Going to Thailand for 3 months....

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Hoecus
Freshman Poster

Going to Thailand for 3 months....

Post by Hoecus »

Hey all,

My wife and I are going to Thailand for 3 months , leaving this Sunday. We would like to know some good places to see and some decent places to stay. We are not looking for 5 star hotels and prefer where there are no tourists. If anyone has some contacts there or some good ideas , please drop a lilne here. Also, how much can we expect to spend per day on food and sight seeing. We are more into the beaches and clubs at night for dancing.

Ray and Marina
Death, It Comes Soon My Love
Demons Play Dressed In Candlelight
Scarlet Rain On Skin As Snow Never Fades

Cum My Love And Take The Devil's Kiss
My Lust Drenched In Blood
My Love Split The Skin
My Lust

Mortal Dreams, Thousand Years
Through These Eyes I Have Held You All
Shadow Tears, When Roses Fade,
You Will Stay

Eternal Winter
Angles Cry
Father Doesn't Hear
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

One could spend all day replying but I'll try to keep it simple. Best thing to do is do your own online research as you are the only one who knows what you like and don't like.

I suggest joining or reading through this discussion board for info regarding latest info about Thailand:

http://www.thaivisa.com/

In regards to places I would just go only Lonely Planet or buy their guide and use that as well. Bangkok is a large city and dirty. noisy, all that. I wouldn't stay there too long unless you like cities.

Phuket is nice vacation place, has a bit of every thing. Chiang Mai is a northern city that is nice and not as messed up as Bangkok. Pattaya is interesting to visit but it's mostly full of bars for prostitution, but you don't have to partake as there are other things one can do. There are a lot of temples around to visit. I would recommend taking a trip to Cambodia since your there to see the temples there as they are better than in Thailand. I've mostly been around central and southern Thailand, but that was five years ago so I hesitate to recommend places to stay as a lot has probably changed.

I noticed a lot of Russians work there or go on vacation, but most seemed to be either whores or in the mafia.

Just do you're research and you should be ok. I guess this is a good time to visit as they are desperate for tourists so you can find some good deals on everything there.

Be careful of scammers there, especially in Bangkok. They act all friendly and helpful but are just trying to deceive you into parting with your money in various ways. Only ask for help from government officials or police type people. Friendly people that come up to you to assist you want money for their assistance and you won't know till you try to get rid of them and they make a scene or something.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.