Newbie Planning 2 month trip to Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
moonunit0103
Freshman Poster

Newbie Planning 2 month trip to Philippines

Post by moonunit0103 »

Hi,

I am a almost 60 year old dentist who was forced to retire on disability several years ago, and being divorced almost 7 years now and not meeting quality women here personally or on POF, I decided to get a new passport and take an extended trip. I booked a flight to Manila roundtrip to leave in mid January, returning mid March. My thoughts are to home base it in Cebu or Dumaguerte and island hop, sightseeing, maybe wreck dive, etc. I am not a fan of huge cities. I figured if I like the lifestyle, I may decide to stay. I am not averse to starting another family, but my 31 year old oldest daughter, who suggested I look outside the country, does not want me dating young girls (her age or younger) or or having more kids. Seems that most of the 35 year old or older women appear to be rode hard and put up wet, already have kids (not crazy about raising and providing for kids fathered not by me), which means I either PO my kids and date a Filipina in her 20s, with less baggage, hopefully; or go with an older model, which may or may not have just as many problems.

Also, I signed up for dateinasia.com, and have been gobsmacked at the numbers of messages from Filipinas, some of them knockouts (at least by their photos), but one Hot Babe 9+ (HB9), after chatting about an hour, started getting jealous that I was online a few hours later, but not chatting with her. Her profile says she lives in Manila, has a BS degree, but now lives in Leyte and takes care of her "nephew", who she says is her brother. She also told me her father is a lawyer, mother a school principal, but isn't specific on where they live. Says all of her siblings work overseas. I am smelling BS on this one. Her profile also said no liars, cheaters, or players, but it seems she is projecting her tendencies on me.

Another HB9, is 24 years old, free lance model (prostitute?) and is studying to be a nurse, but not currently taking classes, waiting to take board exams. She lives in Isabela, south of Zamboanga. I hate being a skeptic, but I am also an old dog, and it is almost like these women are fishing for me, hoping they can reel me in for my money, and/or as a Visa back to the states, then dump me first chance.

I had another HB9 who, the day after chatting with her, wanted me to load her phone. I told her it was my policy not to send money to anyone I haven't first met in person, so she backed off. Is this also something to expect?

I have been watching Reekay's Life Beyond the Seas on YT, and it has been informative. Wish I had seen the video on the dateinasia.com before contacting some of these women. I have been getting 50 hits or more every time I go online on the DIA site, and have since gone hidden. I had another HB9 try to Video conference me on WhatsApp 8 times a couple of days ago, and texted me 6 times. After a while, I turned my phone off, and if she persists, I may block her.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

redfeather
Freshman Poster

Re: Newbie Planning 2 month trip to Philippines

Post by redfeather »

Seth,
I am a retired Army Colonel, and I have several friends that are married to filipina women. I have a gf in Zamboagna that is a nurse. I just returned from a trip to Manila in Sept. I am going back in two weeks, but this time I am flying to Cebu. My gf and I are going to Siquijor Island for a 5 day beach vacation, and then returning to Cebu for a few days before I fly back. I have talked to many of my Army friends and they suggested that I keep my search down in the southern Philippines because the southern Philz women seem to be less westernized and more down to earth. I started out searching for women above 40 years old, but I too do not want a woman with kids bcoz I do not want all the added baggage and drama. I found many of the women above 40 have kids, so this made me start looking at younger women. My gf is 35 years old and has never been married with no kids, so each person has to pick what is most important to them when looking for a gf in the Philz. I find many of the women in the Philz to have a soft warm happy and joyful disposition about them that I like. I wanted a woman from the province and not from one of the big cities bcoz I fit better with a country girl than I do with a city girl. Some folks say the city girls are more materialistic, and this could be true and I wanted to avoid that kind of woman. I am like you in that I got tired of all the messed up broken women that we have in America, and I wanted to find a woman that was not raised under feminism. So, the Philippines has worked out great for me and many others. You have made a good choice in going to the Philippines for two months, and I think you will enjoy yourself while you are there. I know I have been treated so much better by my Philz gf than I was ever treated by chitty American women...you will be blown away by the difference in treatment once you get into a relationship with a good filipina girlfriend. Anyway, please keep us posted on your success...and prepare for an awesome time.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)
moonunit0103
Freshman Poster

Post by moonunit0103 »

I have limited my search to women with a BS, MS or doctorate, and have chatted with a really attractive lady from Leyte, 39, never married. When I had told her I had been married more than once, her wole disposition changed, like I was damaged goods. I told her in the USA, the women, 50% or more, leave their faithful, good providing husbands and fathers. I put on DIA that I was divorced, but she really did not react like what I had expected. She seems legit, and has video streamed her nice house in Leyte, with a car, has a cleaning lady, laundry lady, and a gardener. Said her dad is a lawyer, mom was a retired principal. She seems to be a pretty quality gal, but I am OK if she doesn't call me back. There are more fish in the sea, right?

