What's the deal with China women from wealthy families?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

What's the deal with China women from wealthy families?

Post by MatureDJ »

I was looking at this article about how wealthy Chinese families can easily immigrate to the USA by investing a certain amount of cash:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... to-the-u-s

I wonder if the daughters in these families have the good attitudes that one would find in China amongst the regular folks, or if they are even worse than the wealthy from long-generation-Americans of any race.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's the deal with Chinawomen from wealthy families?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MatureDJ wrote:I was looking at this article about how wealthy Chinese families can easily immigrate to the USA by investing a certain amount of cash:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... to-the-u-s

I wonder if the daughters in these families have the good attitudes that one would find in China amongst the regular folks, or if they are even worse than the wealthy from long-generation-Americans of any race.
This type of investment visa is quite common around the world although many countries are considering dropping them or curtailing them in the anti-immigration political wave.

The children of rich Chinese do not do very well socially in the USA. They cloister themselves around each other in very posh environs since they do not mesh easily in the USA. Their living high on the hog tends to further alienate them from the average American students who cannot relate to the Chinese students who often ride around in ostentatious luxury cars among the small towns and pick up trucks. One of the reasons their spoken English remains poor is because they rarely socialize with native English speakers unless it is absolutely necessary.

I think of mainland Chinese women as controlled by their adherence to Guanxi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanxi so they are therefore off limits apart from the rare exceptional case. Women being women, there will always be outliers and those who stray from Guanxi, but that is unlikely for the wealthy Chinese girl who has much more to lose in such a case.

Are they better than American women, YES. But you might find they are tough to meet and tougher to date when her connectedness to her social circle is so culturally strong.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

In China, they are called Fu er dai. (I'm not sure that is the correct pinyin, though). I say, forget about woman from those rich families. Most of the things Contrarian said is correct, but they also have a notorious reputation in Canada, the U.S., Singapore and Australia.

They have been many instances of bad behavior from children of fu er dai in those places.

I'd avoid them all together; not only are they insular, but they are also very money oriented, materialistic and could care less about others. You're better off getting FOB girls than woman who come from rich families in China.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote:... forget about woman from those rich families. Most of the things Contrarian said is correct, but they also have a notorious reputation in Canada, the U.S., Singapore and Australia.
I'd avoid them all together; not only are they insular, but they are also very money oriented, materialistic and could care less about others. You're better off getting FOB girls than woman who come from rich families in China.
Long time ago, in Malaysia I was living with a Hokkien Chinese girl out of such a family before my arrival in Japan.

Finally I could not tolerate her and all her relatives anymore and left. They had various houses everywhere, plantages, factories, 100s of workers, I had a maid and a car and so on...

I could be now a rich man if I had continued living with them, but I preferred to be 'better happy than successful'...

I have to say, this girl was not cheating me, and as they were from Malaysia, British educated, they were not discriminating against me like it is reported frequently from mainland China, they were better in English than in Chinese language, but their demanding behavior - not my way of life... What shall I say? I had all and everything and I had nothing and I was treated like a nothing by all of them.....
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

They will not date an average guy. For them to even consider you you'd have to have model tier looks, big cock, and can seduce them somehow. But good luck, they are usually rolling in their equally rich Chinese groups and don't seek out foreign men.

And yes, they are usually nasty, vapid and highly arrogant, and worse than any rich Westerner
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

As a Chinese guy who speaks English at Native level, I'm certainly not one of those bananas but I utterly detest these rich FOB kids who form their own cliques. The girls are materialistic and stuck up. They won't even take you seriously unless you are 'fun' and have money to throw around. I see plenty of Chinese FOB couples here in Vancouver and I question whether they even want commitment. Don't go for FOBs, period. You have a significantly better chance meeting a decent woman in mainland China. One time I was walking on the street here in Richmond, this FOB girl driving a Mercedes or a BMW (forgot which one) saw that I was about to pass right in front of her, but it seemed that she didn't even bother stopping. I guess that if she ran over a peasant like me, she wouldn't give a f**k because she has a rich daddy.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

It's also very hard to approach these FOBs as they almost always stick to groups. Three words of advice. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Another thing I have noticed about these girls is, 8 or 9 out of 10 times they do nothing but look at their phones while their boyfriends are driving. I don't get along that well with most FOB Chinese (though in some cases, slightly better) and definitely don't have much in common with bananas. From my experience I get along best with Chinese in mainland China. In August when I went back to Beijing, I was out with my mum at a shopping centre. We visited a tea shop and the owner knows my mum relatively well. She asked my mum whether I have trouble adjusting to mainland China. My mum said: 'Not at all, he's really easygoing and well-adjusted here. He has no problems whatsoever.' The owner was a bit surprised, but in a pleasant way.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
JesseL26
Freshman Poster

Re: What's the deal with China women from wealthy families?

Post by JesseL26 »

Why is it that FOB ones are difficult to talk to compared to being in the mainland don't they all come from the same place?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

JesseL26 wrote:Why is it that FOB ones are difficult to talk to compared to being in the mainland don't they all come from the same place?
Because:

1) You lose your novelty appeal to them once they go to your country. Especially if its a multicultural area like California.

2) The ones going to the US or Canada arent there to make friends. They are there with a career oriented mindset to work and make money because thats what they live for. Or they are focused on studying at a university so they can get a good degree and get a good career afterward. Neither of those types are soulful or down to earth types.

3) The Asians that immigrate to the US tend to be from upper middle class families that want to excel in the material world. People like that arent approachable or down to earth. Their focus is on ACHIEVEMENT, not social relationships.

Right bao3niang?

There are nice FOBs too. But you gotta meet them. And they are mostly in college and busy with studies.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
JesseL26
Freshman Poster

Post by JesseL26 »

Hmmmmm. Makes a lot of sense Winston. But I recently met a Vietnamese girl she's 22 years old came here at age 13 she's mostly around her own kind though barely Americanized still retains her feminine nurturing side. She works at a nail salon she isn't a ''career oriented'' woman. She says she doesn't like Vietnamese men anymore had 1 of them cheating on her and the other did not accept her mostly his family for trivial things. But she and her family are so open minded and she is beyond down to earth and likes me for who I am. But I get what you are saying I noticed most Chinese here in South Florida the non Americanized ones are not friendly at all they won't even make eye contact nor smile at you. Like you said they are here to just work or study even the poor ones like the ones that work at Chinese buffets I got rejected 5 years ago her parents said no even though I never met them. Strange how region makes them behave differently. Thanks for the responses guys.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Nice FOBs? I think there are ones, they exist, but all in all it's not worth it. Just go to China and live there if you want the real thing. The FOBs, at least the ones I've talked to, all turned out to be undesirable in one way or another. The nicest Chinese women are still found in China.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!