Aussie Vietnam Vets who now call Vietnam home...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Aussie Vietnam Vets who now call Vietnam home...

Post by yick »

http://www.smh.com.au/good-weekend/swea ... t5ww6.html

A very nicely written and interesting piece about Australian Vietnam War veterans who returned to Vietnam - mainly to bury their mental ghosts - and ended up staying and making new lives for themselves. Nice story about some of the old 'uns making their 'Happier Abroad' dream come true, it's never ever too late. :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Aussie Vietnam Vets who now call Vietnam home...

Post by zboy1 »

Good stuff. Destroys the propaganda that Asia is a hellhole and that Australia is a great country. Most of the vets in the article were complaining about how bad Australia was becoming in terms of feminism, Muslims and political correctness affecting the country.

I'm a vet but not a war vet like these soldiers. Throughout my life I've met some interesting veterans in my life, including in Asia, and they always tell interesting stories. I'm glad the pain of war were beginning to subside for some of them. Most vets I talked to despised their governments for a variety of reasons.

I think most vets I've met realized they were fighting for corporations and the New World Order, not for 'freedom' and other bullshit reasons the media and government like to feed the gullible public most of the time.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

O
Last edited by Kradmelder on April 28th, 2017, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

One thing you can say about the military is it changes your life. You no longer have anything in common with where you grew up or school friends and your loyalties change.

From my experience each year is many years to get over. Mostly due to so much packed into so little time that civvies dont experience. You bury it and it takes years to work through it. It buggers up many years of your life but after you work through it you appreciate much, have a sense of duty and honour and respect, and are a much better man. If you cant work through it it can fark you up. The key things to work through are drinking, easy resort to excessive violence, a coldness to personal relationships, control of intrusive negative thoughts and memories. You dont even notice it yourself as the abnormal becomes normal, and feeling nothing is the norm. I recall one woman telling me once that i have the coldest eyes she has ever seen. Such comments make you realise you have to readjust. No one will do it for you. I wouldnt go so far as to pooh pooh whitey and live amongst the savages though. I need make no amends.

I can say i didnt recover from it for 2 decades as things from then affect you as a person, including a spanner in the works of relationshits as your focus is not on women pleasing. Afterwards i appreciate what kind of man it made me.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

zboy1 wrote:
April 28th, 2017, 10:15 am
Good stuff. Destroys the propaganda that Asia is a hellhole and that Australia is a great country.
Exactly Australia caught up to and surpassed America, Canada and the UK at being an over-policed and overrated country which couldn't even manage to keep its own culture. If you're a man you'd be a fool to move there but if you're an ugly Asian woman or lesbian then maybe it's the place to be.

Today's Australia: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=41705