If you think you work long hours...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

If you think you work long hours...

Post by momopi »

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN2019061300 ... ertainment

By Kim Boram
SEOUL, June 13 (Yonhap) -- With tvN's big-budget fantasy drama "Arthdal Chronicles" grappling with allegations of mistreating crew during filming, the harsh production environments of the South Korean television industry have come into the limelight.

Even before its premiere on June 1, the 40 billion-won (US$33.7 million) drama was under fire for allegedly violating labor laws from local civic groups, including the Seoul-based Hanbit Media Labor Rights Center.

In April, they filed a lawsuit against Studio Dragon, the show's production studio, claiming that the drama crew had worked 151 hours in seven days without a day off while the drama was in production.

They argued that one staff member was even injured during a shooting session in Brunei but that the company covered it up.

According to labor laws revised last year, all employees in the broadcasting industry are subject to the 68-hour working standard per week. The mandatory working hours will be reduced in time for the implementation of a mandatory 52-hour workweek in the industry this summer.

=======

p.s. Arthdal Chronicles is now avail on Netflix.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 11th, 2019, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If you think you work long hours...

Post by jamesbond »

Ghost wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 7:41 pm
East Asia has gotten to be a lot like the U.S. in the sense that it's only any fun if you've got cash. If you're a worker bee peon, it sucks.

I was just reading an article that stated that workers in the United States get the least amount of time off than any other industrialized country in the world. Germany on the other hand, gives it's employees 6 weeks paid vacation a year, plus 12 paid holidays and unlimited sick time!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Ghost wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 7:41 pm
This has bad implications for finding a woman from Asia too. Female careerism has exploded, and I rarely met a girl who didn't work six days per week.
Of course Asia would swallow up female careerism. Especially in the places where local people have been working hard already. When I was in Vietnam recently I found the young women there to be very career-oriented.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Wow, even SEAL trainees get more shuteye during Hell Week.