Why so many short time hotels

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Why so many short time hotels

Post by ComingSoon »

Ok guys, please dont give me some of the obvious answers like, people like to have sex.

What makes the Philippine people open to so much open sex and therefore the need for short time hotels.

I live in a mid sized city in the US and there is NONE. Yea there are cheap hotels and people use them for that purpose. But you cant drive in and close the garage door and have a adjoining room. It just is not a business here.

My question is twofold. What makes the filipina so open to sex? And why is the population as a whole ok with using short time hotels for this purpose?

I know you guys have many examples but here is a few that puzzle me only because it is so common.
Two different girls both after meeting once and I barely knew them sent me a text and said "if you buy me a cell phone you can f*** me" These were NOT working girls. Yea they are acting like it but they were not.
Also many girls are ready to f*** in just a couple of hours of knowing them. Again, NOT working girls.

Yes I am a foreigner, 50 years old and not that great looking. Average.

I understand the foreigner thing and the money thing but that still does not explain all the short time hotels.

Anyone have any answers?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why so many short time hotels

Post by Cornfed »

In South Korea the reason they have them is because you can’t generally bring a female back to where you live without your family and half the neighborhood seeing what you’er up to.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

ComingSoon wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 7:12 am
Ok guys, please dont give me some of the obvious answers like, people like to have sex.

What makes the Philippine people open to so much open sex and therefore the need for short time hotels.

I live in a mid sized city in the US and there is NONE. Yea there are cheap hotels and people use them for that purpose. But you cant drive in and close the garage door and have a adjoining room. It just is not a business here.

My question is twofold. What makes the filipina so open to sex? And why is the population as a whole ok with using short time hotels for this purpose?

I know you guys have many examples but here is a few that puzzle me only because it is so common.
Two different girls both after meeting once and I barely knew them sent me a text and said "if you buy me a cell phone you can f*** me" These were NOT working girls. Yea they are acting like it but they were not.
Also many girls are ready to f*** in just a couple of hours of knowing them. Again, NOT working girls.

Yes I am a foreigner, 50 years old and not that great looking. Average.

I understand the foreigner thing and the money thing but that still does not explain all the short time hotels.

Anyone have any answers?
All societies are variations of r versus K reproductive strategies.

r: Sex is more impulsive, and people therefore reproduce more and single motherhood is more common as it is in the 'Pines. Also, the r strategies invests less time and resources in children and there is almost a Darwinian expectation for some children to thrive while others fail or die. This strategy is associated poor societies or ethnic groups.

K: Sex is far less frequent, and people reproduce less. However, children tend to be raised with considerable investment of time and resources and the strategy is associated with affluent societies and ethnic groups.

So the short term hotels are reflective of a society which is largely "r" in their reproductive strategy. This is evidenced by the high single mother rate in the Philippines as well as the high poverty in the country.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 9:07 am
In South Korea the reason they have them is because you can’t generally bring a female back to where you live without your family and half the neighborhood seeing what you’er up to.
Same situation here in Japan, in all cities with dense population - especially when you are living in a small house with many people around you - no privacy at all.
The situation is better if you have enough money to afford to live within a large modern condominium building where nobody knows about who is the neighbor living next door.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Lost of Asians live with their parents in their 20s even in their 30s. And they usually live in small condos with no privacy whatsoever. Hence, a lot of short time hotels.
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Post by ComingSoon »

Very interesting answer Contrarian Expatriatem and some common sense answers also.

So I suppose the young girls that follow this impulsive behavior is learned from the society they grow up in. Just seems so crazy to a guy from the west.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

CannedHam wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 12:04 pm
Lost of Asians live with their parents in their 20s even in their 30s. And they usually live in small condos with no privacy whatsoever. Hence, a lot of short time hotels.
I agree with this. Also, secrecy is another reason for those having an affair.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

ComingSoon wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 7:33 pm
So I suppose the young girls that follow this impulsive behavior is learned from the society they grow up in. Just seems so crazy to a guy from the west.
There is much to suggest that the r reproductive strategy tends to be the result of some combination of poorly regulated sexual marketplaces, low IQ populations, and high mortality environments like high violence/war zones.

But we have these populations in the West also. Poorer African Americans, Latinos, whites, and Roma, all tend to have this strategy swallowing up those among them who follow a more K strategy.