Burma succumbs to feminism

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Burma succumbs to feminism

Post by Cornfed »

Another Asian country seems hellbent on becoming an even worse feminist shithole than the West. I wonder who is pulling their strings.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/myanmar-men- ... 41889.html
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Re: Burma succumbs to feminism

Post by gravity25x »

Why haven't countries like Japan and Korea really adopted feminism to the levels of the West? They've been open to the broader world for a long time. Yet I've never heard stories of feminazi's doing horrible things coming out of those countries...

Interesting that only the man has to take responsibility for his actions. Somehow the woman couldn't fathom that she was going to get pregnant after sex? It's not like she knew she wasn't married and didn't have any financial promise/security from the man. Don't force women to take responsibility for themselves, but repeat after me: "They are equal to men."

I wonder if they will have to pass a law stating that men actually have to take care of their wives? Technically they could just marry them and then leave them on the street.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It's not reasonable to force a marry a man to marry a woman he slept with if she'd slept with another man before him. Even if she got pregnant by him, IMO.

'Shot gun weddings' are traditional in a lot of culture. This aspect of it is 'traditionalism', not feminism.
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Post by xtravel »

gravity25x wrote:Interesting that only the man has to take responsibility for his actions. Somehow the woman couldn't fathom that she was going to get pregnant after sex?
I agree with this sentiment. I can see requiring a man to be on the hook for 50% of the cost of an abortion since accidents do happen, but otherwise, carrying the pregnancy to term should be deemed her body her choice. Unfortunately, society is cucked so I got a vasectomy.
gravity25x wrote: I wonder if they will have to pass a law stating that men actually have to take care of their wives? Technically they could just marry them and then leave them on the street.
It is a rather bizarre law that is being proposed. Your point about men actually take care of their wives is quite true. Most of my Myanmar girl friend's female friends are married, and in most cases their husbands are useless.

The effect of the law will be to encourage growth of Myanmar's p4p industry. Forced married with a live in girl friend vs 40,000 kyats to have sex with a high end working girl? No brainer.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Cornfed wrote:Another Asian country seems hellbent on becoming an even worse feminist shithole than the West. I wonder who is pulling their strings.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/myanmar-men- ... 41889.html
"Women can complain if they are bullied into not getting married after living together. We will give them protection under the law."

How is someone bullied into not doing something lol
Some places just copy blindly into "modernization"
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?