Globetrotter, dano, are Chinese women like these attainable?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: Why do you always assume the worst? Maybe she's looking for old fashioned romantic love? lol
Romantic love in developing world countries is tied to monetary value. How much can a man provide..as long as he isn't a total dickhead as well.
Her figure is ok. But how does she look so young? Is that common there?
Photoshop or inconsequential rmb per hour ms painters who can gloss over her flaws.
This one is my favorite though. So pretty and charming.
Winston you like the ideal but the reality is much more difficult.
How attainable is she?
Do you have the cultural skills to get involved? Also..aren't you married?
If you say "excuse me shau jie" to them on the street, will they stop and talk to you, usually?
Yeah they will. But Shau Jie has the connotation of a hostess or a prostitute these days. You might want to use alternative language.
Do these girls require men to be tall? Or only rich?
American women don't even really need tall men..just assertive men :).
What is the reality?

No I'm not married. How many billions of times do I have to say that?

What should I say instead of "Shau Jie" then?

How can "Shau Jie" be bad? I hear it used all the time by people. What else can you call a girl you don't know the name of?

Most American women, if you ask them, will tell you that they want a guy to be at least 5ft 9. It's in the personal ads. See their profiles on match.com or plentyoffish.com.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:
globetrotter wrote:One other thing:

She is looking for a 'giving' man to start a family right away. Her child is 14.

On the mainland the PRC pays for school to age 13 after that the parents pay for Middle School, High School and University. Total cost about 30,000 Yuan for all 8 years, room and board and books and food in that price.

She needs someone to pay for her daughter to go to school.

Today. Right now.
Why do you always assume the worst? Maybe she's looking for old fashioned romantic love?
Experience, Winston. Guarantee you that is what the next guy will end up paying for. When a woman is looking for old fashioned romantic love that does not preclude her from thinking of how to pay for her daughter's education. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Her figure is ok. But how does she look so young? Is that common there?
Yes. There isn't much in the way of HGH or BGH in the food supply and Asians have lower levels of testosterone, men and women, than Euro-Caucasians. So they mature much later and look younger. If she is a New China modern girl and has worked in an office, has a degree and has stayed out of the sun, the fields and the factories, then she will look this young. I see it every day. There seems to be a cutoff of age 37 or so. Older than that and the women look like they are 60. Younger than that and they look like the girl in the photos and the girls I see around town. 40 year old women look old, wrinkled and weathered but just a few years younger and you can see the difference very clearly.
This one is my favorite though. So pretty and charming.

http://www.loveme.com/invar/services/wo ... name=4_Pei

How attainable is she?
Very. You must know Hanyu and be willing to be a good boyfriend or husband. Only in Chinese cities, the Big 3, are the attitudes about dating modern. I think, from your posts, that you are looking for a fling like you have in the RP and China is definitely NOT the place for that unless you stick to the big cities. These girls all know that they have from the ages of 22 to 26 to get a husband and that after that they are 'old' and must compete with the new crop of young honeys coming up. Big pressure to stay thin (45 kg) and land a husband by age 26. 32 is way over the hill. 36 is unmarriable.
If you say "excuse me shau jie" to them on the street, will they stop and talk to you, usually?
I talk to women like this every day. I just cannot continue the conversation for more than a paragraph. I don't say 'shau jie' I just say 'hello' and smile and talk with them. Flyer girls, cellphone salesgirls, girls home from University, they are everywhere.
Do these girls require men to be tall? Or only rich?
Winston, I have answered this over and over. The girls are approachable and nice. You don't have to be tall or rich to chat them up. All Chinese girls will ask you if you have a nice car, own an apartment, have a good job. They all do this or find out from the grapevine. They also want to experience Americans and think that all Americans, ABC or other, are rich. One former assistant here, married last month, was QQ'ing with me yesterday and cooing about how rich I am (I told her I owned a Buick in the States) and that I can visit her at work anytime. She doesn't love her husband and wants me to buy her a sofa. She's 22-ish? I think?

