Scam-as- You-Go

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Scam-as- You-Go

Post by ladislav »

Scam-as- You-Go

In my previous posts, I have described some established scams, the classic ones. However, in many cases, the flam flam ladies look at the situation and invent schemes on the go that would suit that situation as they go along.

Here is an example of one:

An Amerikano man in Manila finds a person on a dating site, a young lady who describes herself as a good, but poor girl. She comes with a chaperon at all times, they all have dinner, go to the movies, visit parks, and after some time, the man and the lady agree to become a BF and GF. The guy also tells her that he would be willing to help her monthly with P10K.

But the problem was that the lady says that she is in the process of getting her postal ID, which takes two months. But it is OK, you can send the money to Clara, the chaperon, in the meantime, they are very close, and the chaperon will just deliver the money to her.
The lady also wants to have her own room, which will not be far from her home, but she is too shy to tell you that she will need 2500 + last month rent and a deposit.

"Ok, Ok, it is just $140, chump change, just get the receipt from the landlord".

"Yes, I will send you one". But she never does.

After the man goes back to his country, he sends the money to the friend of the lady, and on FB, the remittance is acknowledged by both the lady and the friend/chaperon. The lady keeps writing PM's of thanks, letters of love, and the chaperon says the money has been delivered. He adds 500 for the chaperon's trouble every time he remits the cash.

Then, the lady writes to the man about how much she wants to have her own business in front of her house. If he would only sent her 20,000, she would no longer be a burden to him, and instead, sell things. No longer he would need to send her the monthly allowance. She is working at her auntie's store part time, and already has experience selling, and a small stall in front of her own house would change her life. She would no longer have to ask the man for money but be independent and worthy of him.

The man initially refuses because it is still a big sum, and he does not have a budget for it. "Ok, how about 12,000? Because my auntie will loan me 8000 and then, I will be able to start the business.

The man reluctantly agrees. Then, the girl writes to him the next day, " Oh, I am sorry, there's been an accident, my aunt is in the hospital and she took the 8000 back. 12,000 is not enough now. "

The man decides to call the lady to have a video chat, but she does not pick up." I am in a church" she says, " I can't talk face to face".
"Look Maria", the man types irritated. "I cannot help you with business again. This 12000, you just use as your allowance for next month."
"OK", the girl writes back. Then, she stops answering.

The next day, the chaperon writes to the man. "Your GF is in the hospital with a bad case of UTI. I'll go and visit her. But she's not allowed to use her phone in there. So, I'll be the link between you and her. "

After four days, the chaperon writes again. " Good news, she has recovered, and is now back home resting".

"Grrrr! Can I see the receipt?"

The girl is back online, with some band-aid on her face. ( UTI?). The man again presses for the hospital receipt. And he wants rent receipts.
The treatment receipt arrives, looking authentic. The hospital cost 9500 ( neat two zeros). "Darn, so, now I have to send her the allowance again!" No rent receipts, though.

Then, the girl stops answering again. The chaperon appears: "Oh, no, Maria has lost her phone. Can you send P 6000?"

"OK, "says the man," but this is the last time. We agreed on 10,000 a month, no? But hey, accidents happen". Too often though. Must be a streak of bad luck.

The chaperon has received the money, and now Maria is back on line sending the man the picture of her new phone." Thank you darling! Now we can talk." And then she stops communicating for the umpteenth time.

A new friend request comes from Maria on FB. "My FB was hacked, don't contact me there. This is my new FB. By the way, I have no phone now. I am borrowing my mother's phone. Can you send me a load?"

" Wait a minute! I sent you the money to buy the new phone! Just a couple of days ago. I've been sending you your allowance and the money for the business and the hospital. Here are the photos and the receipt! You sent me those."

" I never got any money! I was never in the hospital. I don't know whose phone that is. I don't know whose receipt that is. Oh, it was Clara ( the chaperon). She pretended to be me. She talked to you on my behalf. She never gave me any money, but pocketed all of it herself.
"
The man is in shock and contacts Clara." Clara, Maria says that you never gave her any money! Please explain! "

"Oh, she's lying, I did give her the money, but she's no longer living in the neighborhood. After you left for your country, she left here. She would send her friend to pick up the money. I gave it to her friend, not her. And guess what? She cheated on you. She has a new BF. Here is the picture of them together"

"WTF??? Why didn't you tell me, Clara?"

