Japan - Domestic Violence on Males/Men - #pinkelephant

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Japan - Domestic Violence on Males/Men - #pinkelephant

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Nobita really tackles some serious issues in Japan and the U.S. of Gay. He got sh.it for talking candidly on Black American issues, and this guy is a self-taught English-speaker. For him to take on such social commentary foreign to him, I have to respect him for that.

Here's the video on DV in JP that he has hashed on:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Japan - Domestic Violence on Males/Men - #pinkelephant

Post by Yohan »

Japan is not violence free. However Japan is very crime-low against outsiders. People who have their disputes are doing this among themselves, know each other before. Japanese people rarely attack unknown people who have nothing to do with them.

Nothing really new about that. There is some data about domestic violence against women, but also against men in Japan I have to look them up again.- Generally as far as I remember, it was about 2/3 men violent against women and 1/3 women violent against men.
Many cases were counted twice, as both were violent against each other. Alcohol and debts play a major role.

However in Japan domestic violence is not really such a feminist issue. As long as there is no reason like serious injuries, police will not interfere much, sometimes asking the man to spend one night in a cheap hotel or asking the wife to stay a few days with one of her girlfriends or so.

Also it should be noticed that in domestic violence disputes in Japan, children are rarely mistreated in disputes between man and wife.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 6:47 pm
Nobita really tackles some serious issues in Japan and the U.S. of Gay. He got sh.it for talking candidly on Black American issues, and this guy is a self-taught English-speaker. For him to take on such social commentary foreign to him, I have to respect him for that.

Here's the video on DV in JP that he has hashed on:
I'm a big fan of Nobita. He is kind of a geek, but he knows how to home in on a lot of complex issues and he has a nose for sniffing out the BS people tell him.

The "Brack People" commentary was priceless and he was unmoved by the typical leftist retorts.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 8:32 am
The "Brack People" commentary was priceless and he was unmoved by the typical leftist retorts.
I have to second Coontrarian (glad to see you couldn't stay away after all, btw ;)). I don't really watch Nobita or mess with him like that, however, I do appreciate him making "real" videos about topics the Japanese would shy away from. Then again, I'm not one for pretensions and sugar coating.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Man With a Plan wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 11:49 am
I have to second Coontrarian (glad to see you couldn't stay away after all, btw ;)). I don't really watch Nobita or mess with him like that, however, I do appreciate him making "real" videos about topics the Japanese would shy away from. Then again, I'm not one for pretensions and sugar coating.
@ContrarianExpatriate/@Contrarian Expatriate Body this myopic-minded reprobate. This afterbirth of a male is The Undertaker of WWF/WWE bigotry.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

At least when women kiss me they close their eyes and let me tongue them. :D

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 11:59 am
Man With a Plan wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 11:49 am
@ContrarianExpatriate/@Contrarian Expatriate Body this myopic-minded reprobate. This afterbirth of a male is The Undertaker of WWF/WWE bigotry.
I actually did not see that post until you quoted it above. I've had his posts on ignore. But I tend to believe that I have bigger fish to fry than to engage with him.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

June 28th, 2019, 12:31 pm
I actually did not see that post until you quoted it above. I've had his posts on ignore. But I tend to believe that I have bigger fish to fry than to engage with him.
> Bigger fish to fry
> Regularly "debates" Cornfed

Imagine being this delusional.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Yohan wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 6:27 am
Japan is not violence free. However Japan is very crime-low against outsiders. People who have their disputes are doing this among themselves, know each other before. Japanese people rarely attack unknown people who have nothing to do with them.

Nothing really new about that. There is some data about domestic violence against women, but also against men in Japan I have to look them up again.- Generally as far as I remember, it was about 2/3 men violent against women and 1/3 women violent against men.
Many cases were counted twice, as both were violent against each other. Alcohol and debts play a major role.

However in Japan domestic violence is not really such a feminist issue. As long as there is no reason like serious injuries, police will not interfere much, sometimes asking the man to spend one night in a cheap hotel or asking the wife to stay a few days with one of her girlfriends or so.

Also it should be noticed that in domestic violence disputes in Japan, children are rarely mistreated in disputes between man and wife.
Thank you, Yohan. :+1: Your profound insight is always welcomed.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Japanese women are difficult to get along with...

3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry A Japanese Woman
https://www.returnofkings.com/178429/3- ... nese-woman
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taco wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 10:47 pm
Japanese women are difficult to get along with...

3 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Marry A Japanese Woman
https://www.returnofkings.com/178429/3- ... nese-woman
Sounds still very much better than
http://www.returnofkings.com/156787/18- ... tish-woman

18 reasons why you should never date or marry a British woman....

About this article, 3 reasons,
1 - Language....
Well, in Japan 96 percent of the population are native Japanese speakers and at least 2 percent (of Korean and Chinese origin) are using Japanese as their daily second language. If you want to live in Japan among Japanese people, I see no reason why you should not learn the language, otherwise you will be an illiterate - up to you...

2 - Obligations...
This is exaggerated, nowadays salaries in Japan are not paid in cash, but into your banking account and in Japan shared private banking accounts are not allowed. It's up to you how much you give for regular expenses, but you cannot expect the wife to pay the whole amount for the loan or rent. You have to share your expenses.

Most foreign men I know in Japan after marriage are rarely on a spouse visa, but have a regular job and later on change their visa status to long-term and permanent residency and do not depend on the wife for a visa.

3 - Laws
If you compare Western laws with Japanese law, you are surely better off in Japan as a husband. It is very difficult to enforce child support and alimony. Domestic violence law is also very weak.

About divorce in Japan, most lawyers are not interested in such stuff, which is no business in Japan - most young couples don't own very much anyway, they fill out some forms using the internet, go to the ward office, sign and are divorced, they pack their things in their rented room, move away and go their own way.