Get on a plane and see for yourself. I suggest a 2nd or 3rd tier city. Xi'an, Zhenghou, Chengdu, Hanning or a smaller sattellite city near a bigger one. There are hundreds of such cities in the PRC. Hit up Wikipaedia and search for them.

Hurry before China gets rich and the women don't want Americans. I give the PRC 10 years, tops.[/quote]
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/%E5%B0%8F%E5%A7%90

但随着香港的夜總會色情业的发展,词义變得越趨負面,九十年代以后逐步用“小姐â€�一词指代女性“性工作者â€�(sex workers)。傳入中国内地後,由於色情業氾濫,“小姐â€�在民间渐成禁忌,尤其是在上海。另外,由于“小姐â€�已含有很大贬意成分,故被广泛用于对人格侮辱的不良用语中。在官方用语中也渐被“女士â€�这一称谓所取代。一些選美活動仍以「XX小姐」為名,例如香港小姐、亞洲小姐等,但為免引起誤會,不論大會司儀或傳媒皆會以“佳麗â€�稱呼參賽者。

Rough translation:

Following Hong Kong's cabaret & sex industry's development, the word (xiaojie) usage became negative, and from 1990's era "xiaojie" was used to indicate female sex worker. After the usage spread to Mainland China, due to the prevelance of sex industry, "xiaojie" gradually became unaccepable word for common usage. "Xiaojie" became a degrading word and used as slang to insult people. In formal speech, "Nu Tse" (formal Ms.) replaced Xiaojie. Beauty pagents still use XX Shaojie, such as Hong Kong Shao Jie, Asia Shao Jie, etc., but to avoid controversy, the media refers to contestants as "Ja Li" (Beauties) and not Xiaojie.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Holy macaro!

Look at this one! She's so perfect. I wonder though, why her photos are narrowed. Is she trying to make her face look thinner? Also, some girls always turn their face to the side in photos, rather than looking straightforward. Why is that? To look thinner?

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info626.htm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Re: Globetrotter, dano, are Chinese women like these attaina

Post by DCX_10 »

Winston, to answer your question, yes, they are very attainable. But there is a Chinese way of courting.

Chinese women are not necessarily materialistic. But they do want their men to be educated, have motivation and are "going places" in society. 5000 years of tradition die hard.
Winston wrote:Globetrotter, Dano, and anyone else who lives in China,

Are Chinese women like these attainable? If so, to what degree?

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info605.htm

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info613.htm

Also, how easy is it to find a nonmaterialistic nonshallow Chinese girl in China? Are there New Age or spiritual groups that you can join to meet such girls?

Thanks.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Holy macaro!

Look at this one! She's so perfect. I wonder though, why her photos are narrowed. Is she trying to make her face look thinner? Also, some girls always turn their face to the side in photos, rather than looking straightforward. Why is that? To look thinner?

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info626.htm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
1. Photo narrowed due to resolution issues, etc. from camera to computer. I've seen this happen with some of my own photos. Unintentional.

2. Facing camera at approximate 45% angle tends to be the most flattering angle for many faces. Apparent flaws and distortions can often be camouflaged or minimized at this angle.

3. Tilting head slightly to left or right is a seductive pose and can make a girl seem sexier to male viewers.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Globetrotter, dano, are Chinese women like these attaina

Post by Winston »

DCX_10 wrote:Winston, to answer your question, yes, they are very attainable. But there is a Chinese way of courting.

Chinese women are not necessarily materialistic. But they do want their men to be educated, have motivation and are "going places" in society. 5000 years of tradition die hard.
True, but even if I tell them that I'm a lawyer or have a great career, how do you hold a conversation with them? They seem to be on a narrow band frequency that I can't connect with.

I mean you can't talk to them normally like these folks talk, with a straightforward dialogue.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7GPc---fCyY[/youtube]

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

I am not a big fan of photos of girls on the internet. In Asia all pics are routinely shopped, girls are always lighter on photo that in real life. That said, you see girls that look like this in person, they just don't photograph like this.

So you will see girls like this every hour of the day, they just won't look like this when you meet this particular girl in person.