" Oh, I was afraid she'd get mad at me and hate me. "

The man goes into Maria's new FB and scrolls through the pictures. A photo of Maria inside of a new SUV, brand new clothes, holding wads of pesos and smiling, a big room with a large flat screen TV, a man's pair of shoes, a nice sturdy house, a motorcycle helmet on the wall.

"Da*n you! You scammed me, Maria! How could you do it to me? We are finished!" He blocks her, erases all her messages, blocks Clara and tries to put it all behind him.

All in all, the man lost some $1000 and four months of the sweet illusion which were good while they lasted. He was genuinely in love with Maria.
The moral of the story: not all scams follow the predictable scenario. Sometimes, the scammers create new situational tactics. However, they still insert the familiar hospital, rent, lost phone, no load elements in them, in addition to some new ones.

Eventually, they become entangled in their own web of lies and the man finds out. But by then, he has lost time and money.

Proceed with caution and if you have to spend money, spend only minimal amounts. No condos, no motorcycles, no luxury shopping, etc.

And such stories are there so that we do not have to "live and learn", but learn while other people " live" ( the lies)
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Scam-as- You-Go

Post by publicduende »

99% of these scams happen for one reason and one reason only: the man is in his home country and has no other means of interaction with "Maria" than a shaky Internet connection and a few social media and messenger accounts who could be easily faked by just about anyone.

Remember that most Filipinos are not only lazy, their brains is also wired with the notion of wanting the biggest possible return for the least amount of investment. Where "return" and "investment" may be expressed in any known currency: money, hard work, ingenuity, discipline, etc. This is why so many of them keep falling squarely into the millions of Ponzi schemes available at any one time: they cannot fathom the notion that, just maybe, they are better off working hard for something that gives them a small but predictable return (like gaining some professional skills), rather than daydreaming about a "new cryptocurrency company" that "guarantees" to double their cash in 3 months.

Believe me @ladislav and @MarcosZeitola, the $1,000 scam that the "Marias" or "Juans" execute against the poor lovestruck kano 7,000 miles away, is nothing compared to the damage that they can wreck on themselves, or each other.

Working and lower-middle class Filipinos, the vast majority of the population here, are, literally, their worst enemies. No foreigner, no Chinese, no Marcos or Duterte will ever take this title away.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Mercer wrote:
February 12th, 2023, 9:31 am
Imagine being dumb enough to get scammed from some low IQ, third-world gook. :lol:
If a man reasons with his ballsack, that's what you can expect.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Mercer wrote:
February 12th, 2023, 9:35 am
This is why the blackpill is so imporant for men to learn. If you're truly blackpilled then you will learn how life really works and you'll never get scammed again. Smart men who have studied the blackpill understand that "love" doesn't actually exist.
Even the most cynical blackpilled guy can melt like cheese under the sun, when he goes from virtually incel to sex 3 times a day with a girl who has the looks, the sexual appetite and the personality of a teenager, plus island hopping and beachside fun, exotic food and friendly faces with a perma-smile.

It's all about that massive surge of serotonin that f***s you up. I have been there, like @Winston and many other who spent time in the Philippines, so I can tell you by experience.

The only, and I mean the only thing that stops a man from being scammed is the awareness, which comes after several trips and/or several months here, that they can play the same game: play nice guys, hint and half-promise, get a week or month of steamy stuff...and then jump to another girl as soon as the risk of having to start a relationship becomes real. Eat or be eaten, kinda thing.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

publicduende wrote:
February 12th, 2023, 9:33 am
Mercer wrote:
February 12th, 2023, 9:31 am
Imagine being dumb enough to get scammed from some low IQ, third-world gook. :lol:
If a man reasons with his ballsack, that's what you can expect.
online dating is so lucrative that most scammers do online dating for this. Mostly western grandpa men think the 18yo girl is really in love with an 80yo grandpa for pure love and "age is just a number" (as in he will die soon as well)