Preferring to date men who earned 2-3x income

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Preferring to date men who earned 2-3x income

Post by momopi »

wingfeather
Freshman Poster

Re: Preferring to date men who earned 2-3x income

Post by wingfeather »

My ex girlfriend had a minimum salary threshold number she wanted me to be making to "qualify" to be in an official relationship with her. She told me this without asking.

Of course she saw no problems with her hypocritical lack of ambition, hobbies, or passions.

There's a reason she is my ex...
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Lol, I should tell women they must earn at least a third of my income to qualify to date me when I'm traveling. It would be hilarious.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

You guys are just running into the wrong kinds of Chinese women. There are 700 million females in China, you just have to find a good one and I'd say 70-75% of Chinese women are good and non-materialistic. Megan nor Lu were materialistic, though they weren't compatible with me. I will say that the women from places like Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, and some other southern coastal cities tend to be a bit more materialistic.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I fully agree with Bao3niang. There are plenty of Chinese women who expect barely a minimum of security from a man, they are really modest.
Look around in smaller cities in China, but you find also such Chinese women in Japan in the suburbs of the major cities, in Malaysia in cities with a large Chinese community etc.

It depends also on the foreign man, if you cannot really communicate in Chinese (and this is no easy language) you might face difficulties.

Materialistic orientated Chinese women, you will see plenty of them in HongKong, Singapore, Taiwan - These are girls who will anyway not consider you for dating. The Singapore party girl is not cheap. Do not expect after your arrival in Asia you are a rich man.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Overall though, I must say that materialism in China is really on the rise. It's very sad. Still, China has so many advantages over the Anglosphere. In the modern world, it's often not about finding the perfect options, but about picking the best out of bad or worsening options.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!