Is Taiwan really one of the best countries in the world to find a wife?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Is Taiwan really one of the best countries in the world to find a wife?

Post by MatureDJ »

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Taiwan really one of the best countries in the world to find a wife?

Post by Cornfed »

That page seems a little over-optimistic.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Look at all the countries where the man is expected to pay a dowry. The man! It's like "Thank you for offering to be financially responsible for our daughter. In appreciation of how much over the course of your life together this will end up costing you...we require you to pay us some money." Good lord just say no.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 1:12 am
Look at all the countries where the man is expected to pay a dowry. The man! It's like "Thank you for offering to be financially responsible for our daughter. In appreciation of how much over the course of your life together this will end up costing you...we require you to pay us some money." Good lord just say no.
Yeah, how is that justified?
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I think it's about milking the desperate Western man for everything he's worth. Like shaking the tenacious piggy bank for as long as it takes until every single penny comes out.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

My wife knows a Taiwanese woman here in the US married to an American man. She is an enormous spendthrift, doesn't work, and sits around or shops all day. She's also has a massive superiority complex re: being from Taiwan vs. the mainland. Not a particularly pleasant woman.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Cornfed wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 1:49 am
flowerthief00 wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 1:12 am
Yeah, how is that justified?
In many cases the payment is returned to the couple as help towards a downpayment on a house, so the net loss to the man is very little. It's one of the numerous seemingly-stupid traditions I've seen in Asia that make little sense to a westerner like myself.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

It’s a clickbait article.

If you really want to know how you would do in a country, buy a ticket and go there. If it doesn’t work out try the next country.

I know a Taiwanese guy who read many reports on Ukraine and decided to go there, struck out and decided to give Baltic’s a try. He found a good looking GF in Lithuania and is taking her back to TW.

If you’re the type who goes to a country, doesn’t work out as expected and spend your time writing lengthy angry rants instead of looking elsewhere, you’ll likely fail.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

>> Is Taiwan really one of the best countries in the world to find a wife?

Just somebody trying to troll our Great Leader. We need to debunk this article on his behalf. Great Leader is currently travelling on a bulletproof train through China so can't be disturbed at the present time.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taiwan for sure is not one of the best countries in the world to find a wife.
Many Chinese men from Taiwan are looking around for a foreign wife - a similar situation you will find also in South Korea and to a lesser degree also here in Japan.
However Taiwan has only about 23 million people - no much choice to choose among the women living there and this is not such a poor place like Vietnam or the Philippines.
pitbull
Freshman Poster

Post by pitbull »

Yohan wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:50 am
Taiwan for sure is not one of the best countries in the world to find a wife.
Many Chinese men from Taiwan are looking around for a foreign wife - a similar situation you will find also in South Korea and to a lesser degree also here in Japan.
However Taiwan has only about 23 million people - no much choice to choose among the women living there and this is not such a poor place like Vietnam or the Philippines.
You only need one woman to be happy. Something you can learn.