Taiwan is Boring, Repressed, Loveless, etc.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

kai1275 wrote:Zboy, they are totally different. Like not even close! Two totally different worlds. That is why I never comment on Taiwan related threads. I have been reading these threads on occasion because I want to learn more about them too.

The only time I see Taiwanese hanging out with Mainlanders here in the US, is if they have some other reason to identify with. Like they are Christian, Engineers at work or similar industry, etc. Mainlanders don't understand them very well either from what they tell me.
Well, that's good to know. Because it would be a complete waste of time for me to be in China, if Chinese women act like Korean or Taiwanese or even Asian American women for that matter!
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Zboy, they are totally different. Like not even close! Two totally different worlds. That is why I never comment on Taiwan related threads. I have been reading these threads on occasion because I want to learn more about them too.

The only time I see Taiwanese hanging out with Mainlanders here in the US, is if they have some other reason to identify with. Like they are Christian, Engineers at work or similar industry, etc. Mainlanders don't understand them very well either from what they tell me.
Well, that's good to know. Because it would be a complete waste of time for me to be in China, if Chinese women act like Korean or Taiwanese or even Asian American women for that matter!
The only ones that come close to that are some Shanghai women and the Beijing elite.