Some really attractive women I have contacted, it doesn't seem long before they need money for this and that. I just block them. Scammers.

I have tried aiming for women 25 or older with an education, in hopes that they would be higher quality women. Has you found that to be true? From what I have noticed on DIA, women much older than 35, it seem the majority are fugly or fat, with ones who are still attractive very rare.

I am flying into Manila, then flying into Cebu also. Can you recommend a nice place to stay? I have seen travel videos to Siquijor Island, it looks lovely. So much negative publicity about martial law in Mindanao has me reluctant to travel there. Glad to know that some Expats are OK living there.

Do you know anything about 59 day visas or mulli visit Visas? I have seen something about it on YT, but haven't found anything on the Embassy website.
moonunit0103
Freshman Poster

Post by moonunit0103 »

I have limited my search to women with a BS, MS or doctorate, and have chatted with a really attractive lady from Leyte, 39, never married. When I had told her I had been married more than once, her wole disposition changed, like I was damaged goods. I told her in the USA, the women, 50% or more, leave their faithful, good providing husbands and fathers. I put on DIA that I was divorced, but she really did not react like what I had expected. She seems legit, and has video streamed her nice house in Leyte, with a car, has a cleaning lady, laundry lady, and a gardener. Said her dad is a lawyer, mom was a retired principal. She seems to be a pretty quality gal, but I am OK if she doesn't call me back. There are more fish in the sea, right?

Some really attractive women I have contacted, it doesn't seem long before they need money for this and that. I just block them. Scammers.

I have tried aiming for women 25 or older with an education, in hopes that they would be higher quality women. Has you found that to be true? From what I have noticed on DIA, women much older than 35, it seem the majority are fugly or fat, with ones who are still attractive very rare.

I am flying into Manila, then flying into Cebu also. Can you recommend a nice place to stay? I have seen travel videos to Siquijor Island, it looks lovely. So much negative publicity about martial law in Mindanao has me reluctant to travel there. Glad to know that some Expats are OK living there.

Do you know anything about 59 day visas or mulli visit Visas? I have seen something about it on YT, but haven't found anything on the Embassy website.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

moonunit0103 wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 9:27 am

The 59 day visa costs just over 3,000 PHP which is fairly inexpensive and this can be obtained at the airport once you arrive. For more info go to the Philippines forum on Trip Advisor. Alternatively you could fly out of the country to somewhere close by like Hong Kong before your automatic 30 day visa expires and then return a day or two later if you so wish resulting in a new 30 day visa. This could work out cheaper with a flight promo.

I've been all over the Philippines and Siquijor is the friendliest island I've been to and it's my favourite larger island. If you enjoy wreck diving check out a place called Coron in Palawan on the west side of the country. There are several WWII shipwrecks. You can fly here (Busuanga Airport) from either Manila or Cebu. If you do decide on visiting Coron you may want to take the 3.5 hr ferry to El Nido, again in Palawan. Both Coron and El Nido are beautiful and popular with tourists especially El Nido.

Whereabouts in Leyte are you planning to go? There are direct flights to Tacloban in the north of the province from Manila, and I think Cebu too. You can also fly internationally into Cebu.

I find education in a woman not to be particular important. Just because she has one and can support herself doesn't mean she won't get greedy or be unfaithful. I think the key is to find a woman who will make a good wife regardless of their education.

To me the woman in Leyte sounds a viable prospect simply because she seemed annoyed at you being divorced. That says to me she's interested in a meaningful relationship so I wouldn't rule her out completely. Perhaps once she meets you she'll see things more positively but don't put all your eggs in one basket. Meet as many as you can but be very careful not to tread on anyone's toes. Some could already have boyfriends or a jealous ex. Life is cheap over there if you catch my drift.

Coron Wrecks

My favourite smaller island - and it's part of Leyte