Hanging out in Chiang Mai - Just landed!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Hanging out in Chiang Mai - Just landed!

Post by GerardButler »

This is supposed to be a better City in Thailand. I hear it's very walkable unlike Bangkok which is 10 million people and takes forever to get anywhere :)

Not bad for $30/day!

$3 dinner

I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Hanging out in Chiang Mai - Just landed!

Post by Voyager1 »

GerardButler wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 2:41 pm
This is supposed to be a better City in Thailand. I hear it's very walkable unlike Bangkok which is 10 million people and takes forever to get anywhere :)

Not bad for $30/day!

$3 dinner

Yes, that is exactly what you need. Cheap budget accommodation and $3 rice and papaya meals being the "millionaire" that you are. :lol:
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

GerardButler wrote:
Enjoy. Be happy.

I prefer BKK though. Las Vegas in Asia.

There's Tiger Kingdom which I went to and it was awesome to see the tigers. But afterwards I felt sorry for them because they're all heavily sedated on drugs.

https://www.tigerkingdom.com/chiangmai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 4:36 pm
GerardButler wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what you need. Cheap budget accommodation and $3 rice and papaya meals being the "millionaire" that you are. :lol:

It is evident that you do not know much about this city, as the majority of housing costs around that amount being a college town. You wouldn't know anything about that, being a 3rd grade dropout :lol:
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

kangarunner wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 5:14 pm
GerardButler wrote:
Enjoy. Be happy.

I prefer BKK though. Las Vegas in Asia.

There's Tiger Kingdom which I went to and it was awesome to see the tigers. But afterwards I felt sorry for them because they're all heavily sedated on drugs.

https://www.tigerkingdom.com/chiangmai
It's all about mixing it up. Here's a nice report on Bangkok: https://culturewhiz.org/trip-reports/ba ... rs-singles

Tigers would be nice for social media posts!
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Good luck with your rice and papaya based dishes :lol:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

GerardButler wrote:
This is supposed to be a better City in Thailand. I hear it's very walkable unlike Bangkok which is 10 million people and takes forever to get anywhere
Not bad for $30/day!
$3 dinner
Northern Thailand has been always cheaper for a living as a foreigner than other parts of Thailand.
Also the area is nicer compared to Eastern Thailand (Isaan)

Now is end of winter season, many foreigners are leaving and nice hotel rooms are quite cheap. Baht 1000,- or so...

Walkable? Not really however, this is not such a small area with more than 1 million people around.

Chiang Mai city itself has only about 150.000 people but traffic is quite dense in the inner part - often pollution is a problem too.

If you want to go around Chiang Mai area for sightseeing you better rent a motorcycle (however you need a driving licence for motorcycles and a helmet and police now is checking about it frequently)
-----
Dinner for USD 3,-? For 100 baht?
The menu you show us indicates otherwise - USD 10, 12, 13 for a simple meal
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 8:49 pm
He had the rice and beans edition.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 6:36 pm
Good luck with your rice and papaya based dishes :lol:
Yeah, when you're physically fit, your body doesn't crave a lot of unnecessary food.

You, on the other hand, could probably not walk five minutes without requiring medical assistance.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

GerardButler wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 5:56 pm
It is evident that you do not know much about this city, as the majority of housing costs around that amount being a college town.
I think you're BS'ing us. I think a millionaire would stay in a much nicer place like the Tolani Northgate Villa Chiang Mai. (5 star, .8km from centre).

GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Yohan wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 8:49 pm
GerardButler wrote:
This is supposed to be a better City in Thailand. I hear it's very walkable unlike Bangkok which is 10 million people and takes forever to get anywhere
Not bad for $30/day!
$3 dinner
Northern Thailand has been always cheaper for a living as a foreigner than other parts of Thailand.
Also the area is nicer compared to Eastern Thailand (Isaan)

Now is end of winter season, many foreigners are leaving and nice hotel rooms are quite cheap. Baht 1000,- or so...

Walkable? Not really however, this is not such a small area with more than 1 million people around.

Chiang Mai city itself has only about 150.000 people but traffic is quite dense in the inner part - often pollution is a problem too.

If you want to go around Chiang Mai area for sightseeing you better rent a motorcycle (however you need a driving licence for motorcycles and a helmet and police now is checking about it frequently)
-----
I crossed the street to the mall, they have a nice food court for dinner.

I enjoy having an assortment of modest dishes and options.

Many foreigners are also fleeing Phuket, and prices are falling rapidly. Phuket, unlike Chiang Mai, has a beach and clean air. Chiang Mai is amidst the smoky season. The air quality in northern Thailand, particularly in Chiang Mai, is at an all-time low now.

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

This one looks nice too. The Inside House. https://www.the-insidehouse.com/gallery/

Junior Suite with Private Pool - Full Bed. $300/night. Way above his budget.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 8:30 am
GerardButler wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 5:56 pm
It is evident that you do not know much about this city, as the majority of housing costs around that amount being a college town.
I think you're BS'ing us. I think a millionaire would stay in a much nicer place like the Tolani Northgate Villa Chiang Mai. (5 star, .8km from centre).
Right, that room is smaller and presumably has a lot of mosquitoes due to its proximity to the ground floor. There is also no exercise center with a sauna, 24-hour room service, a Jacuzzi bath with a separate shower, or a business center with secretarial services.

Nice try, but you fail yet again, loser :lol:
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

Voyager1 wrote:
March 25th, 2023, 8:40 am
This one looks nice too. The Inside House. https://www.the-insidehouse.com/gallery/

Junior Suite with Private Pool - Full Bed. $300/night. Way above his budget.
Another shitty deal. I have a king-sized bed and the pool is on the seventh floor a long with two restaurants over looking the city.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

No need for millionaires to travel up to the cheapest region of Thailand.

I recommend for true millionaires only (not suitable for PAG) after arrival in Bangkok a VIP transfer straight to the Royal Wing Suites & Spa in Pattaya, PRESIDENTIAL PLATINUM SUITE, 336 m2 = 3,616.7 ft² - it is about USD 3200,- per night.