Pros and Cons of Living and Dating in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

billy,
Why do you keep posting those ghetto videos? If you're going to post youtube videos, use the youtube tags around them so they will embed here. Like this:

Code: Select all

[youtube]youtube URL[/youtube]
The tag button is at the top of the post form.

You are wrong about several things.

First, if I'm not middle class, then what am I? I'm definitely not low class. Are you? Low class people are not used to comforts. They have rugged hands that look like they are used to manual labor. Many women have felt my hand said that the skin on my hands is softer than most women's. That's not the mark of a low class person. Why are you so stupid?!

Just because I don't have a middle class income by US standards, doesn't mean I'm not middle class. People's class is dictated by their family, not by their income. Don't you know that?

In the Philippines, there are many poor families who achieve a middle class income by working hard. But the upper class families still consider them low class. They are simply called "low class people with money". That's because income doesn't dictate class. Family background does, as well as behavior.

There are also many upper class spoiled people who have no income but just use up their family income. But that doesn't make them low class. So you are wrong on that too.

Besides, by the standards of the Philippines, I do have a middle class income. Most people there make under $200 a month.

I also have middle class behavior, taste, mannerisms, style, etc. I eat the food that middle class people eat too.

Middle class people don't usually wear designer clothes. They dress casual and have nothing to prove. They don't need to show off. It's the poor girls who are trying to dress fancy to up their status.

Don't you know anything about life? Why did you make so many basic errors?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Yeah what the f**k? Winston is definitely considered middle-class.

Winston, aren't your parents considered upper-middle class Taiwanese at least?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

billy,
Well at least I didn't marry a low class girl. But the low class people in the Phils see me as a class much higher than themselves, so again your logic makes no sense.

I have a good reason for leaving the USA. It's explained all over this website and on the home page. Everyone here agrees with my reasons and shares them, so why are you now accusing me of not having a good reason to leave the US? WTF? Are you sure you are on the right forum? LOL

Dude, your writing style, grammar and sentence structure seems low class. At least mine does. I talk and write like a highly educated person. Look at your posts. Some of your sentences and paragraphs have two or three blank lines between them. It's like you can't even do that correctly. You only need one blank line between paragraphs, not two or three.

You're the one who is writing like a low class uneducated person. Not me.

An IQ of 110 is smart. But your points and writing style doesn't reflect that kind of IQ.

It is true that I don't have a middle class income by western standards. But I am not poor. I am a good saver and have more disposable income than a lot of American schmucks do.

But I do have a middle class background, lifestyle, habits, personality, etc.

Yeah Angeles City is low class. But I hated it. I never fit in there. I was there cause I have sex addiction. That was why. Not because of my class. I don't even drink alcohol or get drunk like the other guys there did. And I was very picky about the girls there. I didn't like most of them.

I know some wealthy guys who are loaded who live in Angeles City and spend lots of money everyday without end. Are they low class to you?

In fact, I grew up in upper middle class neighborhoods. So my peers in Fremont always told me, "Oh you live in the rich neighborhood."

Just because I'm not a corporate drone and don't do the 9 to 5 treadmill like most normal people do, doesn't mean that I'm not middle class. Is that your logic here? I don't understand you.

I mean, yeah I am a nonconformist and I live an unconventional lifestyle. But that doesn't make me low class. I may be low income by western standards, yeah, but not low class. I still come from an upper middle class background and am used to upper middle class amenities.

I also eat out at nice restaurants all the time too. Do low class people do that?
Last edited by Winston on December 23rd, 2011, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:Yeah what the f**k? Winston is definitely considered middle-class.

Winston, aren't your parents considered upper-middle class Taiwanese at least?
Yeah, I grew up in the Mission Hills area of Fremont, CA, which is considered UPPER middle class. The slang for that area in Fremont is "the rich people neighborhood". I may not have a middle class income cause I've chosen not to conform and am a rebel. But that has to do with my personal beliefs and lifestyle and freethinker type mentality. My background and the living conditions that I'm accustomed to is still upper middle class.

