Is Hong Kong the new Philipines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Is Hong Kong the new Philipines?

Post by MatureDJ »

Evidently, there is a huge imbalance of too many women there!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/com ... -face-love

I wonder if everyone there speaks English. I just have to believe that White men are looked upon there as better than the Chinamen.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Hong Kong the new Philipines?

Post by Yohan »

HongKong is NOT the new Philippines. Except you might find plenty of Filipina contract workers there. Otherwise Chinese women from HongKong are known to be rather picky and often reject mainland Chinese men if they cannot show up with enough money.

A similar situation you will find in Singapore as well. Both places are more or less expensive cities. Not really what you consider to be a 'country'.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yohan wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 10:24 pm
HongKong is NOT the new Philippines. Except you might find plenty of Filipina contract workers there. Otherwise Chinese women from HongKong are known to be rather picky and often reject mainland Chinese men if they cannot show up with enough money.

A similar situation you will find in Singapore as well. Both places are more or less expensive cities. Not really what you consider to be a 'country'.
"...more or less expensive cities...?" I think you can drop the 'or less.' That was the first thought that came to me: Who would hunt women in Hong Kong other than multi-millionaires? I'm guessing most of the Americanos in the Phils could scarcely afford to spend a weekend there.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

MatureDJ wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 12:16 pm
Evidently, there is a huge imbalance of too many women there!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/com ... -face-love

I wonder if everyone there speaks English. I just have to believe that White men are looked upon there as better than the Chinamen.
LOL this has to be one of the most retarded posts I've read on here in a long time.

You're comparing a third world bargain shithole to one of the richest, safest, most expensive, world-class cities?

Hong Kong women are among the most demanding in the world when it comes to money, assets, education, social status etc. I've spent a lot of time in HK, dated a HK woman years ago, and my wife has a lot of family there. Middle/upper class HK women will choose to stay single rather than "settle". So NO, being a loser white English teacher in HK will get you NO points over an educated HK or mainland guy with some money and status. And most of the "lower" class HK girls, of which there aren't a ton, have no interest in dating foreigners and likely don't speak English. And HK has historically always had a large ex-pat population, including lots of well-off finance and banking guys, so you don't exactly rise to the top by simply by being white.

And it's incredibly expensive. Don't expect a decent lifestyle on less than $5,000 usd/month post-taxes. $2-3k of that will probably go just toward paying rent.