the Filipina attitude I wanted to convey. Isn't it perfect? I might use it for my site or ebook somewhere. It shows the friendly open sweet attitude I like. Are many girls in Davao like this?

wuxi
Freshman Poster

Post by wuxi »

I've heard that women from Mindanao are are the most traditional of all the Filipinas. I'm sure most of the gold diggers from Mindanao move to Cebu or Manila the first chance they get leaving the most sincere woman on the island. I chatted with a few from Mindanao and a 20 year age difference didn't seem to phase them at all and I could tell most of them were virgins.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

This site has pictures of women from Davao City.

http://loveme.com/women/davao-women/davao-women.htm
raindreamer333
Freshman Poster

Post by raindreamer333 »

Filipinas vary in their personality, and no one is perfect. There are some common traits though:

1. Good moral values, respect for parents, respect for authority.
2. Intensely loving
3. Cheerful and happy in the worst circumstances.
4. Caring and giving.
5. Romantic and passionate sex partners.
6. Generally more mature than the average western woman, but there are some signficant exceptions I have noticed.
7. Healthy self image. Doesn't worship herself, but doesn't beat herself up either.
8. Hard working
9. Simple (read, doesn't spend husband's money on stupid things).
10. Sexy personality
11. Willing to follow a husband's lead, but will challenge him when needed
12. A virgin until marriage (if that is what you want).
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Mindanao is as good a place as any only that it is cheaper. Most people there are settlers from other parts of the country. The population is sparse. I did like the people in that:
1) They are very proud and do not care about going abroad or imitating other cultures. I have been with some native tribes there and they are just relaxed about everything. No attempt to imitate the West.
2) They expect foreigners to adopt local ways and integrate, and do not want to adjust themselves to foreigners ( as they are often wont to do in Manila or Cebu).
3) There are many men in Mindanao- a settler's contry- same as in the US. They are mostly honest but they are everywhere. Draw your own conclusions.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I heard that Davao doesn't have any pick up joints or karaokes to barfine girls. Is that true?

Also, when you said that the girls in Davao are more conservative, you don't mean no eye contact or smiling like in East Asia do you?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some nice places to take your Filipina in the Philippines.

http://www.datefilipinagirls.com/dating ... g-in-luzon

DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Do the speak English? I thought that is the official language in schools. (Sorry for asking such a basic question.) Thanks
Winston wrote:Here is another rosy blog about Filipinas:

http://bridesmadeinthephilippines.com/blog/

Check this list of love phrases though. They are useful when flirting, charming or courting your love interest.

http://bridesmadeinthephilippines.com/b ... -filipina/

1) I like you - “Gusto kita�

2) I like you very much - “Gustong-gusto kita�

3) I have a crush on you - “May gusto ako sa iyo�

4) Take care - “Ingat�

5) You take care - “Ingat ka�

6) I think about you - “Iniisip kita�

7) I think about you all the time - “Iniisip kita palagi�

8) I dream about you - “Nasa panaginip kita�

9) I miss you - “Miss kita�

10) I miss you very much - “Miss na miss kita�

11) I am in love you - “Iniibig kita�

12) I am falling in love with you - “Nahuhulog ang loob ko sa iyo�

13) I love you - “Mahal kita�

14) I love you very much - “Mahal na mahal kita�

15) I want to marry you - “Gusto kitang pakasalan�

16) I want you to be my wife - “Gusto kitang maging asawa ko�

17) I want to see you - “Gusto kitang makita�

18) Will you marry me? - “Pakakasalan mo ba ako?�

19) I will marry you - “Pakakasalan kita�

20) You are the only one I love - “Ikaw lang ang mahal ko�
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DCX_10 wrote:Do the speak English? I thought that is the official language in schools. (Sorry for asking such a basic question.) Thanks
They do but it's more romantic and impressive when you say those words in their language. You win extra points :)

After all, you aren't going to have intellectual conversations with them. So what else are you going to talk about except flirting and charming them with words?

Marcus Aurelius
Freshman Poster

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Having not set foot on the soil of the Phillipines, I can say I will swear by them, at least from personal experience. My girlfriend is WONDERFUL. The stuff raindreamer said about her is true, every one of those...except the virgin part lol. I could say so many things about her I'd fill several pages...but here is one example. I'm more materialistic than her (got to watch that though lol) ME, I was the one who wanted to go shopping left and right, etc. She is kind hearted, and her family is hard working.

Her mother is gone from her husband literally 9 months of the year working for a wealthy British guy as a nanny in Hong Kong to pay for my girlfriend's schooling here. THAT is dedication; and moreover...she is uterlly loyal to her husband despite the distance, and has several children.

You just can't beat this. In one week with this girl I knew she was better than any female I had ever met in my life. It was THAT obvious.

I think too though, those things you had from that site are so much fluff. I remember reading that myself lol and thinking :roll: I mean if you think ANY girl from ANY country is not going to have drawbacks, and have essentially a stepford wife, you are insane.

But from the girl I am with, her family, and the girls I am still friends with through messanger, facebook, and things like that....I would say they are great.

I wish I'd gone for them years ago lol
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

I will definitely try.

According to Wiki, there are 120+ languages in Philippines, but "the 1973 constitution declared the Pilipino language to be co-official, along with English, and mandated the development of a National language, to be known as Filipino." So do schools teach both English and Filipino? The examples you gave are in Filipino? Is there an online course for Filipino?

Thanks for your help!
Winston wrote:
DCX_10 wrote:Do the speak English? I thought that is the official language in schools. (Sorry for asking such a basic question.) Thanks
They do but it's more romantic and impressive when you say those words in their language. You win extra points :)

After all, you aren't going to have intellectual conversations with them. So what else are you going to talk about except flirting and charming them with words?