That's why I couldn't tolerate the Philippines very well. I'm too accustomed to everything being soft and clean.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

billy wrote:I would not give my daughter to an ugly, fat, racist, sex addict, sex tourist, cheap whoremonger, who
has a child from a prostitute, who has many mental problems even if I would be from the low class myself.

No offence, bro. I think still that you´re funny.
Who are you talking about? Yourself? I don't even fit half of those traits. I've never had a child with a prostitute either.

You sound like a Turk with personality problems, the kind that women don't like and avoid.

Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Winston, as has been mentioned before in numerous threads, to get noticed by the higher class Pinays of both sexes, you need to:
a) move from that shit hole called AC
b) get involved with the community, make yourself valuable to the community you live in. It doesn't mean taking on a job, but volunteering, making yourself known and seen as a good, knowledgeable, skilled and worldly person.
c) dress like a successful upper class person. You should know after having travelled around the world and specially in the 3rd and 4th world countries that social status and image are everything even more than in the west.

Expand your horizons, frequent a higher calibre of people, get involved with them, establish a social circle of successful people and watch a totally new world of connections and friendships and romances open up to you like you couldn't believe. Start frequenting the expat (the successful ones, those who built successful businesses in the Phils and overseas living in the Phils and not the retired, sex tourists, cheap charlies) and you'll see a different world.

This is what you need to do to step your game and your access to higher calibre of peoplee. Now whether you will do it or not, that's another story...
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Considering the poverty that exists in the Philippines, it is actually one of the safest places I've ever been to. I feel safer running around at night in Manila than I do in America. Filipinos are not generally violent people, they are relatively passive. I think that's why they are used so much as OFW's, they work harder than other nationalities and can take a lot of bullshit without complaining about it.

I would recommend the Philippines as a good place to party and get laid for guys into that lifestyle. In regards to a decent place for a traditional vacation, I'd go to another country that actually has interesting places to see and do. Philippines is pretty lame in regards towards a cultural vacation place to visit.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

billy wrote:These statements of you made me think you´re girlfriend is a prostitute. When it´s not the case
then sorry, I was wrong.

------
"Hi all,
Just a quick update.

Dianne is working at the bar again!

Last night me and my friends were out and when we went to the nicest one, Dianne was there, just as I thought. She looked hot and symmetrical in her bikini outfit.

One of my friends felt sorry for her, so he called her down for a drink and talked to her a bit.

Anyhow, it's hard for me to go there again, even though it's one of the best bars with the best shows, cause it's hard for me to see her like that, so unhappy and miserable, for 10 hours a day. I guess she has to, since she has no other source of income

But what can I do? I can't do anything to help her. And she won't follow any of our agreements or solutions. She just doesn't give a sh** anymore about anything and won't listen to anything or anybody. You could put her in a Viet Cong concentration camp and she wouldn't listen to anybody. Her mind is completely closed and trapped in her primitive one dimensional thinking "
----------

Which one of my descriptions are wrong and which right? Even one of the factors would make
it hard to give my fictional daughter to you.
You're going by technicalities. Dianne doesn't sleep with guys for money. She only worked in a bar for a few days to see what it was like. She was miserable there. She cannot flirt or pretend to like a guy she doesn't, as part of a job. Her personality didn't fit into there at all. So in heart and spirit, she was never a bar girl. She just tried it out for a few days and then quit, since it obviously wasn't her thing at all.

If I bring a guy who hates go go bars into a bar for one hour, just to show him around, does that make him a bar hopping guy? No it doesn't. He was just visiting for one time only, and is not a bar type at all. Likewise, if I don't eat steak, but I go to a steak house just to hang out and talk with some friends, does that make me a steak lover? Or if I'm not a Christian but just go to church once to accompany someone, does that make me a church person? Think about it.

You got to put it all into context, not try to use technicalities to get your way. That is cheap and low.

Billy, you are contributing more errors here in this forum than good solid points, and giving more bad advice than good. You do generate discussions, but your influence seems more negative than positive. Also, make sure to check your spelling before submitting posts. It's tedious to have to correct the spelling mistakes in your posts.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Useful post billy!

