Fields Avenue scene is dead

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Fields Avenue scene is dead

Post by publicduende »

I was in AC yesterday to meet a good friend, an Italian man whom I met through @Winston and occasional poster here.

We both strolled a few times down Fields Avenue, Walking Street and a couple of side streets. It may well be that it's still too close to New Year's Day and the "bar scene" isn't full throttle because most of the girls are still in their province.

Yet, the impression I could gather was of a truly dying thing. With almost half of the bars or restaurants badly boarded up and shut, several hotels reduced in space of outright closed and very few people walking, mostly Chinese and Korean, the whole place had the ambience of a cold, empty basement. Truly pathetic.

We also popped to what my friend introduced as "the biggest and newest" disco in town, Eureka, tucked away on a side street at one end of Fields Avenue. It was about 10:30, perhaps a bit too early. The venue is admittedly new and very large, with sofas and tables spanning across three floors, balcony style. Thing is, the place was completely empty. The only occupied sofa was one of the large ones downstairs near the dancefloor, with one single foreign (possibly American) man sitting at one side and no fewer than 6 girls, all quietly having dinner, probably at his expense.

Quite pathetic (part 2) :)

To top it up, I have heard that barfining a bar girl would now cost upwards of P5,000. That is, P5,000 for a couple of hours of sex with a pudgy single mom with fat flaps around her C-section scar.

The only, tiny, note of colour was probably the ladyboys clustering a specific corner of Fields Avenue.

This is the second time I venture on that place and, as I do so, I always have the flamboyant descriptions given by Winston in mind: the excitement, the camaraderie with other (s)expats, the cheap shenanigans, the (relative) quality & quantity of girls available. None of this was apparent last night, not to the slightest, even compared to my first stroll with Jester more than 3 years ago.

One might say that, being married, I did not have the same incentive and zest to "take things further". Yet, in all honestly, even if had been single and horny, I just did not see anything at all that could have spurred my senses. The only word I have for the whole thing is...it's dying.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Fields Avenue scene is dead

Post by gsjackson »

Another undernoted casualty of Covid Crazy Time. Deliberately so. TPTB want us locked up in our tiny little spaces, not congregating in face-to-face interactions where someone might, by chance, take note of the shackles that bind us. Certainly the nightlife in my little city (pop. 110,000) didn't survive the attack, and I'd imagine that's the case in most American cities.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

@publicduende

I did a quick research and 'Eureka' is very new and looks expensive it is said.The girls may have gone home for the new year. 10.30 pm for a night club is too ealy. Normally the action started at 1 am depending on the club.

The best time for getting girls was at 4am when the bargirls went there. The best club seems to be 'Eclipse' and also 'Mega Dance Center'. They are redoing club Sky Trax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP70pPlGW9Q
All about Walking Street Angeles city. Useful information for newcomers tourists.

The hotter videos are more in Thailand Pattaya.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8PMdyrfn4
Pattaya Soi 6 Nightlife So Many Pretty Ladies, Thailand July 2023
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

gsjackson wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 4:33 am
Another undernoted casualty of Covid Crazy Time. Deliberately so. TPTB want us locked up in our tiny little spaces, not congregating in face-to-face interactions where someone might, by chance, take note of the shackles that bind us. Certainly the nightlife in my little city (pop. 110,000) didn't survive the attack, and I'd imagine that's the case in most American cities.
Honestly, if the scene went down so fast and so bad, it mustn't have been in good health even before Covid madness. Even before Covid, I know the clientele had shifted heavily from Americans/white Westerners to Chinese, Koreans, the occasional Indian or Middle Eastern etc. These are people who won't spend a few thousand pesos while talking and laughing with their fellow punters, before a few more thousands are spent to barfine their chosen piece of Pinay meat. They just want to do the deed, and maybe have a few cheap drinks in their own hotel rooms or homes.

I didn't see this on Fields Avenue but saw it in another red light area near Puerto Galera: punter enter the venue and sees all the girls (or all the best girls) already sitting in a corner, next to or on the lap on their Chinese or Korean man. They have been barfined even before the venue has opened, so al they do is just enjoy a couple of shows (in our case it was some very mediocre ladyboy cabaret and comedy) and leave. The whole thing is over by 9:30.

If this is the going model on Fields Avenue, I don't even see the point in having bars with overpriced drinks, stages and tables and sofas. Mamasan can just stand outside in the afternoon, with a nice colourful catalogues of girls and just take orders...
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

galii wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 5:41 am
@publicduende

I did a quick research and 'Eureka' is very new and looks expensive it is said.The girls may have gone home for the new year. 10.30 pm for a night club is too ealy. Normally the action started at 1 am depending on the club.

The best time for getting girls was at 4am when the bargirls went there. The best club seems to be 'Eclipse' and also 'Mega Dance Center'. They are redoing club Sky Trax.

All about Walking Street Angeles city. Useful information for newcomers tourists.

The first time I was on Fields Avenue I went to High Society (now closed permanently), one of the better dancefloor. It was packed and quite lively around 10:00 already.

Thanks for the info.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

publicduende wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 9:33 am
galii wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 5:41 am
@publicduende

The first time I was on Fields Avenue I went to High Society (now closed permanently), one of the better dancefloor. It was packed and quite lively around 10:00 already.

Thanks for the info.
Yes HISO was always packed on Fridays and Saturdays but on the weekenends the action could start quite a bit later. A PUA guy who as active in Colombia and Miami said that HISO was the best club he has ever been. I guess because the girls were much more easier I guess.