Thai new restriction: reporting after 24 hour absence from house

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Thai new restriction: reporting after 24 hour absence from house

Post by ladislav »

Now, in Thailand, all foreigners must report to immigration if they leave their place of residence for longer than 24 hours.
People are leaving:
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50630491/f ... tion-rule/
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thai new restriction: reporting after 24 hour absence from house

Post by Yohan »

ladislav wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 11:11 am
Now, in Thailand, all foreigners must report to immigration if they leave their place of residence for longer than 24 hours.
This information is not correct. All foreign visitors who stay in hotels do not report anything. The hotel has the duty to do this for them.

If you are an owner of a condominium and you live there, you report yourself on arrival to immigration, a simple paperwork procedure,
I do that frequently for me and my family members and for friends who stay in my conddominium. Never had any trouble.

If I travel to another city within Thailand, away from my condominium in Pattaya, I stay in a hotel - and the hotel will do the required registration for me. What is the problem?

-----

However in Thailand there are many illegals, often overstay their permit for years and authorities make it as difficult as possible for them to disappear within Thailand.

There is also a rampant illegal renting-out of private rooms going on in Thailand to foreigners for a few days only, despite the law says, private rooms require a contract/tenant of at least 1 month - as it is clearly disturbing the hotel business.

I can image that such private owners, often foreigners, will find themselves in troubles and cannot rent out their rooms anymore.