I know quite a few Filipinas that teach English to Koreans and Japanese. If you're a Western guy with good spoken English then I'm sure you could get in on this trade. God knows why Koreans/Japs would want to learn English from a Filipino, the only girl I dated who went down this route spoke terrible English!

Good tip about the professional girls - they are the type I date in China. You know they're not just marrying you for money, although money is gigantically important in China. The other good thing about Chinese women is that being lazy isn't really in their culture.

Man, I really do need to visit the PI myself, if only to fly with that Cebu airline with the hot dancing air hostesses!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Billy,
Very nice article!Thanks for posting it! Btw, where did you find that article from?
Guys, this is what I'm talking about when I mentioned getting into the right crowds and here in Asia and the Phils, it's a lot easier to get into the in crowd specially for a smart, motivated and ambitious westerner than it is in the West. You can hack your way to great networking, careers and biz wise much easier and faster than in the West by far.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I've already mentioned most of what that guy has stated about dating professionals and how to succeed in PI in previous posts. I think though some people have naturally more energy than others in regards to motivating themselves to do business ventures on their own. This guy obviously has the energy to start it up but doesn't like to hang around and run it himself to make sure it doesn't go into the toilet. Also some people are more or less dense in regards to relationships. This guy should have seen her lack of motivation within a few months of knowing her. One can succeed in PI or other corrupt countries by either being more professionally qualified than the locals or being a better bullshitter and manipulator. This guy obviously knows how to bullshit people to get ahead in life. In business that comes in handy. So yeah if you can't think outside the box and change momentum when needed you can't succeed in most 2nd or 3rd world countries for long. That is if you are trying to live there and all that.
Last edited by Mr S on January 9th, 2012, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

The airline that you're referring to is Cebu Pacific and the stewardesses there are usually tall and pretty. And it's great to see them dance, though they tend to do that more on domestic flights rather than international flights, e.g. between Hong Kong and the Phillipines.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

smallcheese wrote:The airline that you're referring to is Cebu Pacific and the stewardesses there are usually tall and pretty. And it's great to see them dance, though they tend to do that more on domestic flights rather than international flights, e.g. between Hong Kong and the Phillipines.
They don't dance anymore. They have stupid quiz questions that a retarded 1st grader could answer, trying to get rid of an overstock of their junky Cebu Pacific branded low-end souvenirs.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S,
You said that your recommendation that I go to Bangkok goes right in one ear and out the other. Well I could say the same about you staying in the Philippines, despite your incompatibility with it and disdain for Filipino culture, which I share as well. If you think about it, it's insane that you are staying in a place you don't belong and don't fit in, just cause of your daughter. You could easily support her from abroad. You staying there just for someone else is self-crucifixion. Your daughter has her karma and destiny, which will work things out for her. You can't torture yourself for someone else like that. By staying there, you are only making yourself suffer, along with her, making two people suffer instead of one. You are destroying your freedom and happiness this way, and torturing yourself in the process. Please read this book and you'll know what I mean:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Freedom.pdf

You and I both agree that the PI is only good for casual sex and cheap P4P and fun. But not for long term living. Everything in every major category of life SUCKS there. You are not hanging in a culture and people that are compatible with you at all. You are a misfit there. It's insane and sadomasochistic to stay there. You know that. I know in your heart, that you know I'm right. You aren't happy there at all, despite how you try to rationalize it.

Why don't you try to transfer your IELTS examiner job to Bangkok, since it's much nicer there as you say? That would be the logical thing to do. Then, from there, you could visit your daughter for a few months of the year?

smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Winston,

I don't know you at all and I've only joined this enlightening site recently. But from your reply my guess is that you don't have any children? If that's true, then you don't truly understand what it means to be a parent. It's hard to explain to someone the bond between a parent and his child when the person isn't a parent yet. I don't know what Mr. S would say but if I had to take an educated guess, I think the main reason he stays in the Phillipines despite all of its issues is because he wants to be as good a father as he can be to his daughter. As a parent, your time with your children is limited and when they grow up, you can't get that time back. So being in a country that's not ideal but allows you to spend as much quality time as possible with your child is worth more than all the money and material comforts in the world, IMHO. It's a trade off but one that many loving parents are willing to make.